Chapter 1: Vienna Waits

Love Follows the Rain

 

Slow down you crazy child.
You're so ambitious for a juvenile. When will you realize, Vienna waits for you?
------
 
 
 
Sehun is a workaholic. He wakes up at four every morning, takes a strict ten minute shower, eats a bagel with cream cheese accompanied by a cup of french vanilla coffee and heads to the office at exactly 4:45.  After he leaves work at precisely 5:00 p.m., he goes home, cooks a quick meal and works even more. He works so much that it's a mystery how he still has work to do. 
 
Sehun is only 19, which makes him Olde Master's youngest general manager. He prides himself on that more than anything. 
 
He has very few friends, but the ones he still has he's known for years. It's probably why they can put up with him. Lately, though, his friends have been worrying. It's not healthy for someone to live like Sehun is living. That's why they have called for an intervention.
 
"Seriously, guys, I have work to do," Sehun pulls at the around his hands.
 
"How do you still have work to do?" Eun Bi, the sassy red head, asks, exasperated.
 
"I'm the general manager and the youngest one at that. People have very high expectations of me."
 
"Well, forget those expectations for one week," Suho nudges.
 
"What are you going on about?" Sehun wonders. "I am not taking off a week or a day or a minute!"
 
Kris, the big boss, holds Sehun and his shaking chair in place. "Sehun, I hate to have to do this because you are such a diligent worker, but you've been working here for two years. You have yet to take any vacation or sick days. Now, I've let it go up to this point because you're my dear friend, but enough is enough. You have to take at least a week off. It'll count for vacation days and you'll never have to do it again."
 
Sehun stares, wide eyed at the CEO. "Are you serious?"
 
"Yes," Kris, Suho and Eun Bi all answer simultaneously. 
 
Sehun ponders the thought of a vacation for a moment. It wouldn't be too bad. Plus, Sehun swore he saw a gray hair the other day. He lets out an overdue sigh. "Where are we going?"
-----
 
Vienna is the capital and largest city in Austria. It has many legacies including music. It is where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart spent a little less than a quarter of his life. In addition to this musical genius, Ludwig Beethoven also resided in Vienna some years later. 
 
These facts ultimately persuaded Sehun to join Suho, Kris and Eun Bi on their vacation. He's on his way to the airport in his 2013 Kia Soul. He lives a good forty-five minutes from the airport, but it's taking longer than expected. 
 
"Sehun, where are you?" Kris yells through the phone.
 
"I'm trying to find my way. I can barely see out of my window because of the rain and I don't even know what road I'm on," Sehun announces, panic arising in his voice.
 
"What are your surroundings?"
 
"Ummm...." Sehun squints at passing scenery. "There's a-" Sehun gets cut off by the screeching of his tires followed by a boom. His dashboard information is blinking, indicating a tire blow out.
 
He tries to call Kris again because the call dropped, but he has no service. After a few minutes of contemplating what to do, Sehun reaches for his umbrella in the back seat and decides to try and find some shelter. 
 
The umbrella is pointless. After walking against the rain for about three-quarters of a mile, Sehun is soaked and shivering. 
 
Just as Sehun is about to give up, he sees a small shed to his right. It's shabby, but there doesn't seem to be any holes and it's the only type of shelter available for miles. Sehun walks through the tall grass, shoes squishing in the mud, to the seemingly abandoned shed.
 
Inside, there's a lantern that seems to run on gas. Sehun twists the knob, watching the small flame burst up, lighting the shed. Sehun sighs and goes to sit down in the corner. 
 
Across from him, is a figure. Sehun immediately stands on his feet, holding his dropping stomach. He walks slowly to the dark shape and soon sees hair. A beautiful, honey blonde color. 
 
"Excuse me?" Sehun tries to grab the person's attention.
 
When the person slowly looks up, Sehun sees the face of a beautiful man. His face flawless, despite his tear stained cheeks, his lips perfectly curved to seduction and his eyes. There illuminated against the lantern. There's sorrow and fear in those big, doe eyes. It only makes Sehun want to do anything he can for this boy.
 
"What's your name?" Sehun asks softly, kneeling next the the man.
 
"Luhan," The other answers so softly and hoarse. 
 
"Do you have anywhere to go?"
 
Luhan shakes his head, avoiding eye contact with the male looming above him. He feels oddly attracted to this man. He feels safe. 
 
"Are you cold?" Sehun asks the shaking boy. 
 
"No," Luhan answers with a voice so smooth.
 
Sehun puts his hand to Luhan's forehead, scaring Luhan a little. "It's okay," Sehun assures. "I'm only checking to see if you have a fever."
 
"Do I?"
 
"A little," Sehun answers and pulls out his phone. He has one bar, miraculously, so he dials for a tow truck and tells them the coordinates of his car.
 
After the call, Sehun smiles softly at the staring boy. "You can stay with me for a little while."
 
"We don't even know each other," Luhan whispers.
 
"I'm trustworthy, I promise. It'll only be until you can find somewhere else to stay," Sehun stands and sticks out his hand to Luhan. 
 
Luhan hesitates. He's not sure what will happen if he goes. What if he finds out about Luhan? Then, surely he won't help him. Even still, something strong is pulling Luhan's soft hand to Sehun's. 
 
Helping Luhan up is difficult. Sehun can tell he's been crouched for a while. Luhan practically falls into Sehun's strong arms. They stay like that for what feels like years. The electricity pierces through each of them, giving off a sensation Luhan has never felt before. He's only ever read about it.
 
Sehun helps Luhan to his feet and starts to lead him back to his car. The rain has settled into a cool drizzle.
 
"What's your name?"
 
"Oh Sehun."
------
 
 
A/N: Hello! I'm really enjoying writing this story and I hope you are excited for it! Please tell me what you think of the first chapter and where you want to see the story go :)