Business or Pleasure?

It's Just a Job

 

 

 

“A-are you ready to do this?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t really have a choice right?”

“Sorry… but I’ll be taking your first kiss now.”

“Likewise..”

 

 

You were fumbling with your script backstage as you wait for the director to finally call you out. You were very nervous, fingers trembling and stomach gutting as you try to steady your breathing. You’re not even sure why you’re like this because you were fine the other day. Your agency sent you an acting job, so what? But today, you found out that your acting job now had an added scene. A kiss.

Sure you’ve done a bunch of modeling and acting jobs before, but never did it involve kissing or any intimate contact what so ever. You try to wipe your sweat properly, not wanting to mess up the make up artist’s masterpiece. You try to regulate your breathing manually, blowing out and in air, so that your poor quaking heart would calm itself down.

Kissing was supposed to be no big deal in the society now, but you were old fashioned. You want a kiss to be special, not done out of careless action or self-wanting. Also, you’ve never actually had your first kiss so to say that you’re so cautious about it, is an understatement.

 

“But this is a job..” You keep convincing yourself. You’ve always been excellent at your job, always performing at your best and always being on point. And today is just a job, you say. But your mind keeps saying no. Your morals keep saying no. It was even made harder when you found out who your partner is. Having just entered the room to properly introduce himself.

 

“Y-you’re Yeonhee, right?”

 

The man voice was smooth like melted chocolate. He was a obviously nervous as he entered, looking down on the floor constantly, scratching the back of his head as he walked towards you. But of course, you couldn’t blame him. You feel the same mush and shyness as the man probably does. He let’s out his hand to introduce himself, although you need not of any introduction, you know his name in the back of your mind. That face that doesn’t make it easy to forget, his chocolate brown hair, his cute cheeks, his button nose, his piercing mahogany eyes, his irresistible lips… Yoo Youngjae. B.A.P’s Yoo Youngjae.

 

“Yoo Youngjae, nice to meet you.”

 

Your heart jumps as he shook your hands, his hands are smooth and his fingers are long and slender. His firm grip on your hand felt like it belongs there, you wouldn’t want to let it go but you had to be professional.

 

“Song Yeonhee” You gave out a quick nod. Good thing you have a good poker face going on because what you feel inside it the complete opposite of your facial disinterest.

“A-ah.. so the scene.” His chocolate voice hinted with a shaky quiver. You weren’t so confident about yourself now, not sure if he’s nervous because he doesn’t like you or he’s nervous because of that scene. Your mind filled you with such thoughts but then he shattered it by another dose of his devilishly sweet voice. “Kiss… I never kissed anyone before.” He continued as he whispered lowly under his breath.

You laughed at the back of your mind because you remember watching one of the group’s variety shows; where Youngjae had fussed so much about his “precious untainted lips’. You gave him a soft smile followed by a chuckle, looking at him in the eye as you spoke to him too.

“W-well, Youngjae-ssi.. You’re not alone. Welcome to the club.”

 

That automatically changed the boy’s nervousness to familiarity. You both warmed up to one another almost instantly, being both newbie’s to this thing. He gives you a cheeky smile and he initiated another conversation.

 

“Ah, so..the scene is? And please, call me Jae!” He smiled as he tilted his head. His body is moving closer to you as he tries to read the script your holding.

You felt his arm touch yours, and you were surprised; it’s not at squishy as you thought it would be. The idol actually has biceps. His face draws nearer to yours as you both look at the script, you observe the boy’s cheeks, and isn’t as squishy as it is on photos, his face is chiseled and you don’t even know why it doesn’t appear on photos. Yoo Youngjae looked like perfection in person. And the way he’s so near you right now tears up your insides per millisecond.

You finally get a hold of yourself as you explain to him, as emotionally uninvolved as you can, the scene that you guys are about to do.

 

“Hmm, basically, it’s just a simple kiss? You call me out and pull me closer to you then we basically just look at each other before we kiss?” You explained the scene so blankly like it doesn’t even faze you, when in fact you just said it that way so you can keep your sanity and your dignity in tact.

“Wa, Yeonhee-ssi, you seem cool about this…” He turned to face you; his eyes were boring holes to your soul as he stares directly at yours with wonder.

