Almost

Almost

“Are you sure about your decision?” Tiffany asked worriedly holding a paper. She just finished reading its content and she is really worried as to what’s going to happen to their maknae once she decided to do this.

 

Seohyun just gave her a slight nod.

 

Everyone in the conference room looked at each other, then to Seohyun who remained quiet just facing down.

 

All nine members of SNSD, together with their managers are gathered now inside SME’s conference room. Lee Soo Man called all of them for an urgent meeting. The moment they heard of the word ‘Seohyun’ and ‘meeting’ when their manager informed them yesterday, they already knew what will it be about.

 

It has been two weeks since their maknae has been rumored to be pregnant but people don’t have any idea who the father is as she didn’t say anything that she is already dating someone. But a lot of people have been guessing that the father might be CNBLUE;s Jung YongHwa, the only man who was link to her right after their WGM stint. When their stint ended seven years ago, she was involved in some dating scandals with him but they all denied it saying they are just nothing but friends. But in all honesty, all those dating scandals and rumors about them were all true, they just chose to denied all of it as they know it will affect their groups’ career once it was revealed. They denied all of it despite the support that FNC and SME gave them. YongHwa and Seohyun are both aware that when they decided to date each other, it will not be easy for them most especially, a lot of their real fans really thinks they are dating and not to mention their friends who keeps on teasing them in some radio and variety shows. They just don’t want this relationship to ruin everything that they have worked hard for. But some things are really bound to happen unexpectedly.

 

“Maknae-ah, we still have five more years before we disband. That’s a lot more time for you. H-How about you just take a break away from here? Hmm? Have a vacation outside Korea. It might help you. Hmmm?” Taeyeon who is sitting beside Seohyun said while squeezing her shoulder but still Seohyun remained silent.

 

Seohyun wiped her tears before she looked up to all the people inside the room. She saw Lee Soo Man, whom she treated like a father, her eight unnies and all their managers. She just looked at them and she feels sorry because she knew she has disappointed all of them.

 

Her eight sisters, who knew her better than anyone else, looked at each other, concern is clearly seen all over their face as their maknae has been crying silently for almost a week.

 

“Where is he? Shouldn’t he be here too?” Jessica asked annoyingly pertaining to YongHwa.

 

Seohyun looked at her with those puffy eyes, “He’s not coming Unnie. I made this decision by myself, I want to end this issue now.” Seohyun said matter of factly.

 

All of them was surprised not by what she said but because she talked. This is the first time they heard her speak and probably, the longest sentence she said. Seohyun became strangely quiet since last week which made them all worried.

 

“At least, she’s talking now. I thought she became mute.” Jessica said all of the people glared at her and she just shrugged her shoulder.

 

“But JongHyun said—“ Yoona was cut off by Lee Soo Man’s cough.

 

All of them looked at him except Seohyun. Ever since their training days, Lee SooMan has been  their father in this industry. He is very strict especially during their rookie years as he knows that these girls will reach far. He treated them as his own daughters and he just want all the sest for them. He has witnessed how these 9 girls bloomed and transformed from a pretty and cute girls to gorgeous and amazing women. When they debuted he already knew that these girls will become successful in reaching for their dreams, and he wasn’t wrong. All of them are living now their own dreams, with five more years remaining before their disbandment, he is very proud of these women who already grow maturely. Some of them are engaged already, some are still enjoying the life of having a boyfriend and few are enjoying being single, and one is an expected mother, Seohyun. It was not an easy road before the people accepted that SNSD are now having their own life and despite that they have lovelife they still remained as SNSD who entertain the world through their music and dance moves. He is aware that Seohyun is dating YongHwa for more than seven years now and he is also aware that they are expecting a baby. When Seohyun tell it to him he was shocked but what shocked him more was when she told him that she and YongHwa broke up. He knew how hard YongHwa fight for their love and he had really entrusted her to YongHwa, he knew how much he loves her and same as Seohyun. But he respected the couple when they said it’s a mutual decision although he knew it wasn’t because if it’s really a mutual decision, Seohyun won’t be spacing out right now.

