Final

Only Look at Me

THERE IS MATURE LANGUAGE BE RESPONSIBLE. no . just cursing

oh i apologize in advance...yeah. THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING AND AGAIN, SORRY. ♥


It wasn’t fair.

 

Hoseok always spent his time coddling Jimin or spent time playing around with Taehyung. He’s always been a touchy person but even more so with those two. Of course it was very much liked by the fans; skinship had a huge impact on fangirls. However, a certain little maknae wasn’t too keen on how close Hoseok was with his other hyungs.

 

Ever since Jungkook and Hoseok met, the younger claimed the dancer as his hyung, and his hyung only. Maybe it had to do with that angelic smile or the way the other’s eyes formed soft crescents every time he laughed. Maybe it was due to the fact that he was so caring and lovable and gentle all at the same time. Or maybe it was just because the maknae always had a strong pull when he was with him, somewhat of a safety barrier whenever they were together. Whatever strange attachment he had to him –was it love?-, it seemed like it was never going to go away, but he concluded that as long as he still had his hyung by his side, everything would be okay. Well, he thought it would be okay.

 

When they first debuted, none of the members ever really did skinship. There were occasions when, in the dorm of course, the hyungs were affectionate towards the younger ones, but it didn’t happen very often and when it did, it was casually brushed off. But then their management said it was good to show affection to each other in public, that it would gain them more fans and possibly more popularity. Now, who doesn’t want that?

 

So naturally they became touchier with each other for publicity and needless to say it worked like a charm with the fans. Out of all the members however, the two touchiest people seemed to be none other than Jin and Hoseok. Jin was not much of a surprise, but Hoseok’s wandering hands had surprised all of them and Jungkook did not like it whatsoever. Sure, every so often he got some more than appropriate touches from the dancer, but that also meant so did the others. And for some strange reason, the elder liked to play with Jimin and Taehyung the most. It was beyond Jungkook as to why that was, but it was like he could do much about it. All he could do was sit from afar and wish his favorite hyung would spend a little more time with him like some lovesick teenage girl.

 

How pathetic.

 

That is until he decided to make his move on their one free day that they’ve been given. They’d just finished their last goodbye stage, so their management declared that they have one rest day to regain their strength. Each member had different ways to spend it: Namjoon and Yoongi went to the recording studio to drop some beats (surprise, surprise), Taehyung and Jin felt that they should actually rest and concluded that they stay at the dorm, and the remaining three, much to Jungkook’s annoyance, ventured on a little field trip to the practice studio to work on choreography.

 

It was refreshing that Taehyung was actually spending time with someone other than Hoseok, but of course Jimin had to come along as well and ruin it all. Normally Jungkook wouldn’t mind spending time with his charming, little best friend, but today was supposed a private day for just him and Hoseok.

 

What a .

 

After endlessly dancing for two hours straight, the three boys collapsed on the wooden floor from fatigue, hair plastered to their foreheads, chests heaving violently. They’d danced different songs, same songs, and just plain weird songs in a compact practice room with a high temperature. It had no windows and unfortunately, the AC was being repaired at that moment. Fan-ing-tastic. It was kind of like hell. Except there was water. Ah yes, water.

 

Jungkook was the first to fully recover and sat up to stare at his little er, Jimin. His eyebrows furrowed in thought as he wondered how he could get some alone time with Hoseok. He didn’t want his time to run out and if anything, he just wanted to get his childish, little confession over with already.  He could always ask the elder to go with him to get ice cream with him. But then of course Jimin would tag along as well. He could lock Jimin out of the practice room. But damn it, that’d probably seem suspicious. Every idea he had seemed to have a disadvantage. He could just kill him. No, Jungkook. Stop. Think rationally. But maybe that was being rational? Okay, no. Totally not rational. Or maybe-? God damn it. NO. Just as he was about to give up, he scrutinized his best friend’s face some more. It looked a little pale. He smirked as it all formed in his head.  Bingo.

 

“Jimin-hyung, are you okay? You don’t look too good.” It was time for those hidden acting skills to get him through this. Jungkook feigned concern and put on his most sympathetic face.

Upon hearing this, Hoseok, being the caring hyung that he was, shot up and immediately directed his gaze to the mentioned dancer. Cocking his head to the side, he placed a hand on the other’s forehead to see if there was a fever of any kind.

