Final

Things he said, lead to us

Total word count: 2532 words. This is probably like my longest one shot so far owo Enjoy reading ^o^


 

~About 5 years ago~

“Jessica, meet my bestfriend Baekhyun.” Jessica’s boyfriend introduced a cute short boy with eyeliner.

 

“Hey.” She smiled and held out her hand for him to shake.

 

“Hi, It’s nice to meet you.” Baekhyun did his signature eye smile and took her hand in his before shaking it up and down a few times.

 

“Oppa, why are you suddenly introducing you best friend to me? I thought you wanted to go to Lotte World today.” Jessica asked while looking up at her tall boyfriend, and than back at the smaller boy.

 

“Oh you know, just wanted you to, to meet each other.” He smiled his big tooth grin, while ruffling her hair.

 

“You FINALLY let me meet her, after three damn freaking years Yeol?!” Baekhyun raised a curious eyebrow.

 

“I know it’s a bit sudden, but I have something to tell you both.” Chanyeol stated as he gestured for them to enter the restaurant.

 

Once they were all seated, “So what did you want to tell us?” Baekhyun asked staring at his menu.

 

“Lets order first, and than I promise I’ll tell you.” Chanyeol said rubbing his neck, Jessica chuckled at her cute boyfriend and pecked his cheek, making Bacon boy that was sitting across from them gag.

 

A young waitress around the age of 20 came up to them with a huge smile plastered on her face.

 

“Hi! I’m Chae Jin, and I’ll be your server today. What can I get you?” This girl was overly peppy.

 

“Uhh..we’re still deciding.” -Chanyeol

 

“Then what would you guys like to drink?” -Chae Jin

 

“Just water for me.” Baekhyun and Jessica said in unison. Chanyeol smiled at them, “Same for me.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be right back with your waters.” Chae Jin spoke and left.

 

Soon coming back with 3 glasses of waters, they told her their orders.

 

“I’ll have the fried rice with bulgogi, and an ice cream sundae.” Chanyeol said bouncing up and down in his seat, causing Jessica to whack him, because he wanted to eat ice cream so early in the day.

 

“And I’ll have the japchae (beef & vegetable noodles).” Baekhyun handed the overly happy girl his menu.

 

“Okay. And what can I get for you, Miss?” Jessica looked up at Chae Jin and than down at her menu.

 

“Err...I’ll get the kimchi fried rice and the soybean sprout soup.” Chae Jin wrote it and and gave a huge smile.

 

“I’ll be back soon with your orders.” Jessica nodded a thanks, and she left.

 

“So, can you tell us now?” In sync, Baekhyun and Jessica turned to Chanyeol and asked. Looking back at each other they blushed.

 

“Right. So, I’m going to be leaving Korea for a while...” He stopped talking when Jessica whispered-yelled.

 

“What?! You’re leaving me?!” Chanyeol shook his head, “I’m going to visit some of my family in the States, they really need my help Sica.” Jessica pouted.

 

“But I need you too~!” She whined cutely while grabbing his arm. He sighed, on the other Hand Baekhyun just awkwardly sipped his water through the straw.

 

“Sooyeon.” Chanyeol looked at her seriously, and damn. Her called her by her Korean name, it must be important. Sighing in defeat, she sipped her drink. “Good girl.” He ruffled her hair.

 

“What am I? A dog?” Chanyeol shook his head but answered, “No, but you would be a very cute bunny~”

 

And before they could kiss, “Guys. A forever alone bacon is sitting right here, and would love it if you guys didn’t act all mushy.” Jessica rolled her eyes. “Oh puh-lease, you’re saying it like you can never get a girlfriend! You’re pretty good looking.”

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment. I could get one, but they’re no girls that I’m really interested in.”

 

“Oh is that so...” Jessica said nodding, Chanyeol typed away on his phone and looked up to see their food coming.

 

 

“Food!” -Chanyeol

 

“Oh Chanyeol.” They started to freak out since they once again said something at the same time.

 

“Okay, we have GOT to stop doing at.” Jessica stared at the boy in front of him with a serious look in her eyes.

 

“Agreed!” -Baekhyun

 

Chaejin came to them with two huge circle trays with food and placed them down.

 

“Well that was fast.” -BaekSica

 

They stared at each other and than let out a groan, “AGAIN!”

 

“Shhhhhhh! Not so loud please.” Chaejin hissed, “Sorry.” Again, in unison. It was starting to get scary, even for Chanyeol, and not much could scare that tall giant.

