Love In The Ice

Find Me At The Horizon

·FOR IT WAS NOT MY EAR YOU WHISPERED, BUT MY HEART

IT WAS NOT MY LIPS YOU KISSED, BUT MY SOUL
 

Judy Garland

ReeMin got into the train at the Incheon station. It was a cold November morning, and she was freezing. She could see the sun rise up in the sky while the smoothly snowed landscape framed a perfect photography. It was one of the most beautiful things that you could see in Seoul and ReeMin knew it. She kept looking at the window for the hour trip, asking herself if there was a real reason to be alive. She stopped asking people about it, since their answer always was "Love". For she, love was just a problem and she hated problems. Her parents, the only ones that could make her truly smile passed away more than four years ago. Maybe that was the reason she hated them. Because they left her in loneliness. Even when in the deepest part of her heart she could feel the pain of being unloved, she kept saying the same to herself "Love is not one of my needs. I just need food, water and shelter, and I have the three of them." And as the time passed by, her warm heart turned into a cold and icy one. No friends, no family. She lived her routine live alone.

When she finally got out of the train and walked towards her job at a photography studio, she bumped into someone. "I'm sorry" they both said and walked away, not even looking at the others eyes. She worked until the four o'clock organizing her photos. Most of the photographers love to take pictures of people. Maybe they even get to be famous. As for ReeMin, she just takes photos of scenery and moments. Maybe, in the deep of her cold heart, she can feel the feelings. She ended up looking at the last photography she took -the one in the train-  it reminded her of the time she lived in London, when she was younger and still a warm person. She could smell the coffee of the shop next to her house. She could feel the warm of being loved and the peace that it gave her. But later, all of those beautiful memories, turned themselves into bittersweet ones, just like the coffee she drank. She knew those moments where never going to come back. 

As she walked the way to her house, she could smell something familiar, and saw a coffee shop. Hesitantly, she walked towards the warmed place, and asked for her favorite coffee: Cappuccino with cream and sugar. It was probably the sweetest thing that her live had, and the poker-faced girl restrained the smile that was forming on her cherry lips. She looked everywhere in the store. It gave her the same feeling that she had back in her beloved London. As she saw that every single table was occupied she sighed and looked for the most peaceful one, passing in front of groups of friends and couples enjoying their day. At that moment she felt a bit of jealousy of their happiness, the same one she missed.

Finally she found a table in which a young man was sitting "Excuse me... Can I take this sit? There is no place left to sit" She said to the young man. At that moment, ShinWoo looked at her, waiting for a squeal, a blush or a wink. None of them happened. She just stared at him, waiting for an answer. "Yes." He answered in his same cold attitude and proceed to look at the window. It was still snowing heavily and the weather was getting colder. Just as his heart. He looked at the girl and saw her taking a photo of the outside view. "What is your name?" ShinWoo asked to the black haired girl in front of him. "I'm ReeMin. And you?" She looked at him with her big orbs opened slightly more than usual. Most of the people just ignore her, but this guy just started a conversation with her, not even trying to flirt. "I'm ShinWoo. It's a beautiful scene, don't you think so?" Shinwoo said "Yes, it is." she smiled a little bit and then came back to her expressionless face and so did ShinWoo.

They continued with this weird mode of conversation. One question, one answer. Even if it looks like a little bit, for these two persons, it was the biggest conversation they had in years. Eventually, they discovered the things they had in common. ReeMin looked at her clock which signaled the seven forty-five, She has been talking with ShinWoo for almost four hours, but she didn't felt bored nor unhappy about it. A few moments later, ShinWoo got up and offered a hand to ReeMin saying "It's already late and this place is going to close sooner or later, how about we go somewhere else?" She would have rejected him if he was another man, but ShinWoo didn't looked like someone who can make damage to anyone. He just looked to the eyes of the cold-hearted girl, as she felt. Lonely, and searching for a reason of being in this world. Maybe, these two cold persons, just needed company.

"Tell me, ReeMin. Do you believe in love at first sigh?" ShinWoo was sitting nest to a pretty girl in a bench of a snowed park. She had her eyes closed, feeling the fresh wind that the night brings. "I didn't" She said opening them and looking at him "Do you?" she asked back to him. "I didn't too." He said answering to her question and staring back at those sparking eyes. A smile slowly apeared in the faces of the two cold persons, which were no longer cold. "But I do now" she ended the sentence for both of them.

And at that very moment, ReeMin wished to the moon, the stars and the sky, to keep this moment as a secret. The moment two ice-cold hearts turned into a warm ones and the love grew in the ice.

***

"Eomma! How do you know ReeMin's secret?" The 5 years old girl named YangMi asked confused. "Because I...." "Because she is magic, now go to sleep YangMi, tomorrow is going to be your birthday and you don't want to be sleepy, do you?" The little girl smiled remembering the next day "No I don't want to~" She said while running to her bed.

"When are you going to tell her the truth about the story. my love ReeMin?" The man said and saw the woman smiling "When you tell her that I'm not really magic." he kissed her lips slowly "But you ARE magic... you turned two cold hearts into a beautiful girl."

 

THE END