 

“Hm. You do look pale. How do you feel, Jimin-ah?” As he felt the boy’s forehead, Jimin’s eyes had a hint of confusion in them.

 

“I feel fine, hyung. I mean, I’m a little thirsty, but I think I can manage.” He made a move to stand up but the oh-so-protective Hoseok held him firm in place and wagged a finger in front of his face.

 

“Oh no, mister, you’re going back to the dorm right now. We can’t have you overworking yourself and fainting from exhaustion. We’ve been practicing for two hours; I think we can call it a day already.” The elder began lifting Jimin from the floor, ignoring the sounds of protests escaping from the latter, and wrapped a secure arm around his shoulders. And Jungkook could only glare at the two that seemed to be in their own little world, oblivious to the daggers being shot at their heads. This was not how it was supposed to go. Hoseok was supposed to send Jimin off and then the two of them could stick around at the practice room and play and cuddle and maybe sleep or kiss because this was supposed to be like a fairytale or some romantic movie. But of course not. Of course it wouldn’t go his way.

 

Man.

 

it.

 

The maknae spoke up, “Hyung, wait! I- uh, need you to help me with some of the choreography still. I’m getting confused on a couple steps.” He smiled sheepishly and tried to put on a cute face as persuasion. He was hoping it’d work. He even crossed his fingers on both hands behind his back, but as Hoseok shot him an apologetic look, his heart sank.

 

“Jungkook-ah, maybe next time we can-“

 

“Hyung, really, I can make it back to the dorm myself, you know. I don’t need a babysitter.” Hoseok’s apology was cut short as Jimin actually said something in favor of Jungkook’s wishes. “You can stay here with Jungkookie; I’ll be fine, I promise. Besides, when are we gonna have another free day like this for you to work one-on-one with him?” Huh, he did have a point. Reluctantly, the elder removed his arm from Jimin’s shoulders and slowly maneuvered his way to Jungkook’s side.

 

“You sure?” The young dancer rolled his eyes at his hyung’s persistence, but nodded in assurance. “Alright. Just call Jin-hyung and let him know you’re on your way so that he can wait for you. And I want one of you guys to- no, scratch that. I want Jin-hyung to text me when you get home, got it?” Again, the other nodded. “Okay. Be careful. We’ll see you when we get back. We shouldn’t take too long.”

 

“Okay, hyung. Bye. Bye, Jungkook-ah.” The maknae waved his hand in return and narrowed his eyes when the other shot a wink in his direction. Did he just-? Does that mean he-? No, of course he doesn’t. But then why else would he-? Oh that sneaky bastard. Jungkook made a mental reminder to thank his best friend one day. Maybe even kiss his or the ground he walks on. But all thoughts of thanking the other vanished from his mind as soon as the door shut. Suddenly the room got a little too hot for his liking. He could feel sweat beads starting to form on his forehead again. It had been a while since he’d been alone with Hoseok and needless to say, he was a little nervous because damn it, he was actually going to confess no matter what. He’d already waited too long and his time was running up. Sure, the other could go ape on him and ignore him for the rest of his life, but at the same time he still wanted to take a chance.

 

And this was it.

 

“Alright, Jungkook, which part is confusing you?” Hoseok wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and began to stretch a little since he thought they’d still be dancing.

 

Oh how wrong he was.

 

“Uh…actually, hyung…I- uh…don’t really need help on the d-dancing.” Jungkook cursed himself for stuttering but he couldn’t help it; he was literally dying on the inside. Maybe he gave himself too much credit before. He couldn’t do this. He just wasn’t ready. His palms were getting clammy, heart rate increasing, and his stomach –he was about to blow chunks.

 

The elder stood up straight and looked at the younger, confusion evident in his face. “Well, if you didn’t need help, then why did you say-“

 

“I lied.” Jungkook had to cut him off, he just had to. If he didn’t say something now, then he knew he would never end up saying it. He took a deep breath and walked away from the dancer until his back hit the mirror. He slid down and sat comfortably, getting ready to talk. It was on the tip of his tongue. All he had to do was say three simple words. That’s it. No more or less. Okay Jungkook, it’s your time to shine. But as he opened his mouth, no words came out. They remained there on his tongue, unwilling to be said out loud. Closing his mouth, he took another breath and tried again but to no avail. His eyes began stinging as he felt tears forming. No, damn it, he was going to be a man about this. So he rubbed the tears away, looked up into Hoseok’s eyes, those eyes that he loved –loved? Yes, loved- so very much, and said in the tiniest voice, “I love you.”