 

With all those rumors about her pregnancy, Seohyun wanted to go out to the public and tell the people everything. Well, YongHwa had been wanted to tell that he is dating her but she just told them not to do it, ‘This is not the right time’ as what Seohyun always told him. But thing are really different now and to be honest, Lee SooMan is quite happy that his favorite maknae is having this courage but he’s not happy with what’s happening to her and YongHwa but he can’t do anything about it but to support her. If only she can dictate Seohyun to not break up with that man, he’ll do it.

 

“JooHyun-ah,” he called, the woman turned to her with teary eyes.

 

“We can just issue a statement about this issue. You really don’t have to do this interview.”

 

“Yes, that’s right! SME can just issue a statement about this, right?” Sunny agreed.

 

Seohyun shake her head. “Please do understand that I want to do this. I need to do this.” She wiped her tears.

 

Lee SooMan then nodded. Seriously, once this woman decided, no one can oppose her even him.

 

“Ahrasseo.” He answered giving Seohyun a warm smile.

 

“Please set a schedule for the interview.” Lee SooMan talked to her manager which the manager agreed immediately.

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip to hold back the tears which is about to fall.

 

“We’re just here, maknae. We’ll go with you on the interview.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Thank you unnie,dul, Lee SooMan Daepyonim, manager Oppa, I’m so sorry, I’m such a big disappointment.”

 

“Don’t say that! We are so proud of you because you have been so strong now. We’ll get through this.” Yuri said.

 

 

When Seohyun arrived in her apartment later that night, she opened her phone to call her parents. She is ready to call her mother when four text messages came in.

 

“”I know you will be able to get through this. I know how much he loves you, just give him the time that he needed.” It’s a message from JungShin.

 

“Hyung has been really quiet these days, he has been locking himself right after our schedule, he never even talked to us, I’m starting to worry but I know that everything will be fine between the two of you. You know that this isn’t easy for him, too, right? You both need this, please stay strong and don’t stress yourself.” It’s from Minhyuk.

 

“Everything will be fine. He loves you so much.” Jonghyun

“Bogoshiposeo.” She stared at her phone after reading the last text, it’s from him. Suddenly tears bean to fall from her eyes uncontrollably but she didn’t wiped it, she just let it flow. She needs to let it out, all these pain that she’s feeling.

 

“Can I see you for a moment?” another message from him came in.

 

“Please?” she was about to ignore his messages when another text from him came.

 

“I love you.” She slowly sat on the couch and holds her phone near her chest tightly.

 

 

How can these three words which she knew are so sweet to hear become so painful now? YongHwa was his first love and she experienced a lot of first with him during and after their WGM stint and that includes her first heartbreak. This isn’t the first time that they had a fight but this is the first time that he asked for space, that’s why she give it to him though she know it will be hard for her and her situation. When he asked for space, he still didn’t know about her pregnancy, so when he found out, she saw that he was hesitating to continue the break up but Seohyun told him that if he needs space, she’ll give it to him after all, she knew that they both needed this. She just hopes that she made the right choice.

 

When she got calmer, she decided to call someone.

 

“Oppa, please pick me up at my apartment.”

 

After she ended the call, she packed some of her clothes and put it in her bag. Minutes later, she heard someone buzzed in her door, she gets her things and opened the door.

 

“Oppa.” She greeted, it’s her manager. He gets her things from her hand.

 

“Are you sure about this? I can bring you to your parents’ house.” He said as he watched her locked the door.

 

“Aniyo, It’s okay, Oppa. I don’t want them to worry, I’ll just stay at SNSD dorm until next week. I will be fine as long as I’m with them.”

 

When her manager, started the engine, she gets her phone and decided to text him.

 

“I know that this is not easy for the both of us but as you have said, we need this. If you really want that space, I’ll give it to you. There’s just one thing I want to ask from you, please stop acting as if we’re still together. You’re making this hard for the both of us. I’m giving you the freedom that you want so please do this for me,too. Don’t make me hope that everything is still the same when in fact, it’s not. Let’s stop it here, Oppa. Take care of yourself, Goodbye.”

