Happiness...

Antique
Above the ceiling, is a small, lonely attic. Nobody ever visits, yet there’s a certain kind of magic.The only one who lives there, is a frail, little girl.She dreams of happiness, in her empty, little world. She was longing for it as she was trapped in the small attic. It was dark, gloomy and moreover abandoned. She had no one but she wishes to have someone. She was running for her life but sadly something stopped her. There was a war just outside that little attic. The sounds of houses, buildings being destroyed as it returned to its orignal form,a bunch of rocks and pebbles and whatnot. The sound of explosives detonating as the small house shook with every explosion scared her. The sound of explosives was not the only thing that scared her, the sounds of painful cries and screams echoes inside the clamped attic. 
 
"Please spare my daughter!"
 
"Umma!" the girl cried as she was being held as a gun graze her hair aiming itself for her head, She trembled as what might happens next.
 
"Please, don't do anything to her. I beg of you"
 
"We can't. We were ordered to kill all girls in the age of 16-18 as an order from our leader" Her tears fell freely and continuosly. She was sitting on the floor. Her eyes widened in fear as she heard the gun clicked. She shut her eyes tight as she was anticipating her death but it never came as her eyes slowly opened but only for blood to spread itself on her face. Her mother's body was sprawled on the floor with blood tainting her own skin as it was painted red.
 
"UMMA!" She was free as the man let her go and left them alone as he exited there house.She crawled towards her mother as she cried and cried.
 
"Please stay safe my daughter. Go to that attic and stay there. There is enough supply for you to stay alive in the next coming years. Remember that I love you so much" The woman had troubled breathing as her time was near.
 
"There is also a mirror there, take care of it and it will take care of you" The woman smiled once last time as she kissed her daughter on her cheek before her eyes softly closed and the color on her cheeks quickly drained down. Horror engulfed her tiny body as her tears were still falling. She heard the sound of men outside there door so she scrambled to get upstairs. It was hard when she was only crawling up the stairs towards the said attic. She can't walk properly as soon as she saw her family dead as she turned around and shut herself up in that attic.
 
She still remembers the cries of women and children especially her mother and sisters.. It terrified her, it shooked her.A war, a devastating war that killed countless of innocent lives. That memory, that horrid memory that she want's to forget so much has settled itself inside her mind as it played itself countless of times. Everyday she cry herself to sleep but it wasn't enough. She wants everything to just end, she wants to walk away but her two little feet stopped her to. She promised her mother that she has to stay safe until death bring itself to her. How cruel is it when your late family is just downstairs, dead? All because of that war, she lost everything and everyone that she cherished the most. Her life? Who cares, she never did and no one will. Her frail body jumps in fear as every explosive takes a note inside her head. 
 
"I want to be with you umma" She muttered to no one as she just laid there on the floor. She doesn't want to move,she wants to stop her breathing along with her own heart but she promised and that was the last thing that she can do for her dear mother.
 
'I want to be happy with you guys' She thought as a bitter smile made its way to her face. She knows it was far from being granted but she just kept on wishing for it. Nothing bad will happen anyway so why stop?  It was morning due to the light coming from a corner. There was an old mirror. Curiousity took over her as she went to the old mirror and took it as she placed it in front of the window. It was old, very old as dust and dirt covered the glass.
 
"An antique?"
 
"There is also a mirror there, take care of it and it will take care of you"
 
Then her mother's advice rang inside the girl's mind.
 
"It can take care of me? but it can't even take care of itself!" Still confused by her mother's words, she pondered and pondered but a logical reason never went to her head and soon she gave up.
 
"Aish, I give up!" She saw an old rug so she went to one corner and opened a faucet as water made its way to the old rug. Soon the old rag was dampened by water and she started using it to clean the old mirror. Soon it became her daily routine to clean the mirror as she enjoyed it as it was like someone was accompanying her. At first, the old mirror would always be dusty but when she cleaned the old mirror frequently, the dust soon became lesser and lesser and soon the old, dusty, antique-like, mirror is now shining brightly as the glass twinkled through the morning rays.
 
