That Should be Me (SeoHun)

SEOEXO story collection

That Should be Me.

That accident.

Sehun shut his eyes, trying to get rid of those guilty thought.

He can perfectly remember how the truck crashed onto her tiny body right in front of him. He can perfectly remember how blood was streaming down her forehead, staining her white dress.

And right when she shut her eyes, losing her consciousness.

The sound of heartbeat detector filling the silence, Sehun sighed for the nth time. There she was, lying on the bed lifelessly, with some medical devices attached onto her – they’ll help Seohyun to keep alive, according to the nurse who left the room few moments ago.

He trembled as his index finger touch hers which were paler than him. Cold, she was very cold, eventhough a thick blanket covered almost her whole body.

“Seohyun.” he mumbled softly.

The door was opened, Sehun was taken aback of the sound of someone’s step. A familiar person, to Sehun, nor Seohyun.

“Oh Sehun, what are you doing in my bestfriend’s room? I thought you’re not supposed to be here.” Luhan greeted him cynically, not even a proper greet.

Sehun knew it, that actually Luhan always had a thing for Seohyun. Just, he was a lot better at hiding it than Sehun, who made it too obvious. But it doesn’t matter, Sehun was Seohyun’s fiance after all.

“I am her fiance, hyung. I hope you didn’t forget the fact that we were engaged last Saturday. Is there something wrong with visiting my fiance?” Sehun replied with a smirk on his face. Luhan chuckled sarcastically “Well, basically you’re right. But to me, you’re a murderer.”

Sehun frowned “You’re talking as if I killed Seohyun. She’s alive, hyung. She’s breathing.”

The older smirked. “Oh really? If you weren’t that careless, perhaps she’ll be on the way to the class today.” Luhan crossed his arms.

“Oh, really? You’re blaming me?”

Then suddenly their fight was interrupted by Jessica’s coming, along with Kris. “Shut up you two. Blaming each other will not change anything. If you want to fight, go.” Jessica said as she glared to the two.

 “Fine, I just want to make sure that this murderer won’t do anything suspicious to Seohyun.” Luhan rolled his eyes. Sehun was about to punch Luhan if only Kris didn’t stop him. “Who do you think I am? Do you think I’m crazy enough to kill my own fiance?”

Kris pushed Sehun’s chest slowly. “Shh. Be mature Sehun.”

“Look! Look at Seobaby’s index finger!” Jessica shouted. Seohyun’s index finger struggling to move, her eyes were stuttered to open. The three waste no time and ran to Seohyun, gathering around her.

Seohyun found a lot faces around her, but in blurry vision. She blinked once again to make everything clearer. She struggled to find her voice “J-jessica u-unnie?” she said huskily.

Jessica’s eyes widened, as a single tear escaped from her eyes. “Seobaby? Oh my god you’re awake! You’re awake!” she said happily, as she hugged Kris who stood next to her.

Seohyun smiled weakly. “K-kris oppa, Jessica u-unnie, and...” Seohyun stopped when she saw Luhan and Sehun. “Who are you?” Seohyun pointed at Sehun.

Sehun pointed at himself in disbelief. “You don’t know me? H-how?” he asked, his body was trembling. Seohyun shook her head. “So far I know, Jessica unnie is my cousin. Kris oppa is Jessica unnie’s boyfriend. And you....” she glanced at Luhan. “You’re my boyfriend, right?”

Luhan’s eyes widened “M-me? Your boyfriend?” he looked at Sehun in disbelief.

****

Sehun sighed as he leaned his back on the wall, few moments later Luhan came out from the doctor’s room with a thick brown envelope on his hand.

“How’s the result?” Sehun asked curiously. Luhan shook his head “The doctor says that it takes time to recover her memory, or perhaps she’ll never remember you anymore. In this case, someone will forget their closest person. But it’s weird that she claimed me as her boyfriend.”

Luhan gazed at Sehun “I-”

Sehun tapped Luhan’s back. “It’s okay hyung. Seems like you have to pretend that you’re her boyfriend. Just for a while until she can recover her memory.” he faked a smile. Luhan looked at him in disbelief “But, she’s your fiance for God’s sake! I can’t-” Sehun cut Luhan’s speech. ”No, hyung, you can. Please do it for me. You have to do it.”

Luhan nodded, there was a guilty feeling within his heart.

As time goes on, slowly, Seohyun started to have feelings toward Luhan. Sehun can do nothing about it, he can only watch them from afar, waiting for miracle that perhaps someday she’ll remember him. Luhan himself, he was so happy that finally she returns his feeling, eventhough he felt bad for Sehun.

Seohyun walked to the altar, like a goddess in white dress. With a smile drew on her face, she entertwined her arm with Luhan’s. The preacher started the speech, as the silence took over the entire church.

“Yes, I do.” Seohyun said.

“You may now kiss your bride.” the preacher said.

Gently, Luhan cupped Seohyun’s cheek, and lean over to her lips. He smiled as his lips touched hers, not realizing Sehun’s presence who watched the scene. Sehun bit his lips, his heart ached so bad.

“The groom should be you.” Jessica whispered.

Sehun nodded, as he smiled bitterly. “Since when you’re here, noona?” he tried to make a joke, but Jessica looked at him pityingly. Sehun giggled, as he lifted up his face and showed a fake happy face to Jessica. “I’m happy just by seeing her happy, noona.”

And the sky became brighter, showing its happy smile.

The End