 

She closed her eyes tightly and took a deep breath before finally pressing “send”.

 

She turned off her phone. She needs to do this, if he really want space, she’ll give it to him. She’ll stay away from him.

 

 

The day of the interview already came. Just as planned, Seohyun didn’t tell YongHwa about it. Well, she hasn’t her phone after she left her apartment. She is nervous but she doesn’t show it to her unnies and her parents. She wanted this and she’s just grateful that they have supported her.

 

She’s just wearing a simple white dress with her hair a little bit wavy. ‘His favorite style’ she thought after the coordi Unnie finished putting make up on her.

 

“If you’re ready, you can proceed to studio 4.” A staff wearing a big headset informed her.

 

Her parents and her unnies came to her. “Can you really do this?” Her mom asked.

 

She nods and give them an assuring smile, “Yes, Omma. Don’t worry. I can do this.”

 

She took a deep breath before she walks out the door holding her mother’s hand.

 

When they reached the said studio where the interview will be broadcast live, her unnies talked to the PD making sure that everything will be alright.

 

“You don’t have to worry, you just need to tell them the truth, if you can’t answer them, just tell them. It’s okay. Hmm? We’re just here.” Tiffany said fixing her hair, being in her manager Hwang mode again. She nods and smiles before she goes up on the stage.

 

The stage is designed for a one on one interview only, with two small couches and slideshow of Seohyun flashing on the screen as it’s background. The MC greeted her cheerfully. She smiled when he shakes her hand motioning her to take her seat while whispering “Don’t be nervous.”

 

The MC is a 40 year old well-respected TV personality in Korea. He had done many interview with the most sensitive topics in the entertainment world. So she knew that he will take care of her during the interview.

 

“We’re going on air in 3,2,1! Cue!” They heard the director shout.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath, she looked at her unnies and her parents as well as their manager, she also noticed that Lee SooMan is sitting beside her father. She smiled at them.

 

Then the MC starts his job.

 

“Seohyun-ssi, First, thank you for doing this interview with me.” He said smiling to the nervous woman, she just nods and smile a liitle.

 

“So let’s start now, recently, a lot of rumors have been spreading about you. So let’s start this interview by answering those rumors. Seohyun-ssi, are you, really pregnant?” The MC asked her.

 

She tried her best to smile, holding back her tears and nods. “Ne, it’s true.” The MC who was also shocked by her revelation maintains his composure.

 

“I’m 4 weeks pregnant as we speak.” She continued, she then looked at her unnies who are smiling at her.

 

“So, it’s really true. Seohyun-ssi, a lot of people are guessing who the father is as you never said in public that you are dating someone, would you mind if I ask you who the father is?”

 

“I never said anything about him but we both gave hints. It’s not a secret to all our family and friends. I also believe that you don’t need to announce it on public if you’re dating someone, most especially, if you wanted to protect your career. We may be idols, and as idols, we are entitled to tell everything to the public, but let’s not forget that we are still human. Like everyone, we also deserve a little privacy, so we kept our relationship a secret until now.” Seohyun answered bravely.

 

“He is also an idol and I think some people know about him and me, too.” She added. The MC looked at his cue cards while nodding.

 

“Seohyun-ssi, some people are guessing, it’s Jung YongHwa of CNBLUE, is it true?”

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip, trying to hold back her tears but failed as it slowly fell from her eyes. When she heard his name, suddenly she felt like someone stab her heart.

 

“Yes, it’s true.”

 

“How many years have you been together?”

 

“More than seven years. We were together even before our WGM stint ended.”

 

The MC furrowed her eyebrows. ‘This is it.’ Seohyun thought as she watches the MC’s reaction.

 

“L-Let me just clear this, you said ‘WERE’, Why?”

 

She heaved a sigh and wiped her tears with a tissue. “We already broke up, a week ago.” She answered nodding tying her best to smile.

 

“Is this because you’re pregnant?”

 

‘Aniyo.” She answered matter of factly.

