Chapter 01

Unforgotten Memories

Is This Faith? 

Seunghyun's POV:

At a bar located in Korean Air Lines. 

"I knew I would find you here."

Surprised the sudden voice appearing out of nowhere caused me to turn my head, finding Siwon, my cousin. 

"Yeah, I just landed." I reply. 

"As expected of T.O.P, always landing on time even when there's a crazy thunder storm." He says while stealing some of the peanuts on the table. 

"Well that's our job." I reply. All the workers here in the airline call me T.O.P. It became a nickname given to me from basically everyone since I've received the Top Excellency Award, I personally don't like the nickname, but there's nothing I can do since everyone calls me that.

"Hey do you remember your dream to personally fly your mom back no matter where she is?" Siwon asks.

"Yeah, what about it?" I ask.

"Well, I think it's going to come true soon." He replies sarcastically.

"What do you mean?" I ask quite confused.

"Do you remember Doojoon? He's an investigator friend of mine who I asked to keep an eye out of your mom. He told me there's an asian lady who always goes to the same flower shop at 11 in the morning and sent me some pictures." he replies while taking a manila folder out of his briefcase.

"See if they look like your mom." he says while handing the folder to me.

I grabbed the pictures and start to examine them.

"I honestly don't even know how she looks like anymore. It's been like 20 years." I reply.

"Well being the best friend/cousin I am, I checked your roster. You have a flight going to Paris and if you ask YG to extend the flight I'm sure he can put you to another flight back here. You should just check it out while you're there." he suggests.

"Yeah, I guess I should." I reply after sipping on some beer.

"Can I have one to?" Siwon asks when a bartender came by.

"Wait, what's the catch? You never check my roster unless there's a favor involved." I say eyeing him suspiciously.

"Alright, you caught me. Can you help me leave a message for a girl I met at Paris." he asks with his puppy dog eyes. 

"Let me guess, a break up message?" I ask already knowing the answer. 

"See, now this is why we're like brothers. We just get each other." he said while wrapping his hand around my shoulders. 

"Ahaha" I laugh sarcastically. 

"What's her name?" I ask. 

"Her name is Tiffany, but we still haven't decided the time and place yet. So I'll just text you when we have it set." he replies. 

"So how do you know a girl from France." I ask quite interested. 

"Easy, a one-night stand. You should try it to sometime." he says nonchalantly. 

"No thanks. Well I should go now." I say when I noticed one of Siwon's fling entering the bar. 

"You are so understanding, alright see you later." he says.

"Seunghyun, are you sure you don't want to stay a while longer?" Jessica asks politely. 

"No I'm good. Don't want to be a third-wheeler. Bye guys! Have fun!" I say while finishing off the rest of the beer.

 

As I left the bar and started walking to the parking lot I saw a little boy running my way with guards chasing him telling him to stop running.

"Hey, hey, hey. Why are you running little guy?" I ask as I lowered myself and wrap my arm around him gently to stop him from running further.

"Hi Captain Choi. Sorry, he ran away trying to board the plane his mother is on." the worker tells me.

"Let me go!! My mom's going to leave soon! Let me go!" the little boy whines.

"Hey, little boy don't worry, your mom is going to come back. If not why don't you become a pilot when you grow up and go find her?" I suggest remembering when I was young.

I notice he stopped sobbing and wiggling in my arms, so I let him go.

"Do you promise." I ask and raised my pinky towards him.

"Mm! I promise!" he says smiling and locking his pinky with mine.

"Then you better study hard and become a good pilot, better than me?" I ask.

"Yes, sir!" he says with a smile.

"Thank you so much!" the workers say while walking away with the boy.

 

2 days later~ 

Once the plane landed smoothly, I had to go to the briefing room and was finally released few minutes later, 10:32. Perfect! Just 28 more minutes. 

"Hey, can you drop me off at this address." I ask while giving the taxi driver the paper with the address of the flower shop on it. He says yes and started to take off.

"Sorry! But there seems to be a big car accident up front that's causing the traffic. I don't think we're going to move for a while. I think it'll be even faster if you walk." says the driver.