 

And then suddenly, the atmosphere of the room changed drastically. Whether it was in a good way or bad way he really couldn’t tell.

 

The elder stared at him and blinked once.

 

Then twice.

 

And then a couple more times.

 

Then finally spoke, though he seemed uncertain. “I- uh, love you too, Jungkook-ah.”

 

Damn it.

 

“No hyung, not like that. I love you. Like… how a man loves a woman. I love you like how your parents love each other. I mean honestly, I love you a lot, hyung, but not in a brotherly way.”

“Jungkook-ah, I-“

 

 “Hyung, I know you might think it seems wrong because not only are we both guys, but we’re also three years apart. Not to mention we’re bandmates. But really, none of that matters to me. I thought about this very often because for the longest time, I thought it was wrong too. I thought that it would just be a phase, that the way I felt about you would pass and I’d fall in love with some girl who was my age. But then as my feelings for you grew, I realized that it wasn’t going to go away. I realized that I’ve never felt this way about anyone before and that maybe it was the start of something special. And so after that, I convinced myself that what I feel is right, not wrong. My feelings for you are genuine, hyung. And they’re sincere and I just couldn’t see how the love I feel towards you could be labeled as wrong in any way. It took a lot of courage for me to tell you this and I constantly fought with myself, wondering about the possible outcomes. But I decided that I’d rather take a chance with this than go for the rest of my life wondering what you would’ve said as a response. I’m sorry for dumping all of this on you right now, but please, it would mean a lot to me if you didn’t complete hate me after this.”  

 

Jungkook then looked to the ground and waited for something, a response, a hum, any kind of acknowledgment from the other. But there was only silence. Aside from the thunderous beating of his heart, he couldn’t hear anything. Had he not known the other was in there, he would’ve guessed that he was alone. He became so accustomed to the silence that the sound of Hoseok clearing his throat nearly gave him a heart attack. He looked up and into those beautiful eyes once more and found them filled with…tears?

 

“Hyung, why are you-“ But the elder held a finger up to silence him and walked slowly toward him. When he approached him, he sat down to be at eye-level with him and gave the other a small smile.

 

“That…was beautiful, Jungkook-ah. I would never in a million years think that you’d feel this way about me. Ever. And, I want to thank you for taking the chance of telling me this. I honestly appreciate it.” Jungkook could only watch as Hoseok continued. “You are so bright and loving and you’re honestly the person I enjoy being with the most. You bring out the little kid in me and I love that. You make me smile and laugh and have fun. You also get me annoyed and angry and frustrated, but overall, you give me a reason to be happy. I can’t imagine my life without you and so that’s why I wouldn’t be able to hate you in the slightest.”

 

They weren’t the words Jungkook was hoping to hear, but he was instantly relieved. He chewed on his lip though, biting back any words on his tongue because he seriously wanted the other to continue. He wanted to hear those words he often heard in his dreams. He wanted those words to be sincere and heartfelt and in a more than brotherly way. He wanted the other to love him too. He stared as Hoseok opened his mouth again.

 

“I…”

 

Jungkook felt his heart stop and his breathing quickened. Instinctively, he shut his eyes tight and waited for the other to continue.”

 

“I…I don’t how we can continue our friendship…”

 

The maknae felt tears forming again in his eyes.

 

“Hm, we can’t…how should we tell the others about us?”

 

Did. He. Just. ing. Say. That.

 

Jungkook’s eyes shot open and looked at his hyung with an incredulous expression. “Wait, what do you mean when you say ‘us’?”

 

 Hoseok brought his thumb up to the younger’s cheek, brushing away a tear that managed to escape and smiled gently. “I love you too, Jungkook. Like how a man loves a woman.”

 

The butterflies in Jungkook’s stomach were evident as he sat there gaping like a fish at the elder. “Really, hyung?”

 

“Why would I lie to you about that? Of course I do.”

 

“But you always spend more time with Taehyung and Jimin hyung than me…you’ve never shown me or given me any signs…”

 

“How could I be able to spend so much time with someone who makes me feel like jelly? I didn’t want to spend a lot of time with you because I thought I had no chance with you. Spending time with the others helped me forget about my feelings toward you.” Hoseok absentmindedly grabbed the other’s hand and lace their fingers together. He raised their intertwined hands up and gazed into the maknae’s glossy eyes. “But now I know they’re here to stay. So,” he cleared his throat and stood up, pulling Jungkook with him, “I’m going to do this properly.”

