Parallel Hearts

Parallel Hearts

 


 

 

"Zitao!" I heard someone call my name, I felt my heart beat faster. Wait I know that voice. I would recognize that low voice anywhere. My palms started to sweat.
 
 
"Zitao! Wait!" I heard him call again. I stopped walking and faced him. There he stood perfect as ever. Like he was sculpted to perfection. Suddenly he smiled at me, like an angel who just fell from the heavens. I felt butterflies in my stomach. He headed my way and stopped right in front of me.
 
 
"Hi." I awkardly said. 
"Hey" He replied "are you going somewhere?" he asked. I looked up at his eyes and feel myself get lost in deep thoughts because of those brown orbs that belonged to him. 
 
 
 
 
Yifan. 
 
 
 
Wu Yifan.
 
 
Kris as they call him. The team captain of the school's basketball team, a senior. But why is he talking to me? Why is a Kingka talking to a nobody like me?
I was sent back to reality when I felt weight on my shoulders.
"Tao! Are you okay?" I looked up. There he was looking at me. "Oh, yeah I'm fine. What were you saying again?" I asked him hoping that he didn't hear me falter at the last part.
"I was asking you if you need to go somewhere? I wanted to talk to you and maybe we can go get some coffee or what." He said while he scratched the back of his neck.
"I was about to go home, but sure." I smiled. Don't show it Tao. Don't be obvious that you like him.
"Great!" we walked in silence. It was kinda awkward. I can feel my cheeks heat up. I'm with Kris! This is like a dream come true. We arrived in a small cafe and sat down in front of each other. We ordered and ate in silence.
 
"So yeah, about what I am going to tell you" he started he looked into my eyes and continued "I would just want to tell you that, Huang Zitao, I like you." I chocked and started coughing violently.
"Tao? Are you okay?" He rushed to my side and started patting my back. I drank the water in front of me and gave him a thumbs up sign indicating that I was okay.
I looked at him and felt my cheeks heat up again. "Yah, you're so funny." I faked a laugh.
"I'm serious." he said "ever since I layed eyes upon you I instatly knew that I like you." he sighed. "Tao can you please look me in the eyes?" He asked. I shook my head and remained looking down. I heard him sigh. He then held my chin and made me face him. He cupped my face and started to lean closer, I closed my eyes and puckered my lips..
 
 
 
 
*RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG*
 
 
 
 
I suddenly woke up.
"It was just a dream." I said to myself while sighing.
 
 
 
Hey guys I really haven't introduced myself properly. 
 

My name is Huang Zitao, I'm a Chinese guy living in the lands of South Korea, a sophomore, I'm a wallflower. And this is my short story.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

We were sitting in the cafeteria and we were starring at the guys seated three tables away from us.

"He's so perfect." I whispered to my bestfriend, Byun Baekhyun.

"Hmmm. Yes he is." He replied dreamily. I nodded in approval. "His large eyes are so nice and it's cute when the other eye twitches. And his smile. Oh god that smile. It's so so gorgeous." He sighed.

I nodded again. Wait, large eyes? But Kris doesn't have large eyes and heck they don't twitch. I looked at him and noticed that he was looking at the guy beside Kris. I shook my head and sighed.

"Yah!" I smacked his head. He looked at me and shot me a glare. "What was that for?!" He screamed at me while rubbing the part where I smacked.

"I was talking about Kris! Not Park Chanyeol." I whispered to him. "I know!" he replied. "Is there a problem if I admire the love of my life?" He asked. I smacked his head again. "OUCH!!" he screamed earning a few looks from the tables beside ours.

I looked back again to where the kingkas were seated and looked at Kris again. I stopped and looked down immedietly when I saw him looking at me with an unreadable expression. I felt my face heat up. After a few seconds I looked up again, I saw him talking to his friends. Whew that was close I almost got caught. I looked at my bestfriend and saw that he was ogling at Chanyeol with a big creepy smile on his face while playing with his food. For the third time I smacked his head again. He suddenly stood up and glared at me.

"Now what was that for?!" He screamed again. "Nothing. I just felt like doing it to you." I shrugged.

"I hate you." He spat at me while sitting back down. "Aw, I love you too baby." I puckered my lips at him, he gave me a disgusted look.

"Why am I even friends with you?" he sighed. "Because you love me." I replied with a bossy tone. He looked at me, I gave him the same look. After a while we laughed.

 

The bell rang and we headed to our next room. I stopped when I saw that Kris and his friend were right in front of us. I looked down and walked faster.

