Secrets?

We Got Married (hiatus)

Mei

 

I changed from a big t-shirt and shorts to another t-shirt and some sweats.  Chansung looked at me like I was crazy because it took me 15 minutes just to do so.  He waited by the door with a huge grin on his face like a little kid.  We decided to just walk to the mall because I think my manager took my car to go who knows where.  As we walked down the slope from the big white brick we lived in Chansung thought it'd be funny to get behind me and push me down the hill.  I screamed and pretended to fall, and, to my surprise, he caught me before I landed face first in gravel, dirt and what looked suspiciously like dog poop.  He freaked me out again when he literally threw me on his back and carried me down the hill.  He was going to fast I thought he'd drop me or that I'd slip off his back and we'd both eat gravel or something.

 

When we got to the mall I think he was exhausted so I made him sit on a bench while I got us both banana smoothies.  His eyes lit up and he sipped on it like a little kid would've.  I think we spent thirty minutes just sitting there not doing anything but drinking smoothies and making faces at each other.  I thought about how great this Chansung was and how much fun I had with him.  I didn't think anything could ruin this time.

 

--------------------------------

 

Narrator's POV

 

Mei and Chansung finished their lazy moment and then started to walk around the mall when she suggested that they go shopping for him instead of her.  As they walked through the mall, Mei thought she saw a girl staring at them or something.  She seemed to be following them.  Thinking it was one of Chansung's fans, she just brushed it off.  However, as they approached the store, the same girl popped out in front of them.

 

"CHANSUNG OPPA!!! I MISSED YOU!"  Mei could feel her eardrums bursting and everyone else's eyes moving over to the scene.  "YOU KNOW I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU FOR DAYS AND YOU HUNG UP ON ME LAST TIME AND MY TEXTS AND CALLS DON'T SEEM TO BE GOING TH---" she was cut off by Chansung.

 

"Yoona, do you not understand the two words stay and away?  I told you to just leave me alone... You'd think that such a smart girl like you would be able to understand that... But you don't so I'll say it again. Go away."  Chansung pushed her to the side and yanked at Mei's arm to come with because she couldn't move from shock.  Once they were inside the store Mei carefully moved away from him and pretended to look for clothes on the other side of the store. 

 

"Ehh, she'll get over it," Chansung thought as he let her do the work.  He lazed around and pretended to care while playing Fruit Ninja on his phone.  Before he knew it it had been almost 45 minutes.  He looked around the store but couldn't find Mei anywhere.  Then he felt a pile of something being placed on his head and his eyes were covered by something.  Feeling the top of his head, he felt some soft fabrics.   He heard a giggle from behind him and flipped around real fast before remembering that there was a shirt or something obstructing his view.  Pushing the clothes off his head and holding onto them, he felt himself being dragged into a dressing room and heard the door slamming, followed by more giggles coming from the other side.

 

He tried on the clothes one at a time, making sarcastic remarks about each item loud enough so Mei could hear him from the other side.  People walking by either thought that they were two weird people or that they were a cute couple.

 

"Does it take you that long to try on clothes?  My grandma goes faster than you!"  Mei joked.  He'd been in there for about ten minutes though, so he kind of deserved it.  Mei sat back down and decided to just relax for a second.  Thinking of things to reply back to Mr. Sarcastic with was quite tiring.  She spaced out, but then felt a bag being dropped on her head.  She grabbed it but then felt it being snatched from her before she had a chance to look inside of it. 

 

"Let's go, I'm getting bored." said Chansung before dragging her out of the store.  They ended up walking around the mall for an hour, with Mei threatening to make Chansung try on some lingerie when they passed a store of the sort.  They stopped at one of those adorable stores with the little stuffed animals and dolls that no one could resist, so they decided to go in for a visit.

 

"Channie, look at this!" Mei said, calling to him from the corner of the store while holding up a little monkey holding a bunch of bananas.  Chansung ran over to her because dhe called him by his nickname, which he never thought she would.  As he looked at the little monkey in her hands, he saw a ring that he hadn't seen her wear before.

 

"Where'd you get that?"  He asked.

 

"It's from China.  My caretaker gave it to me long ago," she said, suddenly looking a bit more glum than she had been a second ago.  'Huh, when'd I put this on>' she thought to herself.  'I should probably put it away again, the past is the past.."

 

Mei put a smile back on her face and went back to what she was doing.  Chansung looked at her and saw that the happy smile that had been on her face a moment ago now looked a bit forced.  He thought about it for a moment and realized that the ring must’ve been really important to her. 

 

Chansung was lost in thought when Mei came up behind him and asked to go home, saying that she wasn’t feeling well.  He decided to comply and they walked home in silence.  When they got home he decided to shower and she went to lay down in the room.  Chansung realized that he had forgotten to get clothes and crept out into the hall to go get some from the room.  He heard noises from inside and heard Mei sniffing while shoving something into her bag.

“How’d we end up like this?...” she muttered.

-----------------

 Sorry for making you wait, I'll have chapter seven up soon and the preview for the attaching story soon after.  Thanks for reading! <3