I look at my watch, 10:56, shoot I only have 4 more minutes. I looked outside the window, the drivers right, the cars were barely moving in the front.

"Okay, I'll just walk from here. Thank you so much!" I say and handed the money to him.

"No problem, it's just straight down, just look at the signs you won't miss it!" the drivers says.

Great. I only have 4 minutes so I ran as fast as I can down the street. I finally see the sign with the shop on it. I looked at my watch again 11:03. Damn it, I thought to myself. I enter the shop and went to the cash register with a worker standing there.

"Hi, I was wondering if a girl with long black hair who's asian and always buys pink roses came by today?" I ask the employee.

"Ah yes! In fact she just came by!" says the worker.

"Do you know where she went?!" I ask.

"She turned right out the door." she replies.

"Okay, thank you so much!" I reply and ran out the door.

I ran and turned right and saw a woman holding a bouquet of pink roses and rushed towards her.

"Excuse me!" I said while grabbing her shoulder to get her attention.

She turns around, but she looks way too young to be me mom. The heck she looks my age! I thought to myself.

"Sorry, it seems like I got the wrong person." I say feeling so embarrassed and bowed down.

"Oh it's okay. Then if that's it please excuse me." she says and starts walking away.

Wow not only is she beautiful, but she has a beautiful voice as well. I bowed down again as a sign of respect and felt bad. I was about to walk away but, I stepped on something round and saw a bracelet on the floor where she was standing so I assumed it was hers.

"Excuse me!" I say and run towards her once again.

She turned around looking surprised.

"Sorry, but I think you dropped your bracelet." I say and extend my hand with the bracelet. She seems even more surprised to see the bracelet in my hand, so she quickly checks her wrist.

"Oh yes it's mine. Thank you so much!" she says still looking surprised

Bom's POV:    

"Bommieah~ I have something to give you!" my mom called out. 

"Neh, umma?" I asked.

"You're 25 now so I'm going to give you this bracelet that my mom passed down to me. It's called the Destiny. When you meet a man who will be your soul mate and maybe even the one and only, the bracelet will know when to fall off and act as conversation starter if you want to put it that way. Now it's up to you to believe it or not, but now I want you to have it since it worked your grandparents and your father and I." she says and secured the bracelet on my hand. 

"Is this how you and dad started talking?" I asked while looking at the bracelet. 

"Neh, he was so silly. He was too shy so he asked the waiter to return it to me. Good thing the waitor told me who really found it and pointed to him or else I could've married some other guy. So I gave the bracelet a chance, now it's up to you if you will." my mom said. 

 

I looked at him while he was helping my put the bracelet back on which reminded me of my mom. 

"Thank you once again." I say. I was thinking of what to say next since I wanted to keep the conversation going. 

"Where are you from?" I ask not realizing how rude I sound.

"I'm from Korea." he replied with a somewhat surprised expression. 

"Oh! Nado!" I reply in korean. 

"That's great!" he says sounding quite glad. 

"If you have time, maybe you can..." I was about to continue until I heard his phone start ringing.

"Sorry, but I should take this." he says then turns away and answers the call. 

Seunghyun's POV: 

Seriously. He has to call me now doesn't he? I cursed silently in my head. 

"Hello?" I say as I picked up the call. 

"Hey did you land yet?" Siwon asks through the phone. 

"Yeah like an hour ago." I reply back, but I also noticed the girl looking at her watch with a worried expression. 

"I just called to tell you Tiffany and I decided on a place to meet." Siwon says. 

I was going to reply but the girl tapped my shoulder while looking at me .

"Sorry but I have to go." she whispers and waves goodbye using the hand with the bracelet on it.

I was about the run to her again until Siwon yelled through the phone.

"Yah! Seunghyun! Did you hear what I just said?" he asks with a bit of anger in his tone.

"Yes! I heard you aish! When and where?" I ask finding it hopeless to catch up to her now. 

"I'll email you the address of the cafe and time." as soon as he said that I felt my phone vibrate signaling I've received the email. 

"Okay I received it." I reply without even checking it. 

"You better go okay! While you're there you should look for a girl your own!" 

