Mischeif

Kim Himchan. Con Artist.

 

Yongguk sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, seated uncomfortably in Himchan's dimly lit apartment. That's not to say that the host had insufficient lighting all the time-- he only refused to turn any of the lamps on; using candles instead. He insisted to his guest that is was for 'aromatherapy' and that he had a 'headache' anyway, so lights bothered him.
 
"Why did you call me here, Himchan?" the question was more like an accusation coming from such a sharp, annoyed tongue.
 
The man in question ignored the inquiry and pouted exaggeratedly. "Why don't you call me Channie, like you used to?" he was like a serpent, in the way he moved toward the other male. He seemed to slither right into Yongguk's lap, wrapping his arms around his victim's neck.
 
Yongguk sighed, knowing that it was always this way with Himchan, even when they were still together and before that, as well. If he wanted something, you had better believe he would get it. Nothing could distract him from the task at hand.
 
"Maybe it has to do with the fact that you slept with my twin brother while we were dating."
 
Himchan looked honestly shocked. Normally Yongguk wasn't so blunt, especially not to him. And he hadn't mentioned that night since just then-- that night. There was something very off about today, at least for Himchan. Perhaps it was all a dream, and he would wake up to his cat his nose, as always. 
 
But his cat had been dead for months and the only type of dream Yongguk would be in
would be either a wet one or a nightmare.
 
"I'm not here to play your games, Kim Himchan. Just tell me what you want."
 
The pouty man sighed and dropped his act, sliding off the other's lap in defeat, opting to take a seat beside him instead. "I want information."
 
Himchan didn't miss the smirk that hit Yongguk's lips. "About whom?"
 
Yongguk knew his former partner better than anyone did. He had a target in mind, and he liked to know as much information as possible about them before he planned his next move. And that's where he came in. Yongguk knew everything about everyone. Ask him about a person, and he could tell you anything from their birthday to which stores they frequented.
 
That's why they had made such a lovely pair, back then. Bonnie and Clyde. Thelma and Louise. Abbott and Costello. Yongguk had all the know-how and information and Himchan had the drive to succeed.
 
But-- and Yongguk had learned this the hard way-- you can't trust someone like Himchan. The man couldn't tell the truth if God himself were standing before him. He didn't know why he thought that would change when they started dating. The only thing he did know was that the moment he slept with Himchan, his career was effectively over.
 
Because giving in to Himchan once means that he's got you wrapped around his finger forever.
 
"I don't know his name..." Himchan sighed. "But you've done more with less, right, Guk?" And, again, Himchan was all hands and pouty lips. "Please tell me you can get me /something/."
 
Yongguk breathed air through his nose and rubbed his temples lightly. Why couldn't he say no to this leech? "What do you know?"
 
A satisfied smirk played across the younger man's lips as he fiddled with the collar of Yongguk's shirt. "He was over six-foot tall, but said he was seventeen. Although, he looked like he was still in middle school; despite his height."
 
"I'm gonna need more than that, Himchan."
 
And exasperated sigh was thrown in the air. "I don' know! His hair was dyed blond and blue!" he paused to think before giving up and just ranting over the situation. "The nerve of that kid! He stole my watch, you know the one you gave me. Then he put on this act that he was some stuttering, blushing school boy. I mean, the kid was seventeen. Seventeen! And he's going around stealing things?"
he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest "What is the world coming to?"
 
Yongguk simply sat there, looking on with amusement. "I seem to recall you, at fourteen years old, tricking old women into baking you cookies because you were always 'punished' for 'no reason' at home."
 
"That's different."
 
"Not by much." Yongguk sighed and shook his head. "All I'm saying is, you started young, too."
 
"Please." he scoffed. "I came out of my mother's   getting my way."
 
"You mean conning people."
 
Himchan visibly shuddered. "I hate that word, don't say it like that. /Conning/. Ugh."
 
"You call yourself a con artist, but don't like admitting that you con people?"
 
"Conning sounds so... Dirty. And I just call myself that because it has a nice ring to it.
 
Kim Himchan. Con artist. I should make business cards!"
 
 
 
"Junhong! Get dressed for dinner, your father will be home soon!"
 
The teen groaned at the sound of his mother's incessant nagging, rolling over in his bed and burying himself in his covers. He was cold and his bed was warm. And who in their right mind would leave the comfort of warm, half- for itchy, dress-up? He hated how his family demanded that they dress in nice clothes for every meal. Why couldn't he eat in the comfort of his pajamas with his family?
 
"Junhong! I said get up!" Suddenly, his mom was in his room, trying to pull back the covers. "This is the first day your father will be home since Christmas, so get up!"
 
"No." It was no secret that Junhong and his father weren't exactly speaking to each other. "I don't care if that bastard is here or not, I'm sleeping. So get out." So maybe he wasn't on the best of terms with his mom, either.
 
The woman, in her late thirties and clad in an overly frilly apron, sighed heavily and dropped the covers, her normal, cheery voice reaching a dangerously low level. "If it weren't for me you would have been thrown to the streets. So I suggest you get your out of bed and come downstairs to greet your father."
 
Not used to his mom being this way, Junhong figured he had no other choice but to agree so he kicked back his blankets and threw on a random pair of slacks. Seemingly satisfied with his compliance, the woman left the room as he started to button up his white dress shirt. He looked through his ties, smirking as his eyes fell upon the perfect choice.
 
Rainbow.
 
Junhong didn't necessarily want to be disowned by his family, but he loved to get his father angry. Since fifteen years old; Junhong had been rebellious. He made it his hobby to get in trouble at school, with the law, and that was only the start. He didn't know what caused it, exactly, but he was tired of flying under the radar. He was tired of being the goody-two shoes rich nerd in his school. And he definitely didn't want to only be known for skipping a grade.
 
