Freeze!

From the Beginning

 

“You go first.”

“Hell no! You go first—you’re the one who came up with this stupid idea.”

Jiho huffed and pouted as he pulled his hood even tighter around his face, careful to not let Kyung get any hints to what was underneath. There was no way in hell he was going to be the first one to show off his new hairstyle, especially to Kyung. The had already nearly collapsed in laughter when he saw the leader’s uniquely-shaved eyebrows; as if he was going to jump at the chance to show him the rest of his new look.

The hood had concealed his hair the second Jiho stepped out of the hair salon, staying there until the leader managed to get back to the apartment and lock himself inside the bathroom. Only then did he finally allow himself to fully inspect his new look, and he had no idea how to feel about the whole thing. Under the direction of the studio, the stylist noonas had shaved all the sides of his head save for his pre-debut long bangs, which they curled and teased like crazy. Following that, they also shaved his thick eyebrows in half, creating a barely-noticeable line that Jiho believed made him look less like a fashionable rapper and more like a scar victim.

Absently running his fingers over the weird texture of eyebrow-skin-eyebrow, Jiho frowned.

Honestly, he thinks the women misunderstood him when he jokingly said that he wanted to look like G-Dragon.

Kyung rolled his eyes at his friend’s childish attitude and tapped the top of his beloved black hat. “C’mon, man. Stop being a prissy and just show me your hair and then you get to see mine. Not that big of a deal.”

Jiho shifted in his position on the bathroom counter and looked away from familiar wide eyes. Although he did want to see what the noonas did to Kyung’s hair, he wasn’t that curious if it meant unveiling his own. Silently, he put all of his concentration on picking at a loose thread in his shirt, still clutching on the ends of his hood with his other hand.

“Are you serious? You’re impossible—fine!” Kyung released a long dramatic sigh and stepped forward. Taking hold of the fabric, he ripped the hood out of a surprised Jiho’s hands and pulled the entire thing down at the same time he tore his cap off his own head, revealing his own recently-cut hair. With a shout, the leader’s hands flew to his head to try to hide his hair, but Kyung quickly gripped onto his wrists and forced them back to the counter. There was a beat of silence as both men finally inspected each other’s new look.

“Oh my god.”

Jiho was the first to laugh; his mouth opening wide to let out a wheezing bark of laughter as he fell against the other rapper in a fit of giggles. Kyung quickly followed, tears forming in his eyes as he outright cackled at the leader’s bizarre new style to the point where he soon had to clutch onto his friend’s waist to keep himself from falling over. This only made them laugh harder and louder, already too far gone to stop now as the joyful sounds bounced off the bathroom tiles, echoing in the tiny room.  

“What the hell were they thinking with you?!” Kyung gasped as he reached up to finger a loose curl, winding the light brown strands around his finger. In response, Jiho hiccupped out a chuckle as he rubbed the shaved side of Kyung’s head.

“Me? What about you?! You look ridiculous!”

“Yeah? At least they didn’t touch my face. It looks like you have four eyebrows!”

 “Well that shaved part makes it look like you’re wearing a wig!”

There was a pause before both men immediately fell into another fit of giggles. The new looks were a far cry from their pre-debut hairstyles. In other words, familiar looks that meant cheap music recording technology and sparsely-filled audiences for their shows. But things were changing. From the record deal to the surprisingly very-anticipated and quickly-approaching debut date and now their own looks; there was really nothing else to do but laugh at the extreme change.

The laughter soon subsided to only an occasional snort, and Kyung went back to playing with the leader’s hair. Using one hand to slide his palm against the fuzzy stubble, his other hand continuously weaved through the messy strands, unintentionally loosening the curls. Jiho’s own hands refused to stay still as his nails gently raked along the small shaved section while the other massaged small circles into the back of Kyung’s neck. Humming, the other rapper leaned into the touch as a smile slowly formed on his lips.

“I guess this is really happening, huh?”

His smile stretched even wider when Jiho’s mouth mirrored his own and his hands moved to cup his face. Leaning forward, Jiho placed a tentative kiss on Kyung’s lips before pulling back, hesitant. However, the grin returned to his face ten-fold when Kyung’s only response was to close the distance between them and capture his lips in another, longer kiss.

“Yeah, I guess it is.”

 

 


And here it is! These will probably be pretty short and updated only when I can finish the next era. But I hope you guys will like them! c:

Comment if there's a specific era or hairstyle that you would like to see me write about and I'll see if I can add it in!!