 

“We both wanted this baby. And let me just cleared all the rumors that we broke up because he doesn’t like the baby, in all fairness to Yong Oppa, he wanted this baby. I wanted this, too. We have been wishing for this two years ago and we’re both happy that it finally came.” She wiped her tears which fall uncontrollably.

 

She holds her stomach, “This is not an unwanted baby.”

 

“I understand, Seohyun ssi. So would you mind if I asked you, what is the reason why you ended the seven years relationship.”

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip and just looked at the MC. She wiped her tears and swallowed the hard lumps in . She tried hard not to let out a sob but she failed. She covered to avoid louder sobs to come out, her mother stands up but she raised her hand to stop her. She gave her an assuring smile as if saying ‘It’s okay, I can do it.’

 

The MC remained quiet just looking at her while rubbing her back.

 

“I’m sorry—“

 

“It’s okay. I understand.”

 

Seohyun wiped her tears and sits properly. “He asked for this. He asked for space, we both need this. We’ve been together for more than seven years, through that time, he became my priority more than my career and my family, I believe, it’s also the same with him. What we’ve been through just to save this relationship is not a joke. We’ve been through a lot.” She paused, remembering everything that they’ve been through for the past seven years.

 

She took a deep breath before she continued, “We are so focused about each other that we tend to forget the people around us, our family, friends and even members and I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I know how they supported us but I know that we disappoint them. I don’t know what to say but sorry.” She wiped again her tears.

 

“Why did you come out for an interview now?”

 

“Because, I want people to stop bashing him, to stop making up stories about us. I want to put an end to this issue. This isn’t just his fault, so don’t just blame him. All I’m asking everyone is to understand him, if I am having a hard time, I know that he’s even having the harder time dealing with this issue.”

 

“They said, he broke up because of another girl.” The MC asked again.

 

Seohyun shake her head, “He NEVER cheated on me. Not even once.”

 

“Seohyun-ssi, I know this is a weird question but how do you cope up?”

 

Seohyun swallowed another hard lump in , “I need to be fine, Sunbae-nim. At least for our baby, I need to move on. I have to and I know that I will be fine.”

 

“Do you want to say something to those people who supported you in this relationship, most probably your family and friends?”

 

Another tear fall from her eyes so she wiped it again, “I’m sorry.”

 

The MC nodded as he understands what she wanted to say. He never imagined that SNSD maknae is so brave to face this challenge.

 

“Seohyun-ssi,” The MC is hesitating to ask her the question but he still did it. “Do you still love YongHwa?”

 

Seohyun broke into another crying as she heard the question. She nodded, “Yes,”

How can a simple YES hurts so much? It’s so painful that Seohyun is having a hard time to breathe so she took a deep breath again. She feels like someone is clenching her chest but she maintained her composure.

 

“Are you still hoping that he will come back to you?”

 

“I don’t want to hope but just this once, I am still hoping. I want him back. I really do.”

 

“To end this interview, is there something that you wanted to tell him?”

 

“I’m waiting.”

When the director motioned them that the interview was over, the MC hugged Seohyun tightly.

 

“You are so brave and I admire you. I hope everything will be fine.” The MC said as he hugged her. Seohyun thanked him one more time before she gets down the stage then her unnies came to her and hugged her at the same time.

 

“We’re so proud of you” Taeyeon said wiping her tears.

 

“You did great.” Lee SooMan who was there the whole time said after hugging her.

 

“Everything will be fine. Let’s go home.” Her mother said after she hugs her.

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung! “ JongHyun knocked loudly to YongHwa’s room.

 

“WHAT?!” he heard YongHwa yelled. He has been locking himself ever since he broke up with Seohyun. ‘Why the hell will he broke up with her if he can’t live without her? Seriously?!’ JongHyun thought upon looking at how this break up affect their leader.

 

“YoonA texted me, she said, Seohyun will have an interview today. She’s going to tell it to the pub—“

 

He was caught offguard when YongHwa suddenly opened the door. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

 

“Ne.it’s true, I’m 4 weeks pregnant as we speak.”

 

Both of them looked at the TV screen which JungShin suddenly opened.