 

“Here is your fried rice with bulgogi, and your ice cream sundae will come for dessert;

Here’s your japchae (beef & vegetable noodles);

And for the lovely lady, here is your  kimchi fried rice and the soybean sprout soup” She handed out the plants and bowls one by one to the one that owned the food.

 

“Thanks.” -Jessica

 

“Thank you very much for the food!” -Chanyeol

 

“Thanks.” Baekhyun leaned in closer to her and said, “Chaejin.” Jessica rolled her eyes, was he some kind of flirt or something?!

 

Chaejin blushed and bowed before walking away quickly. Bacon boy just chuckled and began eating. Jessica stared at the boy, ‘What was he doing, is he a player?’ the thought made her mad, she didn’t like playboys. Nor did she like playgirls.

 

~A couple of weeks late after Baekhyun and Jessica have met~

“BAEKHYUN! BAEKHYUN OPPA!!” Jessica screamed as she banged on the door, and judging by the tone of her voice, she was sobbing and screaming at the same time.

 

Soon the door opened, and before Baekhyun could yell at her and ask her why she was knocking on his door at 11pm at night, when he could be sleeping peacefully, and that she could too, Jessica hugged him tightly, and sobbed into his chest.

 

Shock was written all over his face, but was soon replaced with confusion. “Are you are, Sica?” Over the past few weeks, Jessica and Baekhyun have been getting closer, just like Chanyeol planned, but he didn’t tell them that, and Jessica learned that Baekhyun wasn’t in fact a playboy, but since Jessica told him to get a girlfriend...you should know where this is going. “No.”

 

Patting her back, he slowly lead her inside not breaking away from the hug and gently closed the door with his foot, before locking it with his hands. He got her to sit on his couch next to him, “Now, tell me. What’s wrong.”

 

Jessica wiped her tears, but more kept falling down... she was heartbroken. “C-ch-chan-chanyeol br-broke u-up-” Baekhyun shut her up with a hug, there was no need to say anything more. He already heard enough.

 

“Shh shh...it’s okay.” He broke away from the hug and, “I’ll go get you some water. Sit here okay.” She nodded, cutely.

 

Standing up, he went to grab two mugs, and slowly filled them both with water, and when he got back to the couch he saw Jessica hugging one of his pillows as tears fell down his face. It was quite the scene, like in a k-drama where the girl gets her heart crushed.

 

Placing the cups down on the coffee table, grabbed the pillow in her arms and set it behind him, before grabbing her chin lightly so he wouldn’t hurt her.

 

“Jessica.” He wiped her tears with his thumb, “Take deep breaths. In and out, in and out.” He breathed to show her an example to what he had meant.

 

Once she calmed down a but, “Can you tell me what happened, please?”

 

“Like I said, Chanyeol broke up with me.” The sentence, even thinking about it just killed her on the inside. “He said that once he goes to the States that he doesn’t know if our relationship would ever be the same once he got back, and that he couldn’t do long distance relationships. He said that I should just find another guy that would make me even more happy then when I was with him. He said that he and I just weren’t meant to be, and destined. He also said that me waiting for him day after day, he didn’t want me to waste my time thinking about him when he is going to be on the other side of the world.”

 

Taking another deep breath she continued, “He ranted on and on about this, and me, being the stupid girl I am, I didn’t understand what he was trying to say, dumb I know, but I was too in love with him to even get where he was going at.” Seeing as though Baekhyun wasn’t going to answer or say anything until she finished, “He broke up with me.” The tears started again as her chest rose up and down uncontrollably.

 

But it soon stopped before Baekhyun could snap out of his daze.. “But the funny thing was..when he told me to find me to find someone that could make me happier than he could, he mentioned your name.”

 

“What.” It was more of a statement rather than a question. Baekhyun was hella confused to why Chanyeol would mention his name...unless....

 

“Do you think..that Chanyeol...wants us to uhh...” -Baekhyun

 

“Date?” -Jessica

 

“Yeah. Date..” Jessica shrugged, “Maybe, I guess. But why did he suddenly want us to date? We’ve been dating for 3 years and you two have been friends since you guys were in diapers, so that makes no sense.” She had a point there.

 

“I guess so...but if he wants us to...we could...try?” -Baekhyun

 

Jessica looked up at him. “Yeah..we could try.”

 

“Then, er, I guess we should go to bed first and work this out tomorrow.” -Baekhyun

 

Nodding, “Can I sleep with you? I’m scared to sleep alone, Chanyeol always slept with me.”