"I was just about to until you interrupted!" I say a bit angry realizing I didn't even get her name. 

"Oh! Really! Sorry man! Awhhhh my wittle cousin is growing up!" he says with his cutesy tone. 

"Hyung! You're grossing me out!" I reply disgusted. 

"Oh yeah! You should start heading to the cafe now since it's almost 11:30. She hates it when people are late." he replies finally being serious. 

"Dude, you're so annoying." 

"That's why you love me right? Alright I'll stop annoying you. I have a flight anyways. Don't be late!" he reminds me and hangs up before I could say anything else. 

I open the email after he hung up. 

"Spring Cafe @ 12 p.m" 

This isn't even an address! Aish that hyung I thought. 

Bom's POV: 

When that guy was busy on the phone, it was already 11:20. I have to start heading the cafe to take my shift so I have no choice but to say goodbye to him. However I was secretly hoping to see him again. I reach the cafe in about 10 minutes. 

"Hello Chaerinie!" I greet her as soon as I arrive. 

"Hey! So glad you made it! Thanks for coming when I need you the most." she says and kissed me on my cheeks. 

"Hehe! I would've came earlier, but I met a boy." I decide to tell her since she's my best friend.

"Shut up! No way! Who, what, where, when and how?!" she asks while speaking super fast throwing the questions at me.

"Okay first breath!" I say and put my hands on her shoulders. 

"So you know how I always buy flowers at that one store? When I bought the flowers, a few feet away from the store, a man thought I was someone he knew and tapped my shoulders. But seeing I wasn't the person he was looking for he said sorry so we just parted and went our separate ways, but guess what!" I say telling her the story.

"What??" Chaerin asks totally intrigued.

"Do you remember this bracelet I told you about?" I ask and raise my left hand with the bracelet.

"No way!!" she exclaimed with a shocked expression.

"Yeah! It fell and he returned it to me." I told her not quite believing it either.

"Ah! So where is he?! What happened?" she asks with more questions.

"Well I was going to invite him to the cafe but someone called him so nothing else happened. I had to leave since I didn't want to be late for the shift." I reply. 

"Sorry. I shouldn't have rushed you to come. But I mean if he is the one you'll for sure see him again!" Chaerin says trying to cheer me up. 

"Chaerin! It's twelve now, my shift ended. I'm gonna go now! Oh hi Bom!!" Sandara says and leaves her apron and heads to the locker to change out of the uniform. 

"Okay, bye! Sorry Bommie! Dara has to reconcile with her boyfriend so I called you here. Your apron is being washed since you weren't suppose to work today. Do you mind wearing Dara's for today?" Chaerin asks and hands me the apron. 

"Of course! It's fine. I'll go change now!" I reply while grabbing on to the apron. 

"Thanks! I owe you one!" I hear Chaerin say while heading to the locker room to change.

When I finished getting dressed, I guess it's rush hour or something since I saw a bunch of occupied seats since I went to change not too long ago. Dara really knows when to end her shift I laughed at the thought silently. 

"Oh! Bommie are you done changing?" Chaerin asks while putting dirty cups into the wash bin. 

"Yeah, Is it rush hour or something." I ask still tying the knot of the apron. 

"Yeah! Do you mind taking over outside with Minzy?" Chaerin asks. 

"Okay! No problem!" I say and went outside. 

"Unnie! CL unnie called you again huh?" Minzy asks when she just finished a table order. 

"Neh! Where do you want to serve?" I ask her. 

" Do you mind serving the tables on the right side while I do the left side?" Minzy asks politely. 

"Okay!" I reply and start taking orders from customers. 

I was taking orders for a table, but I saw a man with a menu close to his face, but when he lowered the menu a bit it turned out to be the guy I saw earlier. Is this what you called faith mom? I ask inside my head while looking at the sky. 

 

Chapter 1 finished! 

I'm so sorry about the delay! But my family decided to take an unplanned  vacation to New York! I just got back and updated as soon as I got home!.

I hoped you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Sorry if theres mistakes/errors! I just wanted to this chapter up ASAP! 

Well that's it for today! I'll talk to you guys in the next chapter!

Thanks for subscribing!!! :D