“I-it’s not that.. I’m just trying to be professional.” Your façade finally broke when his face was inches away from yours; you looked away to the other side and swallowed the lump that hindered your ability to talk clearly but you were surprised as warm strong hands took yours softly and held it tight. You almost let out a gasping cough only to be saved by his sweet husky voice.

“Yeonhee-ssi. Don’t worry, let’s do this together, ok?”

 

His voice rang on your head like wedding bells, his warm hands, his pulse; you could feel it against your bare skin. You are so sure right now that you’re career would be tainted. Your perfect performance, none of it matters. Because in front of you is a boy, no, a man, an idol.. Who could totally ruin you.

 

“Ah.. yes. Why, are you scared?” You’re twisted, seriously. To even let out a taunting joke at that moment, something’s not right with you. Your inner being is slapping you and telling you to calm yourself. But this isn’t funny, because you’re body is protesting against your better judgment.

“Haha, ah, It is my first kiss after all. Ahh, what to do? But today, I’ll just do my best? I apologize in the future for my lack.”

The boy’s charm is to no end. His honesty really sets him apart, that even the taunting in you subsides, bringing you back to the feeling of being a nervous wreck.

“No! Ah, sorry too.”

“Haha, let’s do well?”

“Ah, yes.”

 

------

 

It didn’t take long before the director both called you out. You were standing there at the set, watching the other member’s be filmed in the various places of the area. The make up artist gives you a final retouch, adding another layer of that peach lipstick and pink blush. The stylist straightened out the tight navy blue dress you were wearing. You really felt shy wearing something like this out, but you know it would change once you’re on camera so you just try to grab a hold of yourself now.

You watch idly around the room, you lay eyes at the perfect brunette once more. It was his time to be filmed for his solo before you start filming your scene. He looked like a different person in front of the camera, his eyes smoldering, oozing with an instinctive gaze, like that of a lion waiting to catch his prey. His lips moved smoothly, you bit your lip instantly as the boy bit his too, followed by a fast swipe by his tongue to soothe his dry lip. You look away and swallowed at the sight of his seductive lips.

You do know that soon, the view of his lips would be much closer to yours. And you just pray to the heavens that He keeps you whole after everything’s done.

 He finished his take after a few minutes. You were watching him walk to the director, and then you saw him smirk when he saw you at the corner of his eye.

You tensed up at his actions, you start to question the boy’s actual intentions; did he really just smirk? Your mind is sending mixed signals; your limbs are feeling weak, feeling faint. Right now, you want to disappear and pass out. You were going to lose your first kiss in a few minutes, and you don’t know if you can separate business from pleasure once his lips touches yours.

As you were about ready to drown in your mind, the stylist pulls you out of it, telling you to go to the set immediately. The director tells you the direction he’s going for with the kiss, and as your job, you’re required to deliver at your best, of course.

 

“Song-sii, yes?”

“Yes, Director Kim?”

“In this scene, you will finally be found by Youngjae. I want to let you two to play with it. I just want raw emotion, desperate, sweet, longing, yet not forceful. Just, feel it. I already briefed Youngjae so don’t worry. We’ll take care of you Yeonhee-ssi.”

“R-right.”

 

The director walked back to his camera and you stood their awkwardly waiting for the director to start filming. And there in front of you was an all suited Yoo Youngjae, approaching your direction as you both prepare to film. Your mind goes berserk and despite your blank face, you know a small touch could combust your body into a gargantuan explosion.

 

I’m so dead…. Seriously. This is too much, Desperate yet not forceful?! I’ve never had heartbreaks before, and now… what. I should’ve watched chick flicks before coming here. Why wasn’t I even briefed.?. And there he comes, why is he so hot? All groomed to perfection. Wait.. why is there ‘blood’ dripping down his cheek and his eyebrow.. and his lips. I.. can’t. I’m a er for this. Why do I eve-

 

“Yeonhee-ssi, you look pretty.” He smiled such a sweet smile as he looked at you from head to toe.

“You look pretty too.” You stuck your tongue out trying to make light of the situation

“Haha, ahh, my heart is racing..” he holds his hand up to his chest and bites his lip. He’s really like a kid, a y kid that would get you into jail. You sigh at your malicious thoughts and you just gave back a smile.

“Me too, Youngjae. Me too.” You gave out a “calmed” smile and a stable tone; even surprising the younger as he gazed at your dark brown eyes.

