One

Blinded love

She kept her hands inside her blazer pockets and strolled past the growing flowers. Her earpiece was plugged in and she hummed along to the tune of an indie love song. 

"What are you doing?"

As Seohyun doesn't like listening to music with high volumes, she heard him calling. Kai had on an amused expression and was gently gesturing for her to catch up with them. Seohyun smiled and ran up to him, and they held hands. Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Suho and Chanyeol were with them. They always hang out together and are considered by the students and teachers as the "elite clique". All of them hail from wealthy families and they were academically and musically inclined. Also, they were very popular in school, especially the boys, so many were very jealous of Seohyun. However, she fitted in, and isn't one who was snobbish nor likes seeking attention purposely, thus she was well-liked. Just then, a lot of laughter and shouts were heard, and Seohyun raised her head. A group of boys were playing around with each other, and Seohyun recognized them as a couple were friends with Kai and the rest, however, one guy in particular caught her eye. He didn't look familiar to her. He didn't join in with the jumping and playing around, but he doesn't look like an outcast either. He had cotton candy pink hair and his face resembled a doll. He was really good looking. But one thing about him puzzled her. His eyes always seemed to be looking into a distance and he was careful with his steps.

"Hey Kris!" Kai shouted.

Seohyun looked at her boyfriend. The group stopped playing and looked at Kai and his friends. Kris gave a grim smile and silently moved to stand infront of Luhan. The two groups were face to face infront of each other.

"Hey whats up man." Kris did some kind of fist bump with Kai and waved to the rest. Lay waved to them too while the others just stayed silent. The boys were smirking at each other and Seohyun was confused. 

Kai took another step forward and tilted his head to look at Luhan who was behind Kris.

"Hey blind boy."

Seohyun widened her eyes in surprise. Blind boy? She looked at Luhan and realised that his gaze was still distant.

Kris held his hand out to block Kai. "That's enough man, we need to get going."

Sehun placed his hand on Kris' shoulder. "What's the rush, hyung? We haven't seen you in awhile. Seems like you are getting real close with them.. and blind boy."

Kris brushed Sehun's hand away. "Shut up Sehun."

"Pink hair really don't suit you, blind boy. Why are you trying to act all cool when you are already blind? Ain't gonna get you any girls man. Because you are blind. You are a burden. A loser."

Seohyun looked away guiltily. She never approved of Kai and the other boys' bullying ways, but she didn't interfere either. She squeezed Kai's hand to gesture for him to stop.

"YAH YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH ALRIGHT." Chen was about to grab Kai's collar, but Kris stopped him.  "Kim Jongin. Don't take this too far. I don't know what my fists will do."

Kai scoffed. "Let's go guys."

"Who's that?" Seohyun asked. Kai rolled his eyes. 

Baekhyun went infront and faced the rest, walking backwards. "His name is Luhan. He transferred here three months ago. Apparently he's blind. I don't know why Kris made friends with him. He's such an eyesore, faking kindness and all." 

Seohyun just nodded silently. She pulled her hands away from Kai's. "Oppa, i got to get to class. See you guys later!" She was about to turn to leave when Kai grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him.

"Did you forget something?" he had a smirk on his face.

Seohyun tried to stifle her smile. "No, I don't think so." The other boys hooted with laughter.

Kai grinned and closed in, kissing her gently. A few girls walking past squealed with jealousy. Seohyun could feel his lips curve up. "I love you babe, see you later."

"Me too."

Sometimes, Seohyun felt sorry towards Kai. For some reason, she just could not bring herself to say "i love you" to Kai, and thus never initiated the phrase before. It was always Kai who said he loves her and she would just reply "me too". She thought Kai was the right one, he shared the same hobbies as her, their family background were similar and they hit off well, but after Kai confessed to her and they got together, she realised that she was not as passionate as him and their dates together were not so memorable to her, even though Kai was a romantist and he always made sure that their dates were romantic and eventful. Seohyun preferred simpler things like a walk in the park, a simple picnic or even just staying at home together to watch a rented movie. However, she never tell Kai about it, it was always Kai who took charge and planned everything without seeking her opinion. He loved surprising her and she was used to faking her surprise.

She didn't want to admit it, but deep in her heart, she felt tired.