My First Kiss

I Was Surprised!

 

 

 

It was weird how it happened. Actually, it was weird that it happened at all.

 

I was down in my friend Taeyeon’s basement with her. We were jamming on our guitars. Totally normal. Just hanging out and playing. I was working on a song, concentrating really hard, trying to get the solo down. And that’s when it happened.

 

Taeyeon kissed me. I was shocked. Stupefied. Anyway, I didn’t handle it well. I mean, I sort of screamed. Well, not screamed, exactly-it was more like a yelp. She had taken me by surprise. I had been concentrating on the song, not preparing for a kiss. The kiss. My first kiss. And it came out of nowhere. Taeyeon and I were friends. Buds.

 

“Uhh…sorry,” Taeyeon stammered after my yelp.

 

“Sure. No I mean, that’s okay,” I mumbled incoherently, grabbing my stuff. “I should probably go.” Taeyeon didn’t even slightly try to stop me. She just backed out of my way as I zoomed out of the door.

 

I cried that night. Really hard. I kept thinking about Taeyeon’s kiss. Why did I yelp? Why did I do that? Lame, lame, LAME! It wasn’t as if I hadn’t imagined her kissing me a thousand times. I had. I just never thought she would. We’d been friends since the fourth grade. It had been pretty much seemed as though she didn’t realize me as a potential lover. And it was so weird, because I knew the kind of girl Taeyeon liked. She’d been crushing on Lee Sunmi. She was pretty. Popular. An elegant looked. And I wasn’t. Anyway, I was sure I had blown it with Taeyeon. Now I was sure she thought I was the world’s biggest dork.

 

I didn’t talk with Taeyeon for the rest of summer. My aunt in California just had twins, and I went to help her. Even I know I’m bad with babies. But, it was a good job, my aunt paid me big bucks. But I was kept thinking about Taeyeon, her kiss and wondering if we were still friends. Over the entire summer, confused thoughts ran through my head. Why had she kissed me? Why was I such a moron?

 

On our first day back to school, I was nervous. My palms are sweaty, and I felt sort of excited and nauseous. Taeyeon didn’t show up to walk to school with Yuri like she usually did. Things were not looking good.

 

“I can’t believe Taeyeon ditched us,” Yuri said for the hundredth time as we walked Taeyeon-less to school. “What’s up with her?”

 

The thing is, I never told her about Taeyeon’s kiss. I don’t know why exactly, I usually tell her everything. But I didn’t tell her this. And now, walking to school, I still couldn’t bring myself to say anything. I mean, what could I say? I was literally unable to choke the words out. It hurt too much. The thought was just too brutal. Instead tried to concentrate on the new school year. New classes. New friends. New opportunities. I tried to think, you never know, things can turn out great.

 

When we got to school, we found Taeyeon at her locker, talking with Sunmi. Seeing them together was like a punch in the stomach. Extreme pain. Before I could stop her, Yuri marched over to Taeyeon.

 

“Midget, we waited for you this morning. What happened?”

 

“She walked with me,” Sunmi informed us with a smile, looking smug.

 

The bell rang, and I headed for homeroom feeling like the world’s biggest jerk. I’d thought about Taeyeon all summer long. Thought about her kiss. But obviously, Taeyeon didn’t waste her time thinking about me, because over the summer she got what she wanted. SUNMI. Trauma, trauma, trauma.

 

I crept into fourth period, just as tardy the bell rang. It was the class I’d been dreading all day because it was band, and I knew I’d have to face Taeyeon. I avoided her gaze all during class. But I was unable to avoid her once class was over. She was beside me before I had a chance to dart away.

 

“Tiffany, let’s talk a minute, okay?”

 

“No, not now. I’m late.” I tried to rush off, before I cried or something. But she grabbed my arm, making me stay.

 

“Just for a minute.” She said calmly. I glared up at her, trying to keep my tears back. “I’m sorry I didn’t show up this morning...Sunmi came by, and…I don’t know, I’ve been afraid things might be weird between us-between you and me.”

 

I looked away from her, muttering, “You should have called.”

 

“Yeah, I know I’m sorry.”

 

“Whatever.” I wiggled free from her hold and headed for the door.

 

At lunch, I told Yuri what Taeyeon had said. She more understanding that I had been.

 

“Well, Sunmi went to her house-not the other way round.” She reasoned. “I guess it’s not her fault. Besides, she’s had a crush on her like forever. Give her a break.”

 

“Well, she should have called.” I sulked.

 

Moments later, Taeyeon walked by with Sunmi and a group of her friends. I slunk down in my seat, my heart sinking at the sight of them. I hated this new year of school. Feeling gloomy, I was surprised to see Taeyeon leave Sunmi and her followers to come sit across from Yuri and me.

 

“Are you still mad?” she asked.

 

I looked down the table, not wanting to answer. How could I possibly answer?

 

“I’m not mad at you, Tae.” Yuri piped in. “I’m not. I totally understand. So, don’t think I’m storming away.” We watched Yuri skip off in silence; not forgotten to give me this meaning deep stare. “I’m just going to visit Jessica at the library.”

 

After seeing Yuri’s departure she turned to me, “I’m sorry I didn’t show up today. Seriously, I ‘m afraid to face you. But I thought about you all summer.”

 

“Right.” I scoffed. “While you were getting together with Sunmi.” She shook her head in disbelief.

 

“We’re not together. Seriously. All summer long, all I could think about was you. About all the fun we used to have-at least until I kissed you. I really blew it, huh?” I dropped my jaw.

 

“You didn’t blow it.”

 

“But the way you acted…”

 

“I didn’t know how to act, I was surprised.”

 

She grinned, “You screamed!”

 

My face reddened, “I didn’t scream! I yelped.”

 

Then, I looked at Taeyeon’s grinning face, and I knew it was all okay. I raised my eyebrows, “Are you thinking something ert again, Kim Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head,”Nope just wondering…what if I kiss you again…will you yelp?” she said while inching closer to me.

 

I giggled sheepishly, “Well, if you tell me you want to kiss me first…I won’t yelp…” I mumbled. Before I know, Taeyeon’s lips was against mine. And true, this time I don’t yelp, I just… kiss her back.

 

End.

 

 

Shot for our beautiful mushroom's birthday.

Yeap, an early one!

Enjoy.

Read. Comment^^

Teehee~

-Endaiyy