“You don’t seem like it.. haha.”

“It’s just a job, you know?”

“Right.”

“OKAY YOU TWO, READY?” The director’s loud voice echoed in the room as the two of you gave a nod. And with that, the director plays the music and your filming starts.

He leans closer to you but before he does anything else he asks you a question.

“A-are you ready to do this?”

 

His voiced changed from hot chocolate to y molten lava in a second. He didn’t seem like the same nervous boy who stood before you seconds ago. Of course you didn’t want to break your cool façade so you reply as calmly as you could.

 

“I don’t know, but I don’t have a choice right?”

“Sorry… but I’ll be taking your first kiss now.” He was full of command; his husky voice rang through your head and it gave chills down your spine. Right at this very moment this boy knew what game he’s playing and he’s not going to play it like a boy.

“Likewise..” You could only mutter choked words as he leaned close to you

 

He holds your waist firmly and plants a soft kiss on top of your lips; you try your best to act out what the director had said, closing your eyes and wrapping your arms around his neck. It was soft, and sweet, and fiery. Your heart raced faster and faster as the kiss lingers for a few seconds, he moves once more and bites your lower lip you could hear his breathing and your limbs just bucked. Your insides are exploding from this new unfamiliar feeling. It felt too good too fast that you felt your body give up on humanity but when you were about to fall, you felt his arms support your body, pushing you closer to the wall as he stopped to disconnect both your lips to let out some air. He was about to go in once more when the director shouted ‘cut’.

Your flustered and reddened face couldn’t be covered by any make up. You were red, and you were out of breath and you try to fake it. Before Youngjae completely pulled back, he looked at you in the eye and whispered a taunt that only you could hear.

 

“Is it just a job now, Song Yeonhee?”

 

He turns away to have his make up fixed. You too, had to go back to the make up station to fix your smeared lipstick. You thought that this was the end of the kiss takes. The rest would probably be easily done. You sigh in relief when you have gotten past it, even if the boy’s hot voice taunted you, getting more curious about what goes on behind his actions, his movements, his questions. Is it really just a job now? Is it just a job.. for him?

You go out to set once more, ready to film another scene. You stood there still, expectantly waiting for the director to call you out, but then your heart jumped when you heard a familiar lava heat you up.

 

“Song-ssi, ready for the next?

Confused and pissed. That’s what you feel; this boy is now as bubbly and sweet as the boy in the dressing room earlier. No hint of seduction, or sensuality, what so ever. You were so confused because the man who kissed you is definitely not this boy talking to you.

 

“Next? Yeah..I guess?” You answered back with your same calm tone, not wanting to lose the battle to this assumingly schizophrenic idol.

“Great! Ahaha, I’m sorry if my kiss was lacking.”

“It’s ok, don’t worry. It’s just a job!” You repeated the words once more, trying to convince yourself, and trying to remind that schizophrenic idol.

The director comes near you and tells you the scene.

“Guys, we have to film the kiss again. We got the raw emotion, yes, but we need more options for it. Give me something different this time.”

 

With that he turned around and you couldn’t even hide the shock on your face, to which you heard the idol laugh to. With a few adjustments of the lights, the director starts filming again, and this time, you had conditioned your mind to a pep talk.

Get a hold of yourself, no matter what happens, be professional. It’s just a job. No pleasure. At least now, you know what a kiss feels. Breathe, breathe, breathe-

You were not ready at all for what was coming next, he pins you down against the wall; arms against the side of your head. He leaned in closer, but he looked at you with a smoldering gaze, as if of that of a lion, he bit his lip and whispered words to your ear before he proceeded to attack his prey.

 

“I’ll make it so that it wouldn’t feel like it’s just a job for you..”

 

Before you could even react, he goes for your lips; moving slowly to feel your soft lips. He tilts his head to go for a better angle, you wouldn’t even want to move but you remember; you have to act. You answer back to his lips as you put your hands against his chest, grabbing on the collar lightly so he could be nearer you. You could hear catcalls from the side from the other members watching, but you couldn’t care less. You were acting, and you wouldn’t want to lose to this tease of a man who’s on your upper lip lightly.

