Prologue

Bad Man, A Very Bad Man

                Many children had been born during the heat of the Rebellion, and throughout their lives, they were taught nothing but ins and outs of war and how to fight one. They were raised to fight and defend their loved ones and what they believed in, nothing else was truly as important as that. Bloodshed didn’t make them run and hide, death didn’t make them shake with fear, the barrel of a gun staring them right in the face only made them stand straighter, not back down. Fear was unacceptable, weakness was frowned upon, and giving up wasn’t an option.

                Then came the sudden change.

                A time where no violence was accepted and people were to go along with their lives as if the war had never even happened. Children went to school, adults went to work, the world moved on so suddenly.

                Whereas many people called this the Time of Peace, most knew it as the Time of Discomfort. Never knowing when a neighbor would turn and suddenly start killing again, or if the government would cause an uproar like they had before. It was a time for everyone to be uneasy and untrusting.

                It’s during this time that Government takes the most advantage of the Civilians. Creating a curfew and killing any that break it, forcing families apart for slave work, abusing their powers in any way possible. The corrupt Government has the ones that had given them that power in the first place. They live by this twisted vow:

After the Great Dispute, the old Government was overthrown and a new one rose from its ashes. This new and improved Government brings peace to the ones who deserve it and the strong discipline to those who have brought it upon themselves. The Government stands with those whom to choose to stay alive.

                Enter the Rebels. The true leaders of the Civilians. They stand up to the Government when no one else can and fight for the freedom that they deserve. They risk their lives each night to push the Government back and save lives continuously and tirelessly. Although the Civilians know of them and support them, it’s a known fact that outright supporting them is punishment by death by the Government.

                Which is why the local high school runs a secret newspaper dedicated solely to the Rebels and their heroic actions. They pass it throughout their neighborhoods so that everyone can know the whereabouts and doings of the Rebels and be able to continue to secretly support them behind the Government’s back.

                But it can’t continue to always be this way.

                Sooner or later, people will have to realize that they will have to fight the Government like they had before and gain their freedom on their own. The Rebels can’t do it on their own. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hi~

so thanks for reading this! and for everyone that already subscribed...

THANK YOU :O i wasn't expecting that! like at all!

this is a background of the history for not only the Rebels but for the main character (Sohyun) as she was also born during the war and is used to fighting and stuff like that. 

she's not a damsel in distress, that's for sure. (this author does NOT like damsel in distresses -_-)

anyway, i'll be posting a little bit down here in the A/N for each chapter or at least trying to ^^ whether it's a silly story about me or an explanation or something, but i will hopefully always have something so i hope you don't mind!

thanks for reading~