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, “and what exactly did you do before Chanyeol started dating you?”

 

“Simple, I slept with my TV on the kids channel at volume 10 and slept like that.” Jessica answered, it was cute how she did that.

 

“Yeah, you can sleep over than. Come.” He lead her upstairs into his bedroom. Giving her one of his smallest shirts and shorts, she changed in the washroom and came out.

 

That’s when things got awkward, because now two people who barely knew each other have to sleep...on the same bed. Fun tastic.

~In The Present time~

A lot has happened over the years. From when they first met, to a bad break up, and when they lost a friend in which they cared about deeply, but they are thankful. They wouldn’t be together if it wasn’t for him. Too bad they couldn’t thank him one more time, but he’s up above watching them with the rest of the angels in the sky.

 

Out on a balcony was a girl, with a slim figure, and long golden brown hair, in her nightgown. She was leaning on the fence thing, gazing up at the stars. “Chanyeol oppa..you know I still miss you, and care about you right?” She whispered, even though it’s been a little more than 5 years, he still was on her mind, but not the same as it was when they were together. But she loved him like a brother now, and since she couldn’t tell him before, she could tell him now.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me, why didn’t you tell anyone that you had lung cancer? I would’ve tried my best to help.” A lone tear slipped down her face.

 

“I understand you wanted me to be happy, so you wouldn’t die of guilt, but you could’ve at least told me you had cancer when you broke up with me!” If anyone saw her right now, they would think that she was a mad woman talking to an invisible person.

 

~Flashback~

Jessica and Baekhyun’s relation was going quite well, they loved each other, but a part of Jessica was still confused to why Chanyeol had left her in the first place. Was there something she had done wrong? Well probably not, if he told her to date his best friend, but than why?

 

And to make everything more confusing, Chanyeol had come back to Korea, making her life a drama. But when he had confronted the BaekSica couple, he had explained everything.

 

He planned the meeting at the restaurant so the two of them would get to know each other, and as their relationship grew, he needed to break up with Jessica because he had to get surgery in the States, and he knowing about it...he didn’t want her to know about it. He knew that she would run to Baekhyun’s house and tell him what he said to her. And when she did, he had got on a plane and flew to the other side of the world in hopes of getting rid of his cancer, but that was nearly impossible. And after countless of surgeries over the past year, there was no hope for him anymore, and so he came back to Korea.

 

“I wanted to say sorry.” He said, and continued telling them. He wanted the both of them to be happy, together. “I wanted you both to meet because one, I couldn’t think of any other guy better for Jessica.” Chanyeol bit his lip, “Even me.” Jessica wanted to say something, but Baekhyun rubbed her back which told her to not interrupt.

 

Chanyeol than explained to them that he didn’t have long, and that he wanted to spend the rest of his days left with his two best friends. He didn’t want it any other way.

 

And when his death day came around, it was the saddest day of Jessica’s life. One of the people she cared about the most had just left her life forever.

 

~End of flashback~

Baekhyun who had just come home from his friends house walked into their shared room, and noticed his fiance sitting on the ground sobbing. He had not seen her cry this much since his friend died.

 

“Jess! Are you okay?” The was a stupid question, she WASN’T okay. “Aniyo.” “Aish.” Baekhyun dropped his things on the floor and embraced her at once. He soon realized why she was crying, and laughed softly, “I don’t think Chanyeol would you to be crying over him.” Jessica nodded and buried her face in his chest.

 

They’ve been dating for about almost 5 years now. “You know. I think Chanyeol is like our modern day cupid, because without him, there wouldn’t be an us.” Jessica stopped breathing uncontrollably into his chest. He was right. Shouldn’t she at least try to be happy? For Chanyeol? He wanted this. She should be happy, Baekhyun MADE her happy.

 

“I think so too.” Jessica murmured and looked up at Baekhyun’s shining face under the moonlight. “But do you know what I care about more right now?”

 

“What?” -Baekhyun

 

“You.” Jessica closed her eyes and gently planted a kiss on his soft lips. The stayed like that for a while.

 

It was sort of a happy ending of a sad story. Where two strangers fall in love because cupid lead them to each other.


Sorry if it's a bit rushed ,_, And sorry if it's crappy. My index finger on my right hand if swollen and I can barely type...and it doesn't help since I'm right handed. TT.TT
But still, don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe!
Also, if you want, you can request me to do a oneshot for you, of your favorite Jessica x boy pairing. I'll do it if I have time :DD 
kthx for reading bai, Riley