It was getting too heated but no one was shouting any ‘CUT’ so the two of you just went on. His hands moved behind your neck as your nails dug on his hair. The sound of lips touching and heavy breathing clouded all your hearing. You’re getting better at this and this time this brunette isn’t bothering you as much anymore. You both stop for much need air but he shifts your side and starts kissing your cheek, you close your eyes and you continue your act, wrapping your arms around his neck as he explored your cheeks. You were so concentrated, you were in the zen but the idol just had to break that when he whispered breathy hot words on your ear.

 

“You’re doing your job too well, I like it very much.”

 

He kept kissing you, lip tearing, moving to your ear and giving fast and lazy kisses; making a lot of teasing sounds. He once again, broke your focus. You were just praying for the director to shout ‘cut’. You want to just screw up right now but your pride doesn’t let you. Instead, you moved your head away from his taunting lips and you rested your forehead against his shoulders. It was your time to whisper back, wanting to kill that confidence of his.

 

“Oh, It’s my job, after all Youngjae. If it feels too good for you, tell me when it’s too much, kid.”

 

You were definitely crazy and twisted; you know you’re not okay, not even close to it. Sanity has definitely left your soul because you know you’re driving yourself to suicide when you had guts to dare this animal that would kill you flat out if you let it.

You felt his hand lift your chin away from his shoulders; his eyes weren’t sweet this time, not even smoldering. His eyes were in for the kill. He was ready, and the hairs at the back of your neck rose as he rammed his lips against yours, causing your eyes to widen. You couldn’t break free anymore because you were locked in, his free hand wrapped tightly around your waist; your arms set in that it couldn’t help much either. You tried to stop and breathe but he just captured your lips back again, the soft pink of his lips, now red from all the action. Your lips already rid of all the lipstick. The kisses were messier this time; you were giving back to him fully, not even sure about the nature of it; business or pleasure? And you think about Youngjae, why is he doing this? Your knees were about to give in, the heightened senses were too much for a first time kiss, you were so ready to fall when a certain director finally calls the much-needed word out.

 

“CUT!”

 

You both automatically pull out. You lean against the wall and you use it to support yourself, catching your breathe from that very pleasurably agonizing experience.

Youngjae holds onto his knees and smiles cheekily back at you. Just like that kid back on the dressing room. Internally, you roll your eyes at the sight of boy because now you’re totally sure; if he’s not schizophrenic, he’s bipolar.

You gave him a slight glare so nobody would notice. Before you could look away, he gives you back his smoldering gaze, followed by a wink. He then stands up and offers you his hand.

 

“Need help, Yeonhee-ssi? Sorry about that!”

 

Here he goes again…

 

“Ah, thank you, Jae-ssi.” You take his hand as he helped you walk back to the dressing room. You hear side comments from the members, teasing Youngjae about the hot and steamy scene you both just filmed. But before you got back, the director had called the scene done, so you sighed in relief as the battle has already been won.

You walk in the dressing room and he closed the door behind you, his cheeky happy smile gone and once again replaced with that taunting smirk and teasing eyes as he walked step by step closer to you then ramming his arms against the wall, holding you into place as he moved his face closer to yours, then staring you down with eyes full of intention.

“I hope you don’t forget this job, Yeonhee. I had a good first kiss. There could be a second too, and it doesn’t have to be a job.”

He places a peck on your forehead and gives back his innocent smile once more. He took the liberty of saving his number on your phone. And with that, he exits the room.

You were so dumbfounded with the whole situation; the idol that frustrates you, the kiss scene, your first kiss, that idol, that Yoo Youngjae. You weren’t even so sure all that just happened in less than 2 hours, but you sigh in relief because it’s finally over. You check your phone and his number just went up, he sent you a text.

You shook your head as you saw the name he used to save his number on your phone.

My First Kiss

An accompanying picture of you two all red and hot in lip locking followed from your phone and your mouth hangs in shock as he quickly sends in another message..

 

 

"Went a little like this.;)"

 

 

------------

 

THAT EFFIN TEASE. I rest my case. Boom. Pregnant.

So I enjoyed this a little too much... (Perks of being an Author-nim)

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do. He deserves more love and if I can give all that, I will.

Hahaha.

Please do leave comments, and spread the love for the fic if you like it. ^_^ I really appreciate your time!!:)

Dani<3<3

ps: to sequel or not?