Face to Face.

it was to be.

Face to Face



“Business talks. Meetings. Expensive meals. Late nights with y babes. Is that all that rich people do?” taecyeon muttered as he slouched down in the car seat.

wooyoung snorted, “Of course. What else do you expect them to do? Exercise?”

It was already three in the morning. And there was still no sign of their target stepping out of the nightclub.

taec yawned, “I am going to doze off any minute now.”
wooyoung sighed, “No time for that.” he said as the familiar figure stepped out.

wooyoung started the engine and slowly followed behind.

They watched as he stepped into a dark alley.

taecyeon gave wooyoung a brief nod and got out of the car. he stepped gingerly into the dark alley, following as closely as possible.

“What’s he doing in such a dark alley?” taecyeon muttered underneath his breath as they stepped deeper and deeper into the murky place.

The ground was wet with muddy water and the pipes at both sides were dirty and some even broken. Fungus grew on the walls and there was a stinky smell spreading into his nose.

It was all out of a sudden when the man turned around.

taecyeon stopped in his track, knowing that he had been discovered.

he peeped from behind the wall, it was too dark and he was too far away to see clearly. But he could see that it was masked.

taecyeon heart pounded against his chest, he was not their target.

taecyeon did not dare to breath as he walked towards him. he wanted to run, but he's curious as who the masked man is. And as a policeman, it was a must for him to get to the bottom of things.

he stared as he rounded the corner, standing right in front of him.

“Stupid.” He said as he raised his gun to taec forehead.

It became clear to him who he was.

he wanted to reach out and pull out his mask. To arrest him and make him pay for all his crimes.

But taecyeon knew he could not. A light tap of his finger, and he would be gone.

as taecyeon closed his eyes, waiting for death to come. But seconds past and he was still standing there, beads of cold sweat dripping down from his forehead.

as taecyeon opened his eyes to meet his. They were cold, and dark. Hollow even. Not a hint of feeling could be detected from them.

And the next thing he knows, he felt a sharp pain on his head and the world turned black...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ok taecyeon...” nichkhun called out as his eyes fluttered open.

taecyeon reached out to feel his bandaged head. It hurt like hell.

“Are you all right?” nichkhun asked in concern.

taecyeon looked around to see familiar faces. All looking worried.

he nodded his head, but then grimaced as a sharp pain shot through.

“What happened to me?” he asked.

wooyoung shrugged, “You were gone for a long while, so I got some of the others to look for you. You were already lying unconscious when we got there.”

“What happened?” nichkhun asked gently, as he passed him a cup of warm water.

“I saw him.” taecyeon said as he clenched onto the glass tightly.

“Him?” nichkhun asked.

taec nodded, “The killer.”

“How do you know it’s him?” Chansung asked.

A tense atmosphere filled the room. Finally, there was some sort of lead coming out.

“He pointed a gun at me.”

“Did you see his face?” nichkhun asked, his heart aching for taecyeon for having to go through such an ordeal.

taecyeon shook his head, “He was wearing a mask.”

Disappointed faces could be seen. But then again, giving the killer’s high intelligence and cautiousness, they should have expected it.

“Wait.” taecyeon said suddenly, “What happened to our target?”

The rest looked at each other in despair.

“He was found dead in the pub’s toilet.” nichkhun broke the news to him.

taecyeon closed his eyes in frustrations. he could not believe it. They killer just managed to escape right beneath their nose.

On top of that, he had been right in front of him. If he had been more careful... More intelligent... he could have gotten him... But he had allowed him to escape scout free, to take lives of even more people.

nichkhun patted his shoulder, “ yah Don’t blame yourself, all right?”

taecyeon looked up to see nichkhun tender smile.

“Have a good rest. We will come up with a new plan soon.”
 


tbc.

 

Hope you guys are still reading my story!

do leave comments! thanks =)



--