Night time envy

Night time envy

               “Woohyun?!” Dongwoo exclaimed out loud, for what seemed to be the hundredth time, much to the amusement of Ailee who giggled quietly in response once again.

The eventful day was coming to an end as the two sat hidden away on the park bench, blanketed in darkness away from the flashes of lights and the wall of noise they usually put up with daily.

               “Why not Woohyun?” Ailee decided to reply finally after Dongwoo huffed and puffed at her side. He turned his head in the direction of where he thought her head would be and gave her a exasperated look, though in the darkness it was futile and he wasn’t even sure whether or not she was looking at him.

               “Don't answer me back with a question,” he poked he arm playfully, “out of all the 6 members you chose the greasiest one of all. Sungjong would have been fine too, you know.” Dongwoo said, trying his best to sound casual yet he couldn't hide the jealousy that managed to seep through his words.

Ailee chuckled silently, he always did have trouble concealing his true feelings, and decided to play a little.

               “Woohyun seems more realistic don't you think? He'd be anyone's ideal type; great singing voice -”

               “I can sing and rap!” Dongwoo pitched in.

               “He dances so well.” She began counting off of her fingers, ignoring him.

               “Hello? You're looking at Infinite's lead dancer.. well maybe not looking right now but-”
 
               “ - His hair looks cool.” She continued unfazed by his comments.

At this Dongwoo attempted a hair flip he would so often see s doing while he cast wistful glances at them. After countless comebacks where he usually had shorter hair than the rest, he was bouncing off of walls when he heard about the stylists' decision on his new concept.
Realising that it was dark and the girl beside him couldn't see him, he hung his head low and face palmed himself as she continued listing, oblivious to his actions.

               “And he has the best body!” She finished at which Dongwoo burst out laughing.

This time Ailee turned to face him and could make out his figure bending over trying his best to conceal his usual loud hearty laugh. She pushed him slightly looking confused,
               “What's so funny?”

When she received nothing but gasps of air from the boy beside her she shook him harder.

               “I'm sorry, but.. you, you said, you said..,” Dongwoo spoke trying to catch his breath inbetween words as he wiped away a tear, “I clearly remember you telling me just a week ago that I had the best abs in the group,” he cast her a glance but only managed to make out her faint outline, which was lucky for Ailee as she was sure her cheeks were bright red, “and the way you spoke about Woohyun seemed so scripted I felt like we were filming a variety show or something, so it only felt normal to give a big reaction.”

               “So that time you picked Dasom over me, even though your mom clearly liked me better!” she added in, “was that scripted as well?” Ailee did not attempt to hide her jealousy like Dongwoo. It was a matter that hadn't left her and constantly played on her mind every time she was with him and even when she wasn't.

Dongwoo looked at her wide-eyed as a little light bulb switched on in his head, it finally dawned on him what Ailee's real intentions were.

Ailee, who received no response from him, began to ramble on,

               “I mean you usually listen to your mom, even on variety and you could've played along or something. There's nothing wrong me! Like your mom said, I'm a flower. Not just any flower, a very pretty one! I also have a better voice.. unlike her,” she added in a dark  undertone, “Frankly, I don't see anything lacking in me so why-”

Dongwoo had heard enough as he reached for the girl who managed to take his heart, without either of them realising, and pulled her into himself, her train of words muffled against his shirt. He tightly held her close, with one hand resting on her head and the other on her back, listening to the distant cars and their slowed harmonious breathing.

               “Ailee?” Dongwoo whispered, after what seemed to be hours of comfortable silence between two, only to discover she had fallen asleep in his embrace. He smiled down at as he adjusted himself on the bench, leaning back so as to be more comfortable, not letting her go.

“Sleep well.” He said in a hushed tone in to her hair causing her to stir slightly in her sleep and wrap her arms around Dongwoo, as she nestled in to him as if he were a life-sized bear.

               “You're mine.” She mumbled in her sleep, unheard to the man who had too fallen asleep the moments he closed his eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]
I have nothing against Dasom ;;