can you do it again, everyday?

Everyday

 

Everyday.

 

x x x

 

 

“Marry me.”

 

“What?”

 

     It was not a request, it was a command. It wasn't even a question. More like a statement.

The man intensely gazed through her eyes and repeated, “Marry me.”

He wasn't the type of person that liked to show his emotions, thus he struggled to ask the four-worded question.

 

The girl giggled in response. “Oppa...”

 

“Answer my question.” He forced her. “It's either a simple yes, or no.”

 

She giggled again. “If I say yes... Will you do something for me?”

 

He nodded. “Anything.”

She gazed at the early morning sunrise and smiled. “Will you... Ignore me for the next twenty-four hours?”

 

“...What?” He was puzzled by her request.

How could he ignore her if he loved her so much? She was the bright star in his gloomy cold world. His first, last and only love...

 

“I said, will you ignore me for the next twenty-four hours. No communication or visiting during that time whatsoever. If you complete my request, then I'll marry you.”

 

He couldn't stand being away from her for so long, yet he accepted. “Only if you marry me.”

 

The girl paused for a short moment, then smiled warmly. “Of course. You promise?

 

“I promise.”

 

And with that, he pulled her in for a kiss.

 

 

 

I love you, oppa...”

 

//

 

x x x

 

//

 

 

Cough. Cough. Cough.

 

     Blood splattered out on her pale-looking hands. Her lungs were burning and her eyes were watering.

 

A man screamed her name.

Yunho oppa...” She croaked hoarsely. “Don't tell him yet...”

We have to!” The said man cried. He took hold of her pale cold hands, squeezing it as if his life depended on it. “He has every right to know!”

She coughed once again. “I...don't want him to get hurt...”

You're going to hurt him even more!” He wept with tears forming on the corner of his eyes. “Not just him, but also your oppa!”

It can't be helped, Yunho oppa...” She mumbled as she closed her eyes. “I'm dying...”

Just hold on, okay! I'll call Jaejoong!”

No, don't! He made a promise with me...”

But—”

Oppa... I'm cold...”

 

He raised his hand to the top of her head and gently her hair. He couldn't stop the waterfall of tears streaming down from his eyes. He knew he had to be strong... But the sight of his little sister going through so much pain made him feel like his heart had been pummeled and crushed into pieces.

 

Just hold on, okay! You have to live! You're my only family...”

 

Oppa... I'll see you soon, okay...?”

 

 

//

 

x x x

 

//

 

     After twenty-four hours, Jaejoong finally had enough. Though it was only a day, he missed her. He walked out of his house and was ready to visit her, with a ring on hand.

 

“Jaejoong-ah...”

 

He turned around to find his broken-looking friend.

“Yunho-yah...” He whispered and walked towards him. “What happened to you...? How is she?”

His eyes were red and swollen, and his complexion was pale. “She's...”

“She's what...?” Jaejoong was curious.

 

Yunho glanced at him with eyes filled with melancholy and spoke, “Follow me...”

“No,” Jaejoong refused. “I have to see her.”

The other man shook his head slowly. “Just follow me. She's waiting for you...”

 

He had no choice but to follow him. They walked silently; not one spoke a word.

Yunho led Jaejoong to an empty grassy hill that viewed the whole of the city. A small cherry blossom tree stood right on top.

 

“Where is she...?” Jaejoong broke the silence when they were halfway up the hill. He had a sudden feeling of uneasiness.

 

Yunho refused to respond and remained silent.

 

Once they got on top of the hill, Jaejoong froze.

His knees shook.

His breathing stopped.

His body shivered.

 

 

A tombstone.

 

“She... wanted to give this to you...” The other man spoke for the first time since they began walking.

Jaejoong turned back and a pink folded paper was held out in front of him. He hesitated to get it first, but took it from him anyway.

 

Is this a joke?, he thought to himself as he unfolded the paper.

It contained one line.

 

Yunho stood back to give him some privacy. “I'm sorry...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You made it, oppa! Can you do it again, everyday?'