 

Jungkook stared at him. Do what…? His eyes widened when he saw the other get on one knee and grab his hand.

 

“Hyung! Wha-!”

 

“Shhhh, Jungkook-ah, it’s rude to interrupt. Now, where was I…Ah! Okay.” He cleared his throat again and looked directly at the other whilst saying, “Jeon Jungkook, you have been on my mind nonstop for a couple of years now and it has come to the point where we should move on to the next step of our relationship. I happen to love you very much and I’m proud to say that I wouldn’t mind if I solely belonged to you. So, with that being said, would you be my first, official, and only boyfriend?”

 

Jungkook literally facepalmed. Maybe a little too hard because his forehead was kind of stinging afterward. But even though he was thoroughly embarrassed at the elder’s actions, his cheeks were still scarlet red because God damn it that was so cute.

 

“Oh God, is this what I’m going to deal with if I say yes?” Hoseok smiled brightly and nodded his head. “Man, then I guess I have to say yes.” He jokingly shook as head at the other as he stood up, ready to embrace him, but Jungkook stopped him. “Oh! But on one condition.”

 

“Anything for you, baby.”

 

.

 

The younger’s cheeks heated up as he tried to contain his smile. Pet names would definitely have to be his weakness.

 

“You can’t be all touchy-touchy with the other member anymore. Especially with Taehyung and Jimin hyung. Not cool.”

 

“Why not? Does it make you jealous?” The elder raised his eyebrows expectantly at him and chuckled as the other looked away in response. “Alright, if that’s what you want. But the same goes for you. You have to only look at me, no one else. That means you have to resist Jin hyung’s touches. And stop spending so much time with Namjoon. It’s really annoying. All my attention goes to you and all your attention goes to me, fair?” The younger nodded.

 

Jungkook held out his hand and said, “Let’s shake on it,” but Hoseok pushed it down and wrapped his arm around the other, pulling him closer.

 

“Why don’t we kiss on it?”

 

Jungkook pushed him away, “Hyung, I’m still a .”

 

“Not for very long~”

 

“Gross.”

 

“You’ll learn to love it. Maybe even beg for it”

 

“Please stop.”

 

“That’s not what you’ll be saying later on.”

 

“Oh my God. I can’t believe I said yes.”

 

“You love me~”

 

A shy smile slowly formed on the maknae’s face as he looked at the dancer. “Yeah, I really do.” Hoseok grabbed his hand and kissed the top of it, all the while maintaining eye contact with his new boyfriend. “Good. That means we’re going to have to reenact this whole entire scene back at the dorm for the others. They’re gonna love it, I can already tell.”

 

Jungkook scrunched up his nose at the thought. That seemed a little excessive. “Do we really have to? We can just tell them.”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Yeah, we could just tell them, but then it wouldn’t be as interesting.”

 

“Only you would find this interesting.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Suddenly the practice room door burst open and Jimin emerged, gave the two a knowing look and said, “Jin-hyung said lunch is ready. Oh and he said sorry for not texting you when I got home. He forgot.”

 

Hoseok turned to look at the dancer and flashed him a dazzling smile. “Thanks, Jiminnie.”

 

Jungkook glared at the back of his boyfriend’s head and smacked him on the arm. When the other looked at him for an explanation, the younger simply replied, “What did I just say, hyung?”

 

The elder was confused. “About what?”

 

“Oh my- keep your eyes on me. Nobody else. Just me.”

 

“All the time?”

 

“All the time.”

 

“24/7?”

 

“24/7, babe.”

 

Hoseok thought about it for a minute before turning back to Jimin. “Hey, what do you think about lunch and some entertainment? Jungkook and I have a little play we want to show you guys.”

 

“Oh my God. Babe, nobody would be interested in it but you and you’re the one performing it.”

 

“So is that a yes?”

 

“Let’s go. And stop looking at Jimin-hyung!”     

 


(⊙‿⊙)

WHAT DID I JUST WRITE.

OMG YOU GUYS ASKED FOR IT. I'M SO SORRY IDUNEVEN- SORRY.