Arranged Marriage (SeoHo)

SEOEXO story collection

Seohyun kept frowning. There she was, looking at her own reflection as the stylist fixing her hair. It's freaking 21st century and her parents forced her to agree with something called "arranged marriage." Very outdated, isn't it?

She did not have a boyfriend, and she was not the rush type. She was 21 and it was the perfect time for a lady like her to find her love. But her parents kept insisting to arrange a marriage. Of course with a rich family too. In short term, they did not want an outsider.

The stylist finished her job. She bowed and left Seohyun alone. Her butler came in and offered to assist her down. She sighed and nod in agreement, though her inner says no.

"There we go, my beautiful daughter." Mr Seo announced proudly as Seohyun walked down from her room. Being rich doesn't mean live happily ever after, she thought. She spent almost of her entire life being a good daughter, but this time, she was going to rebel.

"Seohyun, have a sit." her mother hissed. Seohyun kept looking down, did not even bother to look at her future husband.

"No. I don't want to get married!" she yelled and walk away, leaving the two family shocked and dumbfounded. "Aish, that girl." Mr Seo was about to catch her but someone stopped him. "Wait a minute, sir. I'll talk to her." said a young gentlemen.

Seohyun sat on the bench, in her lovely garden. She kept sobbing, that arranged marriage was just stupid! Why can't her parents let her to have her own choice? She thought to herself.

"What a young and beautiful lady like you doing here?" a guy approached her. Seohyun wiped her tears, that guy dressed in his white suit. "May I sit next to you?" he asked again. She nodded and move a bit, so he can have some space.

"You haven't answer my question yet, miss..."

"Seohyun." she said, trying to look strong. "And it's none of your business, sir." she added coldly. That guy chuckled, even his laugh was so alluring. "What's so funny?" Seohyun felt a little bit irritated.

He shook his head "Nothing. Well if you want to share something, I am here." he said, smiling. Seohyun stared at him, his angelic smile and gentle attitude attracts her. Too bad she had never seen him before.

"I.. am stuck in an arranged marriage." she spoke out eventually. "I don't want this happen, like seriously, it's the 21st century!" she blurted out. He nodded "What makes you think this marriage won't work out?"

Seohyun shook her head "Because I've met lots of rich people and most of them were spoiled brat. I don't want to marry that kind of guy." her tears rolled down her cheeks. "Life is so unfair."

He cupped her cheeks and removed her tears using his thumb. "Don't say that. You're still lucky and there are a lot people wishing to be in your spot."

"I know but I've spent my entire life to be a good daughter. I want to be free to pick my choice, at least once." she cried loudly again. He sighed and put her head on his shoulder, letting her crying her heart out.

After a while, Seohyun stopped crying. As soon as she realized that she cried on that stranger's shirt, she became panic. "I'm so sorry. Your shirt is now dirty because of me! Let me clean it for you." she grabbed a sheet of tissue from her pocket but he refused it. "It's okay." he said, half chuckling at how naive the girl that sit next to him.

"But still.." Seohyun pouted. "What's your name?"

"Kim Joonmyun." and Seohyun felt a bang on her chest. She turned and looked at Joonmyun who was now chuckling. "Kim Joonmyun? M-my soon-to-be husband?" she stuttered. Joonmyun nodded "The one and only."

Seohyun looked down, embarrassed. The male kept chuckling, making her more embarrassed. "Stop laughing!" she yelled and punch his chest lightly. "Well this spoiled brat is going to marry you." he . Seohyun's face became reddened. Apparently, an arranged marriage wasn't that bad.

The End.