"Hey" I felt someone grab my wrist, I looked up and saw Kris looking at me "do you mind telling me what time it is?" he asked.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. "Huh?" I asked.

"Uh... the time?" He said again.

"Oh, sorry, it's 1:15" I said in a low voice. "Thanks!" he said, he flashed me his smile. Then he walked away. I grabbed Baekhyun's hand and dragged him to the restroom.

"Baek! Did you see that? He talked to me! Kris talked to me!!!!!" I screamed while hitting his arm.

"I know!!!! I was there pabo!!" He screamed at me while he held in my shoulder and started to shake me. "They noticed us!!! Even Chanyeol smiled at me!! I could die right now!"

"Yah. As much as I want to scream and jump everywhere right now, we still have classes so let's just save it for later arasso?" Baekhyun composed himself and started fixing his hair. "Let's go before Mr. Lee starts the class."

 

 

We went inside, then Mr. Lee after us. After ages of waiting the bell finally rang.

 

 

"Well that was boring." Baekhyun said as we walked in the corridors.

"What do you expect history was never an interesting sub- oww! YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN WHAT THE HELL?!" I said when I felt Baekhyun pinching my arms.

"Look ahead." He whispered. I looked in front and saw that Kris and his friends were chatting with each other next to my locker. I felt my heart beat faster. "Let's just not look at them and try to act normal." I said to Baekhyun who nodded afterwards. We walked to my locker. With my hands shaking violently I managed to open my locker. I got my rubbershoes and closed it. When I was about to go Kris suddenly spoke.

"Hi." He smiled at me.

"Hello" I replied back not looking at him. I turned my back to them, grabbed Baekhyun's hand and walked to the restroom with a speed of light.

"Was tha-"

"Yea." I replied, still shocked with what happened.

"Why were they-"

"I don't know." I looked at him and held his hand. "They talked to us again. THEY FREAKING TALKED TO US AGAIN. KYAAAAAA." I let my inner fangirl to take over. Kris talking to me twice is too much to handle.

"KYAAAAAA AND CHANYEOL WAS SMILLING AT ME AGAIN." my bestfriend said to me at my face while we were holding each other's hand and jumping all aroung the restroom. We stopped when we heard the door open. There stood Mr. Lee glaring at us while walking towards one of the urinals. We rushed outside and we looked at each other.

"Well that was awkward."

"I agree" He replied "come on let's go home." he smiled at me while gripping on my hands tighter. "Let's just pray that tomorrow they're going to talk to us again."

 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

 

 

 

It was saturday night and I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and heard a screaming Baekhyun.

 

"HUANG ZITAO!! GET YOUR HERE RIGHT NOW!!"

"Why? I'm tired if it's about your eyeliner problems. I don't have time for that." I sighed.

"Just so you know Kris Wu is here right now, in XO Superclub with his friends."

"You're not kidding right?! KYAAAA I'll be right there!! Uh anyway what are you doing there?" I asked him.

"I kinda stalked, I mean saw Chanyeol tweet it."

"Oh my god you're creepy. It's genius but still creepy." I said while faking a shiver.

"Shut up just fix yourself. I mean really fix yourself you need to get his attention."

"Okay okay! I'll be there as fast as I can." I hang up.

 

After a few tries of clothes I decided to wear a black skiny jeans, white v neck shirt and a jacket. I looked at the mirror and fixed my hair.

 

 

 

I arrived at XO Superclub after 10 minutes and went inside. I saw Baekhyun seated at the counter.

"Baekhyunaaahhh!!" I called and he looked at me. I approached him and sat down next to him.

"There they are." He said. I looked to the direction he was looking and saw Kris seated on one of the couches chatting with Luhan, another senior.

I ordered my drink. "Tao why don't give ourselves a challenge and let's go talk to them?" Baekhyun said while grinning at me.

I almost choked on my drink. "What? No. That's not a good idea. Not at all." I said while shakking my head. I tried sipping my drink again but noticed it was empty. I ordered another one.

We drank a bit more and felt our heads spin. "How about this. I go talk to Chanyeol and then you go talk to Kris?" He asked and giggled.

"Ne! That will be fun. Kyaaaa!!" I said while giggling non stop. We looked to where they were seated. After a while they stood up and headed to the counter.

"They're approaching. Act calm." Baekhyun whispered.

