Burnt Food - The Way To Any Man's Heart

Burnt Food - The Way To Any Man's Heart

“Hyukjae, what the hell are you doing?” Heechul walks through the kitchen where said man is wearing one of Ryeowook’s aprons and is stood next to the stove, stirring a pot of what looks suspiciously like a mixture of worms and burnt hair. “What does it look like? I’m cooking!” Hyukjae looks affronted and turns back, pouting into the mixture, and continues stirring.

          Heechul doesn’t take into consideration in the slightest Hyukjae’s feelings and continues on prodding “Not a good idea dude, do you remember the last time Wook let you into his kitchen? I don’t think the manager would be too happy paying for a new kitchen again.” He raises his eyebrow and puts a hand on his cocked hip, looking like a total diva and knowing it, wanting to convey all the sass in the world towards the clueless man trying the ‘cook’ in front of him.

          Next comes Kangin “Woah, Hyuk, mate, I’m sure as much as he would pretend to like whatever you’re cooking, Donghae would not appreciate mud soup…” at Kangin’s words a smirk slides onto Heechul’s face “Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I see.” Hyukjae turns around speedily, a horror struck look on his face at the hint of Heechul most probably scheming an evil plot in his head right now and lurches forward, abandoning the ‘food’ to grasp the evil man’s arms “No! No no no that’s not what I’m doing. Please! Kangiiiin, why did you say that? Nu’ ‘uh you’re all wrong.” Heechul winces, trying to endure the pain of Hyukjae’s vice like death grip when the younger suddenly crosses his arms and sticks his bottom lip out, looking like a pre-schooler.

          Kangin then puts his arm round Hyukjae’s shoulders and ruffles his hair “Oh my beloved dongsaeng, we can all see right through your lies, you’ve been pining after Hae ever since the Single Ladies performance.” Hyukjae begins to deny, and then realises what Kangin just said “That’s not tr…hang on, all of you? No way, it’s not that obvious.” He suddenly slaps his hands in front of his mouth, realising that he’d just as good as admitted to liking Donghae in front of two of the last people he’d tell if he was planning on admitting in the first place – which he wasn’t. Ah well, he thinks it’s out there now, nothing I can do about it…

          “Haha I knew it was true, this is gold!” Kyuhyun pops his head through the door and potters in, holding his phone up and you’d have to be totally thick not to understand what he was doing and oh God, here arrives #1 on my list of ‘don’t let anyone find out.’ Hyukjae just lets his head drop and exhales, then he again remembers what they were talking about previously “No way does everyone in the dorm know! Seriously, I…” He takes in the three people all giving him identical ‘really?’ looks and re-phrases. “Alright then, surely at least Yesung doesn’t know, even if everybody else does.”

          That hope is quickly shot down when speak of the devil, none other than Yesung himself strolls into the kitchen - looking for toast or orange juice or something - and then pauses, very obviously sniffs the air and comments with what will break Hyukjae’s heart “Euch, Hyuk, throw that away, it’s not going to make Donghae like you more” then continues on his path to the fridge. Kangin, Heechul and Kyuhyun burst into fits of laughter, offering pats of comfort to the younger’s back despite basking in the knowledge that his last resort just failed him.

          After a little longer of Hyukjae feeling sorry for himself, Ryeowook eventually appears and immediately freaks out. Nobody had noticed that the food had started smoking as they were too caught up in either being miserable or revelling in that misery. “WHAT HAPPENED? Hyuk if you want to cook something, just get me to do it, or at least let me help you. You nearly burned down my kitchen!" Then as an afterthaught "Also I’m sorry to break it to you but you look ridiculous in that apron.” Being insulted by the kind hearted Ryeowook takes the biscuit for poor Hyukjae, who has really had enough. He is now harbouring such low self esteem because of the teasing that he is ready to just go and belly-flop onto his bed and not move until the next schedule.

          Then the unthinkable happens.

Donghae waltzes in obliviously and like Yesung, smells the air. However the reaction is hugely different. “Huh? What’s that?” He then spots Hyukjae wearing the apron and smiles sweetly “Oh, Hyuk, have you been cooking? By the way that apron looks kinda stupid.” Then while everyone is silently laughing at the fact that the object of Hyukjae’s affections himself just put the guy down, Donghae heads over to the pot and just stares into it for a second. Hyukjae is waiting for the moment Donghae will turn around and grimace at him.

 

That doesn’t happen.

 

The short man takes a huge spoonful of what was supposed to be spaghetti and chews for a bit before making noises, shocking everyone in the now extremely cramped kitchen “MMMMmmmmm, this is gorgeous, ugh, Hyuk, cook more often, God!” All the jaws are on the floor, including the chef for the evening’s. Suddenly something comes next that nobody could even dream up (except maybe Hyukjae in his fantasies). Donghae struts – yes, struts – up to Hyukjae, throws his arms around his neck and full on kisses him on the lips, right in front of everybody. Yesung’s eyes look like they are about to pop out of their sockets and somebody else murmurs “Huh, he hid that well!” Then Donghae untangles himself from the taller guy, who is looking completely gobsmacked and says “Dear Lord Hyukjae, it took you long enough. I’ve been waiting for you to make a move since forever! Jeez. Oh, and as dumb as that apron is, it’s cute. But next time don’t wear anything under it, okay?” And after winking, – to everyone but Hyukjae’s distaste – he struts back out of the room looking extremely proud of himself.

          Without anyone noticing, Sungmin appears in the doorway “Ew, that was something I didn’t need to see, as sweet as it was…” And stood next to him, Siwon has appeared, pointing behind and tipping his head in the direction Donghae left “Why’s he looking so smug?” everyone in the kitchen just glances at each other and grins.

          After what seems like hours, the manager also appears in the doorway behind Siwon and Sungmin looking a bit surprised “What’s everyone doing in here? Hang on, what’s burning?” Ryeowook is glad that he stepped in before anything could set on fire and everyone else looks at Hyukjae, who doesn’t know what to feel and is going through a whole spectrum of emotions but comes out with: “Oh dear God, that food is disgusting! Why the hell did he like it? And why did he have to kiss me straight after eating, oh, eugh, I think I’m going to be sick!” After his short speech - which leaves everyone in tucks, clears up Siwon’s confusion and gives the manager images he didn’t EVER want – Hyukjae rushes out of the room and everybody decides that they’re better off getting a takeaway.

 

Let’s hope their relationship will be better than the food eh?

                                                     ____________________________________________________________________

a/n: (hey, do you like this colour? It's the colour Baek's hair was hehe.......I shouldn't be saying this in a Suju fic)

Thankyou for reading, commenting, voting, anything ^-^  I'm very grateful.

Much love Luce <3