Do you remember?

Do You Remember?

 

 

Do you remember the first time we met? We are 10 years old that time. You looked so happy after knowing my name. You showed me your angelic smile and I really like it. Then from that time we became friends. We always go to school together even though your house is in opposite direction from mine. You're always looking forward to see me everyday, talking to me and that smile of yours serves as my lucky charm to survive the day. I am really happy whenever I'm with you.

Do you still remember what happened during High School? You forced you parents to be in the same school with me. You cried a lot then your parents let you do what you want. You run towards me and smile while tears are still in your eyes. You were so happy that day. We still go to school together and you still stick to me whenever I go. You even said that you want to be with me forever and not forget about each other no matter what happens. I sometimes feel annoyed but how can I get mad at you when you look so adorable? I'm starting to feel something weird inside me, do you even notice that? 


***
Then one day, Hae told me a great big news, great for him but NOT for me. He said he confessed to the girl he like and she accepted him. I was really hurt, I didn't even know that he have someone he like. I faked a smile, afraid that he will notice I'm not fine at all. Everyday, Hae talk about her and the things they did together. Do you even know that my heart is breaking into pieces almost everyday when you talk about her?

I was really hurt. So I decided to move on and forget the feelings I have for him. I'm tired of crying every night and faking a smile to hide my pain. I decided to avoid him hoping he will not notice it, but luck isn't with me. Hae notice that I was avoiding him, he asked me what's wrong and I told him I was alright. I lied. I'm not really fine and never will.

Summer break comes, I used that to avoid Hae. I told him I was going to spend it in my grandparents house. He want to come with me but I refuse, I used his girlfriend as an excuse. I wasn't really going to my grandparents house. The truth is, I decided to change school abroad and I don't want him to know about it.

Two years had passed. I manage to live my life without Hae beside me. But I always feel that something is missing.Something inside me is empty. My mom keeps telling me that he always go to my house. He was really shocked after knowing that I change school. My mom and his mom were really worried about Hae, because ever since the day I left, he was crying almost every night and he don't want to eat. Knowing it makes me feel guilty. I really want to see him and tell what what I feel towards him, but I'm not ready yet.

Then one day, I received a mail coming from Hae. Asking me where I am, if I'm alright, and a lot more. He said, he really missed me and he want to see me.I was crying while reading his mail. Then something caught my eye while reading his letter. Hae said he broke up with his girlfriend, and it is all because of me. Wait, why? Me?! That was the first and last mail I received from Hae.

After 5 years, I decided to come home. I already finished my study and got myself a business. I am really excited to see Hae again, especially now that I decided to tell him everything. My parents were really surprised to see me after all this years. I told them everything that happened. I even told them about my feelings for Hae. I asked them how is he then their happy faces turns to sad and worried. I decided to go to his place, his parents were really happy to see me too and they told me that they already know what I feel towards their son. I asked them where he is and then their expression suddenly change just like what my parents did.

Their expressions made me worried sick. I went directly to his room and saw him sulking in one corner, knees on his chest, head on his arms. I noticed his room was in chaos. I went near him and hugged him tight. Hae look at me and his eyes were red. He smiled and I was happy to see that again. I hugged him again and tears starts to flow. I feel sorry for what I did and feel thankful because he were alright. That's what I thought. Hae hugged me back and whispered something. It really shocked me. It feels like my world begun to shatter after hearing those words. I look at him without letting him go. My tears flow even more. My heart tightens as he look at me and asked me again...



"...who are you?"