Chapter 1

Two Faces of Oh Sehun

 



 

It was four in the afternoon when a guy with a brunette hair appeared in Sehun’s room without a warning.

“Hey, Oh Sehun. Wake up.” Jongin said pinching his friend’s ear.

“Aish! Man, what the hell do you need?”

“Wow. You’re very welcoming.” the tanned guy whispered in sarcasm.

Sehun and Jongin have been friends since kindergarten. They have already done a lot of things together. They are very similar except for the fact that Sehun is milky white and the other is tanned.

“What do you want, Kim Jongin?! You see I’m tired. Just answer me and get out of my room.” Sehun grumbled with his eyes closed.

Instead of answering, Jongin got up on Sehun’s bed and bounced repeatedly making the taller guy even more irritated.

“What the hell?!” Sehun complained as he got up and opened his eyes.

Jongin just laughed at how annoyed Sehun is. Well he knows his friend can’t be angry to the point of not talking to him or hating him for the rest of his life. He knows because he has done this for a couple of times already.

“Finally! Good afternoon Sehunnie. Let’s go the amusement park.” He said while batting his long eyelashes before his friend like an innocent girl.

“Gross.” Sehun grimaced at the actions of Jongin. “I don’t want to! Don’t try to interrupt my sleep again or else I’ll kill you.”

“Scary, man! Okay fine. I’ll just tell Jaera you can’t go. We can go by ourselves anyway.” Jongin teased knowing that his friend has this selfish obsession of protecting Jaera. But he doesn’t know why she should be protected from him. Well, Sehun is just that over-over-over protective of her.

“W-what did you say?” Sehun asked stopping the brunette guy from walkng.

“Nothing. I see you’re sleepy so go ahead and rest.”

“No, I changed my mind. I’m going with you guys.” He got up quickly to change his clothes. “Wait, okay? Don’t you dare go without me!”

“Tss. Typical Oh Sehun.” Jongin whispered to himself and grinned.

 

+++

 

Jaera on the other room is busy putting little amount of BB cream and staring at her reflection in front of the mirror.

She’s living in the same house with Sehun. Jaera is adopted by Sehun’s deceased aunt. There’s no one to take care of her when her foster mom died so she was left with this family.

She was startled when she heard a loud banging on her door.

“Hey Jaera, let’s go before your dear cousin change his mind.” Jongin said on the other side of the door.

“Coming.”

 

+++

 

Jaera and Jongin decided to ride the ferris wheel. Sehun is afraid of heights so he was left there alone watching and murmuring things, perhaps complains about why they sould go to an amusement park given the fact that he’s afraid of heights.

After getting down, the three of them bought sandwich and softdrinks. They decided to sit on a bench and rest, the last word only for Jongin and Jaera since Sehun haven’t done anything yet but to watch his two friends enjoy.

“Let’s ride the rollercoaster next! “ Jaera exclaimed excitedly to Jongin.

Now, Sehun feels he is isolated. Jaera is not giving him her attention and he’s definitely not okay with it.

“What about me? Really, Jaera. Can’t you be more considerate?”

“You should’ve just slept. You don’t enjoy hanging out with us anyways.” Jaera said.

“Of course not! I wouldn’t be here if I want you to be alone with him.” Sehun said pointing his mouth to Jongin.

“What’s wrong with me being alone with her? Hello, Sehun? We three are bestfriends.”

I’m her bestfriend.” Sehun said emphasizing the first word.

“Aigoo, this kid. If we three are not friends, I would think you like Jaera.” Jongin grinned.

Shoot! Jaera’s eyes widened and Sehun nearly spit the softdrinks in his mouth.

Jaera laughed, trying to act like she’s cool about it. But the truth is she’s trying so hard to hide her blushing face. And the next seconds were awkward.

“I was just joking.” Jongin laughed. “I know you’re not supposed to like the girl who your friend likes. Right, baby?” he joked looking at Sehun then at the girl. Well jokes are half meant.

“Baby your face!” She smacked the brunette lightly then she looked at Sehun who now becomes more isolated and awkward. “Hey! Uhm… Let’s just go play whatever game there is instead of getting on rides. Okay now?” she looked at Sehun waiting for approval.

Sehun suddenly grinned and put his arms on her shoulder dragging her to whatever direction. “Let’s go!”

 

+++

 

They went to play shooting. Jaera fires pretty well. The other two, they are just trying to impress her but won’t succeed. It’s a surprise she’s a better shooter than them.

“Tss. So it’s only dancing that you two are good at. Just watch how I do it like a boss.” Jaera smiled with pride to herself.

“Like a child.” Sehun smiled and whispered to himself but enough for Jongin to hear.

Jongin is familiar with that look Sehun is giving to Jaera. It’s like the look he gives to his first crush who is two years older than him. But he isn’t sure if Sehun feels the same or it is just the way he looks at her that is alike.

“Waaa! I got the pair of plushies! Oh my, why am I so great?” she said frantically.

The two boys laughed at how the girl before them is jumping with excessive joy, feeling proud and praising herself. Just like what Sehun said, she’s just like a child.

“Are you really fourteen? You’re so loud and childish.” Sehun said with a serious face. But deep inside, he’s amazed. He likes this side of Jaera. Childish and lively.

But when she cries, it’s a different story. It’s not a normal scene when it’s Jaera who’s crying. She just can’t stop crying when she feels bad until her heart aches – literally.

Maybe that’s the reason why he feels so overprotective of Jaera.

*It’s because she’s a family, nothing more. She’s my cousin, even if not by blood, that’s why.* Sehun thought.

 

+++

 

“Can I have the other plushie? It’s a pair, right?” Sehun suddenly said, just to break the silence, while they’re on their way home.

It’s already dark. Only the two of them ride the bus because Jongin’s place is at a different direction.

Jaera is tired. She didn’t speak and just tossed one of the plushie to Sehun.

“You’re not speaking. This is new.” Sehun chuckled.

“Ahh I’m just tired… and sleepy… and tired.”

Sehun smiled, “Then sleep. You can use my shoulder, babe.”

“Stop that Jongin-ish act.” She let out a soft laugh. “By the way, what time is it?”

“9pm. Remind me to buy you a watch. I’ve never seen you with one before.” Sehun said.

“No, thanks. I don’t really like wearing a watch.”

“Why? Did you… have a traumatic experience because of a… watch?” Sehun asked unsurely.

“No. It just doesn’t feel right.” Jaera laughed sleepily. “It makes me conscious about time and it seems like time is flying so fast when I need it slow and slow when I wish it would run fast.”

“What?”

“Simply said, I just want my time to pass without me knowing. That way, I won’t feel tired waiting for something. You get it now?” Jaera asked looking straight at Sehun’s eyes.

She can’t read what Sehun’s thinking. Realizing how awkward the atmosphere became, she looked away. “If you don’t get it…”

“No. I got what you said.” Sehun interrupted.

With that, their conversation end. And Jaera end up sleeping on Sehun’s wide shoulder.