Someday (SeoYeol)

SEOEXO story collection

Someday

“Hey.”

Chanyeol smiled softly, to see an angelic figure who sat next to him. “You’re a jerk, giant.” she said, a frown can be seen on her face.

He didn’t reply, just let out a small chuckle.

Seohyun sighed, before she took Chanyeol’s wide palm on hers. There was a mark on his left wrist – He cut his left wrist few days ago and was found passed out in his apartment’s couch with blood stained his arm.

She bit her lower lip, before she forced herself to lift her face up to see Chanyeol’s pale face. “You are wrong, I care about you.” she said, judging from her serious stare he knew that she was worried.

There were a lot things that Chanyeol can say about her eyes. Her angelic eyes hid a lot of mystery – that he’ll never know to whom her stare was directed to. Clearly not him anymore.

“I hate my life.” he said. Quite a short sentence, but it described his exact condition completely.

Chanyeol squeezed the hospital’s bedcover, his mind kept on playing some random memories.

People were always like that, they chose to keep silent. Some can cure a wound, but people can’t cure a wounded heart. Those kind of wounds are cannot be seen, and people do not believe what they can not see. Behind his billion dollar smile, there was an invisible slice within his heart.

“Do you know what kind of dumb you are? I heard that you have decided to transfer to another school this week. I know I’m not one of your closest friend that you can share your problem to. But I care to you. I have had enough of those people who used to be my close friends but they decided to commit suicide in the end.” Seohyun said angrily.

Still no reply can be heard from Chanyeol, he kept gazing into her eyes expressionlessly. “I know I can do nothing to stop you from moving to another school, just, don’t forget about me. Come to me whenever you feel like canceling the plan. Remember, I am here for you, giant.”

She was busy removing her tears which were falling rapidly on her marble cheek. He stayed still, didn’t move from the hospital’s bed. He didn’t bother to cup her cheek and remove her tears using his thumb like a gentleman always do. It wasn’t like he hated her for being involved in his life.

But he was afraid, he was afraid to touch her. He was afraid even to look at her. He was afraid to love her. Because he’s had enough of his trouble, he did not want to involve her in his problem. And he knew that it will hurt him more. But he didn’t mind it at all.

Because he loved her, in sincerity.

“You know, it has been a while we didn’t talk.” Chanyeol finally spoke. “It’s funny how you never miss any class of school but you never talk to anyone.”

“I only talk to my boyfriend and some friends.” she replied in a low tone.

Right, she had a boyfriend. Chanyeol didn’t forget the fact that there was someone else who owns her. That guy was very lucky, Chanyeol hoped that guy won’t waste his precious chance to take care of the girl that he fell for since long time ago.

He faked a smile, his heart ached. “I, see.”

“Hey shorty, do you remember when we used to talk in weird accent? You need to help me to fix my Chinese or I’m screwed when my uncle Benben comes next month.” Chanyeol said, his face looked brighter than ever. “Yeah, I think your Chinese needs to be fixed.” Seohyun chuckled, her eyes formed into an eyesmile which always got Chanyeol amazed.

At least, she cared for him. At least, he knew that she will be there for him. It doesn’t matter if she was owned already, love doesn’t mean we have to own the one that we love’s heart. Perhaps someday, there will be a chance for him. And perhaps, she’ll return his feelings.

.

.

.

“My wrist hurts.”

“That’s why you shouldn’t cut yourself. Are you alright now?”

“Yeah, I was stupid.”

The End