On Rainy Days

On Rainy Days

 

You sat in the bus next stop quietly as the sky turned dark. You were so upset thinking of someone that you didn’t want to be separated with. The rain quietly fell, watering this earth rapidly. For the reason you didn’t enjoy the rain that always you liked. But now, on this rainy day, your life became dark. You lost your beloved one. You had broken up with him.

“Don’t you know why I want to break up with you?” he asked you seriously, looking at your deep eyes.

“W… why?” you stuttered trying to look away from his eyes.

“I’m getting bored to have a relationship with you. I always try to be patient with your manner. You are the jealousy girlfriend I know. You always keep your eyes on me.. you didn’t allow me to chat with other girls. They are my friends.” He explained with high tone which made you felt guilty.

You were so speechless hearing his explanation. For the last one year you had the relationship with him. You knew that you kept your eyes on him. How could you be patient seeing your boyfriend was so close with other girls that you didn’t know?

He always says that they were only his friends. Who knew? You knew that you were only an ordinary girl, you weren’t so pretty, you weren’t so smart, you weren’t so rich. Maybe there was no boy interested on you.

And them.. those other girls… they had everything they wanted. They were so beautiful. They were rich as well. No one could resist them. Many boys shouted their names when they were around those boys. It was like fanboys screamed to their perfect idols.

“We are OVER.” He emphasized the word ‘OVER’ to you and walked away leaving you there.

Your eyes started watery, you couldn’t hold your tears anymore.. it was really hurt.. it stabbed your heart

*Flashback*

“___ah, I love you for who you are, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked you while was holding your hand seriously.

Your heart beat faster, it’s like your heart would jump out from your body. It was a dream?

“Dongwoon-ah, I…..”

“___ah, do you love me?” asked him again, just wanted to make sure what you felt.

You knew that you loved him, you really did love him. His everything made you loved him.

2 years.. for 2 years..  you kept that feeling inside of your heart, not allowing anyone knew about it. You thought that you would be embarrassed if anyone knew it, because Dongwoon was the boy that every girl wanted to date with. And you, you were Lee___, just the way you are..

But now, it was different. The one you loved, Son Dongwoon confessed his feeling towards you. You two loved each other. So what’s the reason you kept your feeling right?

“I do.. I love you too, Dongwoon.”

Although you felt a little bit worried for your relationship, you were so happy, he had the same feeling to you.

Was it possible to have a relationship with him? You were afraid if one day he would break you up. He could betray you when he found the other girl that’s more attractive than you.

*end of flashback*

 

The rain didn’t want to stop you only could see his back from far. Now, there was no path for you to return everything. You were so regretting for being jealousy girlfriend. You knew it was the end. You also knew it was all just foolishness of yours. You couldn’t get out from thought of him.

You shed your tears, being a brave girl. You sighed, realizing that you couldn’t return everything you did.

“When the rain starts to stop, I will slowly, little by little, stop it as well.” You promised to yourself.

“___ah, are you alright? Why are you here?” asked Hyuna, the one of the girls that’s so close with your ex-boyfriend, Dongwoon. She stood up in front of you while was holding her green umbrella.

“Are you okay?” the other girl asked you, Soohyun.

Those girls ever made you to be jealous when they were around with Dongwoon.

Yeah.. you knew that they weren’t mistaken. They were only his friend right? It was your fault after all.

“I’m okay, don’t worry. I have to go. I’m sorry.” You answered them, tried to smile like nothing happened.

“Okay, be careful___ eonni. “ Soohyun told you and waved her hands happily.

See? They were so kind to you right? So what is the problem?

You walked slowly. The rain stopped and you had to keep your promise. You would stop this feeling even you didn’t want to.

You kept your feet to walk wherever it went. You would still laugh since you were the one without the strength to stop you.

“For the last time, I love you, Dongwoon” you mumbled and promised it was the last time you said it.

-end-

 

_Jasmine16