"Can I have a drink please." I heard Kris' voice beside me and sat down to the chair next to me. I looked at Baekhyun. He was also looking at me giggling. "Come on let's talk to them." He said wiggling his eyebrows. I gulped and looked down. "I don't think I can do it." I said. I looked up and saw that he was already talking to Chanyeol. I guess I have no choice. I ordered another drink and drank it straight. You can do this Tao. You're just going to say hi. I ordered another drink and finished it up. I felt myself heat up.

 

I faced Kris' who was again talking to Luhan. I tapped his shoulder and he looked at me surprised.

"Hi." I said and giggled "I'm Tao. What's your name?" I suddenly blurted it out. Where did that come from. Ugh. I think I'm drunk. But hihihi he's so gorgeous.

"Uh Tao?" He smiled but still confused. "Are you drunk?"

"Me? No I'm not. Or maybe I am, but nah I'm not drunk" I giggled. I ordered another one but when I was about to drink it was snatched away from me. "Yah! That's mine. Go buy your own." I pouted. He drank it all then stood up. "Come on. Let's get you home." He went to Baekhyun but stopped. They were kissing. My bestfriend was kissing Park Chanyeol! Oh my god. After like a minute they broke apart then Kris tapped his back.

"I guess you enjoying someones company right now" he smirked. "Your bestfriend is drunk. Let me just give Tao a ride home, if it's okay?" he asked. Baekhyun looked at me. I gave him a toothy smile. "Yup he's drunk. Go ahead." he smiled "he would love that anyway." he added with a low volume. I stopped and glared at him. Good thing Kris didn't hear it. I stood up and tried to walk but my head was spinning and I tripped. Luckily someone grabbed my waist. I didn't bother looking up because I know it was Kris. That made my heart beat faster and my palms sweat. I muttered a "Thank you". When we started walking my stomach felt funny. Then suddenly I wanted to puke.

"Kris?" I looked at him. "Can we go to the restroom? I want to p-" I closed my mouth when I gagged and covered it with my hand. He nodded. He lead me to one of the cubicles. I started puking on the toilet while slowly carressing my back. Ugh this is so disgusting. This is the lasting I wanted him to see but here he is and he's patting my back. When I felt that there was nothing left to puke I snatched the tissues beside me and wiped my face. I looked up and saw him looking at me with an unreadable expression. I bet he's so disgusted right now and wouldn't talk to me ever. I felt tears slip my eyes. He sat down in front of me. He softened. He cupped my face and wipped my tears with his thumb. "Go out. I'm disgusting." I sobbed. "No you're not." he replied. "Come on let's get you home."

He helped me stand up and we went outside to his car. I got inside the front seat.

Only one word to discribe this feeling right now. Awkward. The first to break the silence was Kris "Hey, are you ok now?"

"Yeah."

"Why were you there anyway?" he asked. 'Because I was following you' I thought. But did not say it out loud. I felt my eyes drop and I fell asleep.

 

 

The next day I woke up in my room and felt my head hurt. "Ow. Wait how did I get home?" then memories of last night flashed in my head.

"No. That was so embarasing. How will I face him? But yeah, I won't really have to problem that he doesn't even notice me at school." I stopped talking to myself. Wait, if I fell asleep on the way here, how did he manage to send me home without asking my address? That made me think really hard.

 

 

 

Ugh I don't want to think right now. My head hurts.

 

 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun kindly explain what happened last Saturday night? I'm not really sure if those really happened." I asked my bestfriend.

"Well it was just that Kris Wu voluntered to bring you home. And Park Chanyeol kissed me." I looked at him with a horrified look.

"So it was true. No that was so embarassing."

"What was embarassing?" he asked. I ignored his question. "Did he ask where I lived?"

"Uh no? Didn't you tell him?" he asked confused.

"NO! HOW DID HE KNOW WHERE I LIVED?!" 

"I don't know. Maybe he asked your neighbors. Everybody in our neighborhood knows where you live. Because duh, you, him and Luhan are the only Chinese people living there." he just shrugged.

"Maybe." I sighed. "Come on we'll be late for class."

 

 

*LUNCH BREAK*

 

 

We sat at our usual place. I noticed that Kris and his gang were not in their usual place.

"Hey Baekhyun. Kris is not here." I said frowning.

"Oh they will be." he smirked and as if on cue the entered the cafeteria. I was looking at them. His gang were all staring at us including him. Wait, they're heading this way. I felt my palms sweat and my heart felt like it wanted to just jump out of my chest. They stopped in front of us, then Baekhyun stood up, hugged Chanyeol and looked at me grinning.

