Tuesday

Seven Days

The sun was staying proudly in the sky. The weather was pretty hot that afternoon. But the summer breeze still wanted to sneak out, swept the leaves to having dance underneath the sunshine. Taec Yeon was with his cousin Nich Khun. They were wandering around Seoul, visited some places also enjoying the scenery. Then they stopped by coffee shop they used to visit when Taec Yeon was in Korea. He sat on his fave bench, facing the main entrance, while Nich Khun sat accross to him.

“i think we need to go to amusement park sometimes.” Nich Khun said then sipped his coffee, accross to him, Taec Yeon chuckled while stirred his coffee after added two tea spoon full of sugar.

“are you kidding me? Hey, don’t you remember your age? You are too old for that kind of stuff.”

“you are also old enough for that!”

“yeah, i know” he sipped his coffee.

“look, we need to have fun before you comeback to the State. You know that i always have time to have fun, but look at you, Taec. Once you get to work, you won’t have time to enjoy your summer break.” Nich Khun sent pieces of french fries into his mouth, in the other side, Taec Yeon looked so serious.

“what do you mean?”

“come on! You’ve worked so hard lately. You definitely need to move on, chill out son. You will find someone better than her.”

Taec Yeon was in silent for a while. Suddenly his hearth ached because of those lines. “i didn’t worked so hard. I did have lot job to do.”

“it has same meaning!” then Nich Khun scanned the menu to order another snack. He stopped then tapped his chin, “hmm i got an idea.” Taec Yeon blinked at him cluelessly. “ i suggest you to have a blind date.”

“what?!” Taec Yeon kicked Khun’s leg, the other one cringed because of the ache. Then rubbed his leg to reduce the pain.

“i think it’s a good idea, you need someone to move on.”

“Yah! Don’t approach someone to forget about another one, it won’t work.”

Nich Khun threw his gaze to the menu book that had been abandoned then scanned it again. While Taec Yeon was looking at the outside of window frame, his mind was not in the same place as his well built body at the moment. His mind suddenly snapped a figure who was very familiar. His ex girlfriend. She cheated on him with his friend. He always had missheard about her and his firend that they had an affair, but he tought maybe it was a rumor. But then he cursed his foolness after caught them in the elevator in her appartement building. They were having hands job when Taec Yeon stood in front of elevator door that opened for him in late night. They had been live in her flat right after they dated. But after that insident, Taec Yeon decided to move out and lived in another town to avoid her. He shook his head to erase that figure who only gave him heartache everytime he remembered about her.

The bell on the main entrance jingled when someone opened the door and stepped in.  It was a fine young lady with long dark hair. Her wavy hair was glowing when the sunshine hit it. Slender body with fine curve in her front also her side headed to counter. She patted her chin while read the menu on the chalkboard bellow the ceiling. That creature had captured Taec Yeon’s attention, it could be seen from his eyes that had been glued to her. Nich Khun was about to stood up from his seat to order another snack, noticed his cousin’s different gaze. He leaned back, places his arms in each arms of his chair, then folded his hands. Taec Yeon followed her movements, curious about her define look. She headed to the table next to the window, looked like she had her two friends who had been waited for her. She sat on the chair that give a good access to the boys to scanned her face clearly. She chatted with her friends then smiled even laughed. She had thin lips that shaped into curve. Her eyelid hid her eyes, everytime she laughed, her eyes also smiled. It called smiling eyes. She also had thin and long fingers that placed on her cheeks. Her timer vibrated then she headed to the counter to take her order. Taec Yeon’s eyes was still glued to her. Noticed that unusual thing, Nich Khun leaned closer then whisper.

“aaah... so, she was the reason you disagree with my idea.”

Taec Yeon blinked his eyes then looked back at Nich Khun, “what do you mean?”

“you had something behind my back, Son. I catch you! Tell me, who is she.” He placed his elbow to the edge of the table then folded his arm while threw smirk to the older.

“i don’t know her.” Taec Yeon replied lazily then sipped his coffee.

“liar!” Nich Khun sent a pierce gaze, “i will asked her then.”

Taec Yeon’s eyes widened so that his eyeballs almost fell from its caves. “i’d leave if you headed to her.”

“okay~ my eyes saw that you two had met before. Am i right?”

Taec Yeon remained in silent. His eyes caught her figure from the right edge of his eyes. Her figure really controled his eyes. His gaze caught her long fingers then his mind still remember how small and soft her hand was when they had handshake the day before. Then he slighty smiled.

“what’s her name?”

“Son Hee Kyung.”

“I know that you knew it!” Khun snapped then leaned on his back, ”so, what’s her number?”

“i had no number of her yet.” He sighed, placed his arms onto the edge of table then rubbed his temple.

“look at you! You were not this slow.” Khun scrathed the back of his head.

Taec Yeon tapped the cup in front of him. Should he approach her then get to know her or just learning her from her Facebook profile. His mind told him that she must be had known more thing than his name. It was kind of weird that she could remember a stranger’s name also face from social media that easy who never met up each other. He even didn’t remember whether he had an interaction with her before.

Taec Yeon sighed then looked back at Nich Khun. While Nich Khun gave him a pierce gaze then smirked. Taec Yeon sighed then stood up, he was about to headed to her seat. The other one was anticipacing his cousin’s action, he rubbed his palms in excitement. But suddenly the girls group left the bench and headed to the main entrance. They walked down to the alley while chatting and laughing. Taec Yeon froze in his place but his cousin laughed so hard so that he almost fell from his seat.

“son, you are very cool,” he laughed again. The older one felt ashamed, the red blushed on his cheeks was clearly described it enough. Taec Yeon sat back to his seat then rubbed his face.