Final

Surviving Miss Perfect

“Park Yunho can you NOT be sent to my office every now and then?” Mr Lee Jaewon, Seoul National University’s principal, yelled as he tried to resist the urge to throw any object at the number one troublemaker, Park Yunho, “And what is this that I heard about you, molesting Seohyun?”

 

“Gee, calm down,” Yunho said as he gestured his hands to remind Mr Lee to calm down, “and besides, I only wanted to have a girlfriend. Plus, I wasn’t molesting her. I was only holding her hand while asking her out.” Yunho tried to explain that he is really in need of a girl and only describes it as an asset of his. Besides, he already has his honour in class, a perfect family, and a nice school. Now he only needs a girl to hang out with and share his love with.

 

“Whatever Mr Park, just go back to your dorm room and I’ll see you again tomorrow, whether in my office or just around campus,” Mr Lee said, a little calmed down now, “but please, for heaven’s sake, stay out of trouble.” Yunho saluted Mr Lee and went out of the principal’s office feeling cool and all like nothing happened. Park Yunho was really just an average guy to begin with. His grades were all what you expect from a student in a prestigious university. Well, that all changed a few days ago when he realized that everybody in the school were having their own lovers. He got so jealous that that jealousy of his, turned into despair. He’ll now do anything – and I mean ANYTHING – just to get a girl.

₰₰₰

“So what did Mr I’m-not-dating-secretary yelled to you this time?” Kim Yonghwa, Yunho’s roommate and his best pal, asked him as he was fixing his brownish hair, styling it with some wax.” Oh nothing. Just usual stuff he always says.” Yunho said as he put down his phone and as soon he saw Yonghwa all wearing polo shirts and stuff, his eyes widened, “Are you out on a date again?!” Yunho exclaimed as he remembered that this was the fourth time this week. Yonghwa gave him an assuring nod and went out of the door. “Guess I’ll be on my way then. I apologize but Jessica’s one heck of a girl, if you know what I mean.” Yonghwa gave a playful wink, said goodbye, and shut the door.

 

Yunho and Yonghwa were childhood friends since they met during Elementary days. They did everything together from studying – well not all the time – to pranking. But due to Yonghwa’s high popularity, he got his girl early and much to Yunho’s dismay, Yonghwa started to pay more attention to Jessica than his best pal. Yunho slumped himself on his bed and tried to sleep and get ready for tomorrow’s day all alone with total woebegoness written all over him.

₰₰₰

Yunho woke up the next morning by the ray of light shone from the window a few feet away. He glanced at the other side of the room only to find that he was all alone during the night he slept. Guess he slept with Jessica Yunho thought. He got up the comfy bed he was lying on and started his everyday routine. He went to the corner of the room where a small refrigerator was located and got himself some eggs and bacons. He fired up the stove; poured some oil, and waited for the oil to heaten up a bit before he started to put the eggs and bacons all together on the pan.

 

He was only making these for himself, due to the fact that Jessica’s a good cook in which she’ll probably feed Yonghwa while he’s there. He could now smell the scrumptious aroma of the eggs and bacons that made him want to just devour them right away. He turned off the stove and shoved his meal on the plate he was holding with his left hand and walked to the small circular table and started eating hid delightful meal. After he finished his meal, he went to the bathroom adjacent to his roommate’s bed and took a shower. It only took him approximately 10 minutes to shower and 3 more minutes to dress up. He got his stuff and glanced at the wall clock. Still early he thought as he saw that it was only 7:30AM and class doesn’t start until 8:00AM and after that he fled out of the room emotionless

₰₰₰

“Hey oppa, how are you?” a sweet and tender loving voice rang in Yunho’s ears which he turned to see that the school’s goddess and also his former classmate in Grade 6 came to check up on him, Im Yoona. During their Grade 6 year Yunho had – or still has – a crush on Yoona because of her kindness and beauty. But behind those sweet lips was an Im Yoona that Yunho has yet to discover. Yunho just gave Yoona a sweet smile that said “I’m fine, thank you.” Yoona seem to get the message as she turned to smile at Yunho. Together they walked to class because of during the 1st and 2nd period they would be sitting together listening to their teachers’ abrasive lecturing about this and that.

 

Once the 2nd period was over, Yoona went to Yunho. “Oppa! Let’s have recess together please?” Yoona asked with a persuasive tone, doing her Bbuing Bbuing which made Yunho’s mood lighten up. “Sure, Yoona, we can have recess together.” Yoona responded with a smile. “Oppa, Yuri will be with us, is that okay?” Yoona asked. Yunho answered her nodding while smiling with joy. They walked together hand-in-hand due to Yoona’s clingy side that Yunho had just discovered. She was clinging on to arms and later on they have been receiving unsteady stares from people around campus, from the students to faculty members and administrators.

 

They arrived at the cafeteria still with the clingy Yoona by his side. Everyone still had their strong gazes upon them despite that lovers are already normal, including Public Display of Affection. Yoona got their seats wherein Yuri was already there in front of her laptop, typing with amazing speed. “Even though I’m the girl, I’ll be the one to treat you oppa.” Yoona said excitingly as she pushed down Yunho’s his shoulders allowing him to be seated in front of Yuri, “just stay here and have small chats with Yuri, okay?” Yoona then left the dup together at the table.

