Please don't leave

Leader Maknae

 

 
Please don't leave us
 
Please don't leave us
 
Please don't leave us...
 
The phrase repeated itself in Leeteuks' mind, the leader sitting hunched over himself. His face was buried in his hands as he waited for visiting hours to be opened and the nurse to lead him down the dull white hallways of the hospital. He was forcing back tears as he felt a warm hand rest comfortingly against his shoulder and briefly looked upward, recognizing the face of Kyuhyun's nurse.
 
"You can come see him now." She spoke softly, her eyes glistening with sorrow and what seemed like hesitation. "But he's gotten worse. "
 
Leeteuks' loud groan soon busted into a hysterical sob as he collapsed to his knees.
 
"I'm begging you." He pleaded through hiccups and sniffles. "Save him, Please! I'll give him my blood, my kidney, what he needs! He just can't leave!" His cracked voice dropped down to a whisper. "Not yet…"
 
The nurse covered with a delicate looking hand, taking a deep breath before crouching down to be eye-level with him.
 
"I swear I'll do everything in my power to help Kyuhyun." She promised, her voice soothing like a mother speaking to an upset child. "Just stop crying and you can come see him. I can't let you disturb anyone else."
 
Leeteuk nodded and inhaled a shaky breath, rising to his feet and wiping away any remaining tears. His appearance was probably a mess, but he didn't care.
 
"Okay." He spoke quietly, refusing to meet the nurses eyes. "Let's go."
 
She nodded energetically, snatching up a nearby clipboard and leading him down the long, winding hallways. Leeteuk felt sick to his stomach as they kept going. He hated hospitals. He didn't mind them much before but now… He was here way too often.
 
"Kyuhyun." The nurses voice snapped him back to reality and Leeteuk violently pushed past her into the bare room. "You have a visitor."
 
The leader of one of the largest boy bands in Korea was frozen in his tracks, staring at one of the few people who meant more than the world to him in disbelief. Kyuhyun lay in the average hospital bed, needles hooked up to his wrist, a tube shoved down his throat, and his body wrapped in bandages. His skin was now pale as a sheet, frighteningly transparent even. Leeteuk couldn't believe what he was seeing. Just two days ago Kyuhyun was laughing and joking around, he looked perfectly fine. How could one accident do so much harm to only one person of five? Kyuhyun's slitted eyes blinked open a few moments after the nurse spoke, and taking note of Leeteuk he struggled to smile through the tube. Leeteuk didn't know what to do except smile halfheartedly back, but inside he wanted to break down and cry. He slowly approached Kyuhyun, reaching forward and grabbing his hand. The instinct to flinch was almost impossible to resist, but he kept still. Kyuhyun was so cold. It was like he wasn't even a living thing anymore.
 
"Park Jungsoo." The nurse, who had given him a couple minutes to adjust to the reality of the situation, tapped lightly on his shoulder. She gestured for him to come with her to the corner of the room , out of Kyuhyun's earshot. Leeteuk hesitantly agreed, reluctantly releasing Kyuhyun's hand and sulking over.
 
"As you can see, the damage that he took from the accident was no small amount." She inhaled deeply, meeting his eyes directly. "The doctor says the odds of Kyuhyun surviving are slim. I'm so sorry."
 
Leeteuk didn't respond, staring through the nurse at nothing.
 
"Okay." His voice was completely emotionless. "O…kay…?"
 
The nurse frowned at him worriedly before a buzz in her pocket indicated she was needed elsewhere. Glancing at him one last time, she hurriedly rushed from the room, shouting over her shoulder, "I'll be back as soon as I can!"
 
Leeteuk nodded before slowly turning back to where Kyuhyun stared at the ceiling, his eyes glazed over.
 
He's hallucinating again,
 
The leader realized before darting over, grabbing his hand.
 
"Kyuhyun?"
 
The brunet turned his eyes on him, a small smile picking at the corner of his lips.
 
"Kyuhyun… I love you so much you know that?" Leeteuk spoke softly, caressing his dongsaeng's frail hand. "And so does the rest of the group. Sorry, they didn't let all the others in here…"
 
He wrapped both hands protectively over Kyuhyuns', his vision blurring over with tears.
 
"I'm sorry this happened to you," He whispered. "I should have been the one in your position. I should have taken your place here." He shakily exhaled, shifting from foot to foot. "I promise I'm going to stay here with you until you make it through this. I know you will Kyuhyun. You have to. The doctors say you're going to be okay. I promise..."
 
He lied. He lied, he lied, and he lied. Leeteuk couldn't accept the truth. He couldn't lose Kyuhyun. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. And maybe if he lied to him, it would slowly become the truth. But it wouldn't. And in the back of his mind Leeteuk knew Kyuhyun was going to leave them. Leave him.