"Hey guys this is my friend Tao, Huang Zitao." I stood up and did a 90 degrees bow. I looked at them and they we're all smilling at me. "Tao I guess you know them already but yeah I'll still introduce them. This is Chanyeol" He walked towards me, grinning widely and gave me a bear hug. "Nice to meet you man!" He laughed.

"This is Luhan" He reached out his hand. "Nice too meet you" I shook it. He squezed my hand before letting go. "This is Sehun" He nodded and reached out his hand then I shook it. "And lastly this is Kris." He looked at me and smirked. "Nice to meet you. But I think I like you better when your drunk. You're quite talkative last time you know." He chuckled. I blushed. "About that, thanks again for bringing me home." I muttered shyly. "No problem." he replied, still looking at me with his gorgeous eyes. I sat down. Luhan sat in front of me with Sehun on his side. Baekhyun sat beside me and Chanyeol infront of me. On my other side sat Kris. I gulped and felt myself blush even more. Kris Wu is beside me. And we're eating on the same table. Kyaaaaaaa.

I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me snap back to reality. "Are you okay?" Kris asked. I nodded. He then moved his hands to my forehead. I felt my face heat up again. "Tao, you're burning are you sure your okay?" I slapped his hands away "Yes" I faked a laugh while fanning myself with my hands "I'm okay, it's just a bit hot." I said while smilling awkwardly at him.

 

 

*RRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG*

 

 

Finally lunch break is over. We stood up and went outside. " See you" they all said. I dragged Baekhyun away to our room and sat down.

 

"Explain." I said while giving him a glare.

"Well you know last Saturday me and Channie talked right?"

"More like made out." I muttered.

"What?" he asked.

I shook my head "Continue please."

"Well after talking he kinda asked if I wanted to go out with him the next day then he asked for my number. Isn't it great? Just last week I was admiring him from the dark then now we're dating!!" He said happily.

"Good for you." I said to him gloomily. "Wish Kris would like me back." I sighed. Before he could respond our teacher arrived.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This went on for weeks and Kris and I became close friends. But I can't deny that my feelings for him are growing deeper. What hurts me is that I know he only treats me as a friend. But I'm really thankful that he became my friend. Atleast I get to be with him.

 

"Tao" he pinched my nose. We were lying down on my bed. He was reading a book while I tried to study. "Yea?" I replied not looking at him because I was too busy studying.

 

"Have you ever liked someone?" I stopped reading. I almost dropped my book. "Why did you ask that?" I replied.

"Nothing but last question. Have you ever confessed to someone?" He asked me. I dropped my book and looked at him. Ok this is kinda weird.

"Not really. Are you planning on confessing to someone?" I asked while faking a smile. "Yeah. I like someone. I fell inlove the first time I saw that person." I can hear my heart shattering. "But I don't know how to confess. Can you help me out?" He asked. 

"Sure." I nodded. "Thanks man you're the best! Tomorrow ok? Let's meet at namsan tower tomorrow? 2PM." 

 

 

 

*Next day*

 

 

 

 

I was on my way to Namsan tower when I saw Kris. There he was gorgeous as ever. I walked to him and tapped his shoulder. "So who's the lucky girl?"

"Oh he's not a girl." He smirked. Wait ohmygod. Kris is gay?

"How about I tell you a story? When I was a junior, I fell in love at first sight for a certain freshman. He was shy and didn't really like attention. Up to now I still like him." he paused "I tried everything to talk to him. I only succeeded when I asked him about the time." he chuckeled. "I was so happy that time. I even follow him to make sure he gets home safely." he laughed.

 

To be honest it hurts. "So where is this lucky guy?" I asked him again faking a smile. "He's already here." he replied. I looked around but there was nobody. Before I could even speak, Kris cupped my face and kissed me. I really can't exlain what I'm feeling. He broke the kiss and trapped me in his bear hug. "I like you Zitao. I really do." he let me go and grabbed something in his pocket. My jaw dropped. He was holding a Gucci box... A GUCCI BOX!! And is he knee- ohmygod he's kneeling. "So why don't you make me happy by being my boyfriend?" he asked.

 

I was so stunned to speak. He stood up, slid the bracelet to my hand and hugged me again. "I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled. He then cupped my face and kissed me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was the best story of my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But then my alarm decided to ruin it.

 

 


 

 

Hey everyone!!! I finished my oneshot, finally!! So how was it? Sorry if I dissapointed you guys :'( I'm only an amateur writer.

 

Did you guys like it? or not? Comment plsss. 

 

Credits to yannieHeart for the poster and background ^^