He wanted to be someone great. Someone like Kim Himchan. His friend, Jongup, had told him about Himchan. The greatest conman to ever walk the streets of Seoul. If you ran with the right crowd; you could definitely run into him. And Junhong couldn't believe that he had actually swiped something of his... He played someone who played people for a living. His parents thought that he stopped running around stealing things just for kicks; but the reality was that he just got better at hiding it.
 
And now, at seventeen years old, it was no wonder that no one believed him when he came out of the closet. His parents passed it as something he made up to get a rise out of them. And while he did tell them to make them angry, it wasn't a lie.
 
He heard the front door opened and couldn't help but smirk. He waltzed down the hall and straight to the stairway, where he saw the silhouette of his father with his luggage set beside him and his wife in his arms. Junhong knew he didn't have to say anything for his father to notice him.
 
“Hello, father.” the smirk was present even in his voice as he fiddled with his tie; being sure to make his statement known.
 
Junhong could have laughed at the way the vein in his father's neck popped out upon realizing the rainbow stripes adorning his youngest son's neck. But he just kept his smirk on and a let a challenging look run through his dark brown eyes.
 
“Junhong!” his mother shrieked as she turned around. “Go upstairs right now and change!” the look on her face was nothing short of horrified and it just made Junhong want to laugh.
 
“Mom.” he stated, looking at the ground as he leaned over the banister. “I haven't even made it past the first step yet... Still upstairs.”
 
“You got a smart mouth, boy.” his father's voice was snipped; his brow raised. It was amusing how his neck started to turn red with anger.
 
Junhong only smirked wider. “Well, my IQ does state that I am a genius. I can only assume that my intelligence would extend to speech and vocabulary as well.”
 
An audacious silence followed Junhong's retort, in which the young teen decided to turn and walk back to his bedroom coolly.
 
“Where do you think you're going? You're going to have lunch with this family. I haven't been home in nearly four months, and this is how--”
 
“Relax.” Junhong scoffed. “I'm going to change. I realized it's not worth it to express myself around you. I'm proud of who I am and I want you to be, too.”
 
His father's laugh rang through his ears like a mocking melody that ran a chill down his spine. “As long as you're a , I'll never be proud of you.”
 
 
 
“Serpentine, serpentine! God dammit, Yongguk, I said serpentine, not zigzag!”
 
“What's the difference!”
 
Himchan screamed, not unlike a small female child, and ducked his head closer to Yongguk's back as the older man dodged a rather large and imposing tree. 
 
"! Are you /trying/ to kill us!" Himchan's nagging was starting to become whiny and annoying. 
 
"Shut up. I know what I'm doing." the growl that rose from his partner in crime silenced all the protests rising in his throat and he fell silent as Yongguk continued to maneuver his motorcycle through the sharp edges of the old dirt road. 
 
"You have the tapes, right?" Yongguk unknowingly slowed down as he looked back at Himchan to confirm that they still had what they both worked hard for. 
 
Himchan hit the driver's back, urging him to keep the pace. "Yes! Now hurry up before that old lady tries to sleep with me again!" 
 
Soon enough, the duo had made their way out of the city and lost their pursuers. Himchan breathed a sigh of relief as he slid off his partner's back, swinging his bag in triumph. 
 
"Good job, Guk! Now we can find out who that brat was." he walked into the old, run-down gas station, intent on buying a celebratory drink. 
 
Yongguk sighed and rolled his eyes. Himchan had been reckless-- as always. He came up with the most convoluted plan possible and insisted on carrying it out; even when Yongguk had suggested something much easier. 
 
Himchan's plan was to go to the store he was in front of when that teenager stole his watch and head to the room that held the security camera footage. Then he would distract whomever was guarding and/or in the room while Yongguk stole the tapes from that day. 
 
Yongguk's plan was to tell them that someone had stolen Himchan's expensive watch and they wanted to track him down to get it back. 
 
But Himchan had to recite his motto. "Lies are much easier to speak than truths." Yongguk was beginning to think that even Himchan's truths were laced with lies. 
 
Of course, Himchan had gotten his way as per normal and that left him seducing a woman in her sixties that fawned over his aegyo and smeared lipstick on his face while Yongguk raced to find the tapes in time. 
 
"Do you even have a VHS player at your house?" Himchan raised a brow. "How will we watch this dinosaur?" 
 
Yongguk scoffed, the pretty-faced male pulling him out of his thoughts. "We? I'll watch it myself and get back to you. And yes, I do have one." 
 
Himchan blinked at the blunt statements before he laughed, swinging the bag onto his shoulder as he grabbed an empty coffee cup from the stack. "Don't be silly, Guk. How will you know what to look for unless I'm there?" 
 
A muscle at the corner of Yongguk's jaw twitched as he watched the cunning man before him; currently snapping the lid onto his now full coffee cup. "Well, I guess if you don't tell me what time of day it was, I'll just have to watch all three tapes until I see you." 
 
"Even then, you'll need me." Himchan boasted. "To point out the brat." 
 
The sly grin on Himchan's face was unmistakeable as he handed Yongguk an empty coffee cup to call his own. 
 
"We're in for a long night, Guk."
 
 
A/N: Wow... I feel like this is way too short but uGh I can't bring myself to make you guys wait any longer but I also can't bring mysel to add anything else to the chapter. OnO I'm sorry. It's kind of ty writing quality too but at leadt I introduced Zelo and Yongguk properly and mentioned Jongup even uwu
 
Anyway~ thanks for so many subscribers you guys are fricking awesome I don't even-- *sobs quietly to myself* Just thank you so much I love you all thank you thank you