 

YongHwa felt like someone stab her heart. He misses her so much, he could not reach her after she sent the message, and she wasn’t in their apartment neither in her apartment.

 

They all seated in front of the television watching as Seohyun unfolds everything to the public.

 

“Hyungsoonim is so brave.” Minhyuk commented while watching it. JungShin nudge him and that shut him up.

 

He can’t take seeing Seohyun crying so he stand up getting ready to enter his room again.

 

“To end this interview, is there something that you wanted to tell him?”

 

“I’m waiting.”

 

He turned around to look again on the screen but the show just ended.

 

“Yah,” he called his three dongsaengs, “Tell me, I’m such a fool for leaving her,right?”

 

“Ne.” JungShin and Minhyuk said in unison.

 

Jonghyun glared at them “Why? He’s asking us.” JungShin retorted. Jonghyun just shook his head.

 

“You said you need space –“

 

“Space my , To hell with space, I need my baby and my future wife.” YongHwa cut him off.

 

 

 

It has been three days after the interview ended, so far, the response from people was not that bad. Some supported YongSeo but some are still unable to accept the facts. Some are still hoping that they will get back together.

 

Seohyun decided to buy things for her baby today, so she go to the baby section of the department store.

 

She saw a crib and runs her hand through it.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo, Seohyun-ssi? May I help you?” A staff came near her.

 

“Ahh, Ne, I was just looking for—“

 

“Excuse me, I’ll get my order now. Is it ready now?”

 

She froze when she heard that voice. She knows who the owner of that voice is. She slowly turned around only to see him behind her, he is an inch near her.

 

“O-Oppa.” Seohyun can’t believe that she’s seeing YongHwa right now.

 

“What are you doing?” She whispered.

 

“I saw the interview. I’m sorry that you need to go to an interview before I realized my mistake.”

 

Their faces are so near that one wrong move their lips will meet. She then stepped back but YongHwa grabbed her waist.

 

“Ne?”

 

“ I told you I need space and I just realized that I never needed space because it’s only you that I wanted. I’m so sorry, I hurt you,”

 

Seohyun bit her lip to hold back her tears.

 

“I hope I am not too late. I promise, I will make it up to you. Please give me this chance,”

 

Seohyun remained immobile trying to digest everything that YongHwa is saying but she got more surprised when she heard what he said next,

 

“Be my wife JooHyun-ah.”

 

“Just say YES!” They heard people yelled at them, they didn’t realize that a lot of people have gathered to see them.

 

Seohyun smiled. “Please tell me, you’re not proposing in a nursery station of this department.”

 

“Fortunately,” YongHwa looked around grinning, “Yes, I’m proposing here.”

 

“So..” YongHwa asked again,

 

“I love you Oppa and yes, I’ll marry you.”

 

YongHwa who felt so happy cupped her face and kissed her passionately. Seohyun who was caugh off guard by what YongHwa did,stand still, then slowly she lifted her hands and encircled it around YongHwa’s neck then she respond to his kisses.

 

YongHwa broke the kiss and called the staff, “Please deliver the crib to my house.” He ordered.

 

“Let’s continue this to our house.” He whispered to Seohyun which made Seohyun blushed as she knows what he means.

 

They turned around to walk, holding each other’s hand. “Oppa, I’m already pregnant.” Seohyun reminded him.

 

“They said it’s a good way of exercise, Hyun. I researched it.”

 

“Mwo? But—“

 

“A twin is not that bad. Should I order one more crib?” YongHwa .

 

“YAH!”

 

====================================================================================

 

Author's Note:

 

Hey guys, this just popped out in my head after watching an interview of celebrity guy here in the Philippines who broke up with his girlfriend. (Billy-Nikki shipper, anyone?) So yeah, this is PARTLY inspired by that interview. It's too angst that I really have to write a YongSeo story about it. LOL! Hurray for my second attempt in writing one shot and probably the longest. So how was it? I think this is really what I called ANGST. Tell me what you think. Ghad! Why am I even nervous? *___*

 

Note: MAPLS update to be posted on Saturday. Thank you.

 

~ilovegoguma29~