 

“Are you wondering why people were staring at both of with their intense gazes?” Yuri asked with a mixture of concern and sedate expression on her face. “Why?” Yunho asked, “Is it because the school troublemaker is dating the school’s goddess?” Yuri’s eyebrows motioned an “Exactly, school bow” that Yunho was able to get. “But not only that, Yunho,” Yuri added, “this is Yoona we’re talking about, the school’s goddess. You know she’s hard-to-get and the boys are having trouble asking her out. And, you, of all people she’d be dating with, she’s dating you.” Yuri sounded serious, but not as serious as if she was defaming Yunho.” Okay I get it. So all those stared were all jealousy, how about the gazed of the girls?” Yunho said. “Remember, you’re the troublemaker here and girls would think badly on both of you. First, because Yoona’s dating a gangster, and YOU are dating the goddess, make sense?” Yuri clarified. Finally, Yoona came with a tray full of dietary and non-fat foods. “Hello guys, come one let’s eat.” As they were eating Yunho asked Yoona to, officially, be his girlfriend. Yoona was so happy that she said “Yes” immediately and they continued eating. As Yoona was drinking a smirk formed on her face.

 

So two weeks have already passed since Yoona and Yunho’s official dating marathon, people were still staring at them but they didn’t care. Yonghwa was actually proud of his pal and whenever available, they would have double dates in museums or in amusement parks. Another three weeks have passed and people were still going at it, but the quantity lessened quite a bit. They still went out for double dates in such venues and they were very happy. But that changed after a week. Yunho and were Yoona were shopping in town far away from school. Yoona picked ALMOST everything she saw and demanded Yunho to purchase them.”Yeobo, aren’t you getting a little carried away?” Yunho asked as he counted what was left in poor wallet, “I mean, look at how many shopping bags we now have.” Yoona heard what he said and glared at Yunho. “To think that YOU asked ME out to be your girlfriend and you just back away at things I want to do or what I want?!” She half yelled at Yunho in the store also telling that Yunho should just do what she wants, and then she turned to her heels to go back to school.

 

Yunho couldn’t really bear Yoona’s entire bossy attitude. She wanted to buy everything she sees in stored that they would pass. She also demanded Yunho to go to her dorm room to fix it by makeover or adding more decorations even doing house shores like laundry. Because of Yoona’s parent, she was asked to be in single dorm room. He doesn’t really know what to do so he texted Yonghwa, “should I break up with her?  I can’t stand it.” Yonghwa called instead if replying back. “Isn’t better if the two talked about it first?” Yunho was going to answer him but someone pulled him out, letting him hang up.

 

What in the world should he do when can’t even talk to Yoona properly?

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was on the phone speaking to someone while her eyes are ready to flood with tears. “I’m trying to do... My best… But I really can’t stop.” She said in between weeps, “Okay, I’ll just try harder.” She was already wiping out her tears and calming down. She hung up with the caller and thought of something. She scrolled through her contacts and texted Yunho, “Yeobo, let’s hang out in town.” Then she went out of her room with a smirk on her face.

₰₰₰

“DAMN!” Yunho yelled as he kicked open his and Yonghwa’s dorm door flabbergasting a studying Yongwa and immediately trying to calm down the infuriated Yunho. “Calm down for a while. What’d she do this time?” Yonghwa asked as he led Yunho to the edge of the bed so they could talk. Yunho willingly talked about what happened to their horrible date – well in Yunho’s part – in different places. Almost all of what Yunho has saved had been drained by Yoona’s shopping fever. Not only that, there was also another room makeover session wherein this time, it wasn’t only moving of the furniture , but he had to do serious makeovers such as painting, instalment of shelves for books, and Yoona even asked him to fix the shower heater – good thing Yunho happened to have the knowledge about it. After telling the story, Yunho said that he is going to see Yuri for some help. Yonghwa seemed to be relieved seeing that Yunho REALLY wanted to save his and Yoona’s relationship.

 

“Yah, Yuri,” Yunho said as he tried not to shout or yell at Yuri, “Please help me, about Yoona. I can’t really take it anymore. I don’t want to break up with her, though. I REALLY love her since the time we met. I can’t just let her go.” He was pleading Yuri as hard as he can. Yuri took a deep breath and sighed out. “Finally, you’ve given up,” She said as she took her cell phone and called someone.

 

Few moments later Yuri was already scolding the two dates about something they should always put in mind. “You two should learn how to be sympathetic towards other people. Yunho, do you even know how your actions affect other persons’ lives? And what about you Yoona, do you know how much I’m worried of you whenever you go OUTBURST? Please control yourselves, BOTH of you!” Yuri was already yelling loud at the two of them. She explained that it was her and Yoona’s idea of letting Yunho know his lesson. The plan kind of worked but Yoona got the shopping fever again and her outburst on having unsympathetic personality. After the scolding, Yunho got up and went out of the door silently.

₰₰₰

Few days have passed, and the two haven’t spoken to each other until the time that they bumped into each other during the weekend around campus. “Hey, Yunho oppa,” Yoona asked as he held Yunho’s hand, “can I be your girlfriend once more? I promise not to do those torturing again and I promise I’ll be good now.” Without any hesitation, Yunho said “Yes” and because he thought, we were not even breaking up yet. They got back to their love story ready to start over again.

 

As they were walking hand-in-hand to go to town, Yunho remembered something. “So will you be returning ALL the money you drained from pocket?” He said pinching Yoona’s cheek. Yoona heard and still continued to walk clinging onto Yunho’s arm again.

 

“What money?” Yoona giggled.

 


I am TERRIBLY sorry for my first one-shot is SO short :((( Please don't hate me :(((( To people who loved the story, I LOVE YOU TOO <3