Feelings That Are Bottled Up (XiuSeo)

SEOEXO story collection

Seohyun looked at the mirror, a beautiful lady in white wedding dress - herself. Her long beautiful finger combed her long silky hair. She didn't know what's got into her - she agreed to an arranged marriage that her parents settled up. She was confused, whether to feel happy or sad, today was her marriage day. She was supposed to be happy - Seohyun thought.

He was the only one, for his name had etched on her heart. Seohyun bit her lower lip, if only she run and against the marriage - she regretted her decision. She wanted him to be her groom, she wanted to walk to the altar with him, instead of the man that her family has decided.

Her room's door opened, revealing a young man in his black suit. The gentlemen approached her, his smile still on his face which made her hurt even more. Seohyun still forced a smile, lucky he didn't notice her. "You look beautiful." escaped from Xiumin's lips.

Seohyun smiled and threw her attention toward the mirror, she can see herself with Xiumin. "Thanks."

His heart was now in dilemma, he should be happy right now. He didn't understand, why is it hurt so much to realize the fact that his bestfriend married to another man? Seohyun was his bestfriend afterall, and bestfriend supposed to support each other. Xiumin was just afraid, he can't deny that his feeling started to develop for Seohyun but he was just confused to make sure whether this is love or not.

Seohyun stood up and fix her gown once again, she couldn't deny but she already had feelings for Xiumin. Why must she fall for him this hard? Who is she to him? A bestfriend? Seohyun kept questioning herself. She glanced at Xiumin, none of them dare to say a word. Both understands each other's situation - Seohyun as a daughter of the owner of the place where Xiumin worked, which means his chance to get her less than zero.

Seohyun started to tear up as she stared into Xiumin's eyes, right into his soul, hoping he would see her sincerity. Xiumin felt that too, he can see her sadness because he felt the same way - which made him broken even more and more. He took a step closer, cupped Seohyun's cheek and remove her tears using his thumb.

"A bride shouldn't cry on her wedding day." he let out a nervous chuckle. Seohyun looked down, staring on her gown's lower lace. "What makes you sad, Joohyun-ah?" he questioned her.

'Everything.' that's what she wanted to say, but another sentence escaped. "I guess I'm just afraid."

"What makes you afraid? Remember that you have me, alright?" Xiumin pulled her into an embrace. Seohyun trying to calm herself, trying not to breakdown on his embrace, as her nose smelling his masculine cologne.

'No, Minseok. I can't have you anymore. I will lose you, we can't be together again.' Seohyun thought to herself. She burst into tears, crying her heart out, realizing she will never see Xiumin anymore. Xiumin can't do anything but to rub her back, he was hurt as well but what to do?

Seohyun walked to the altar graciously, her arm intertwined with Yixing's. The priest started the speech, while Seohyun couldn't take her eyes off of Xiumin. 'You will never be with him, Joohyun. Never. Your husband is Zhang Yixing, he is meant to be with you.' she thought to herself.

"Yes, I do." Seohyun said after the priest stopped his speech. "You may now kiss your bride." Yixing took a step closer, cupped Seohyun's cheek and lean for a kiss. Seohyun closed her eyes, a tear escaped from her eyes but nobody realized.

People left the church already, but only Xiumin lingered on his seat. He walked toward Jesus' sculpture and shut his eyes, he grip his hand and started to pray, as another tear walking down on his cheeks. "Father, if this is the best for us, please give them my blessing." he prayed, his tears started to fall again, he cried in front of Jesus' sculpture, regretting his decision to let go of her, the woman that he loved. He realized it, that he was madly in love but too late to admit it.

The end.