"There. You look clean and bright right now" A small smile formed itself on her lips. She noticed it as she touched the corner of her lips.
 
"I smiled for the first time" She exclaimed in shock then realization hit her.
 
"There is also a mirror there, take care of it and it will take care of you" 
 
"Thanks umma. It really did took care of me" She thanked and soon evening came. Her small body was near the mirror as the times when she cries herself to sleep is now placed with a relaxing sleep as she slept peacefully despite the sound of explosives just outside the small attic. She didn't cared anymore as she just want to be with the mirror. Stupid as it may sound but she earns something to be with after all those things that happened to her. The sun rose from its hiding spot as one ray from the sun hit the girl's face causing her to wake up.
 
"huh? Oh its morning already. Good morning everyone" She greeted unusually cheerful as she stretched her little body.
 
"and goodmorning mirror"
 
"Goodmorning to you too" Her back that was facing the mirror since she was looking for something to eat suddenly turned around  as her eyes went wide from fear and shock.She saw, reflected in the mirror, A young strange girl, suddenly appeared from the sparkly and beautiful mirror.
 
"Hi. I'm a wizard and I am here to make your dreams turn into reality."She told the shocked girl as if it was the most normal thing to say before she started laughed and then smiled, looking the same as the girl. A girl with short brown hair, pale white skin and a kid like face said to the suprised girl saying she was a wizard. The two girls look the same but the stunned girl has long brown hair, white skin like the snow and her face has no sign of any blemish or whatsoever but it was also like a face of a child.
 
"Huh?"
 
"I said I'm a wizard. I'm Taeyeon. Nice to meet you" Taeyeon grinned towards the shocked girl as the girl just kneeled there while Taeyeon was sitting down inside the mirror.
 
"Dork" The girl giggled followed by Taeyeon and soon the once quiet attic is now filled with laughter from the two girls. Everyday, the two will talk and laughter will soon come after. The girl was so happy that it seems that she has forgotten all of her sadness. Her wish for happiness was slowly being granted and she was thankful she has someone by her side.The wheel of fate begins to turn, her lonely heart begins to mend. Before going to sleep, she will always clean the mirror for it to shine on the next day and Taeyeon is happy to see that the girl cherishes her.
 
"Is it alright for me to call you as my very first friend?" The girl looked through Taeyeon's eyes. Hope can be seen through her eyes and it can also be heard through her voice.
 
"Of course" Taeyeon grinned her usual grin that never fails to make the girl smile so happily. Days,weeks,months has passed since then and the girl cannot wish for more with what she has right now. They place there hands on the mirror as there hands fits perfectly to each other. It was like Taeyeon's hand was carved out of the girl's hand, it was just the same.The magic spell is cast as one day, the girl asked.
 
"Hey could you say my name?”The girl suddenly requested to Taeyeon.
 
"Sunny" The way Taeyeon called her name made her happy. She missed someone calling her name. stupid as it may sound but it was one of her wishes and it came true all because of Taeyeon.
 
"Thank you Taeyeon" Sunny was sitting in front of the mirror as Taeyeon was also sitting as she also faced the girl. Sunny smiled happily,contented in what she has right now.
 
"What for?"
 
"For everything"
 
"hehe of course. I'm your wizard and I will not hesitate to grant all of your wishes"
 
"I know but I'm not just thankful because you granted all of my wishes. You became my first friend, you granted me happiness and I was not able to gain that without you so I'm really thankful." Tears made its way through Sunny's eyes as she spoke word by word with sincerity filling them.
 
"It has been long since I touched someone's hand, to hear a voice that would cheer me up. I'm really thankful for that.I can touch your hand, I can hear your voice. They’re both so warm, I can’t stop these tears of joy and I have no plan on stopping them because you deserve it. Right now, I really just want to hold your hand forever. I was so lonely, I was by myself. I was waiting for someone that maybe they can clear this sadness for me. I wanted so many things but then you came and for me, your tender touch,like right now is enough for me. I'm really happy" Tears were falling from each other's eyes but a smile was grazing over there lips.
 
"And I'm also thankful for taking care of me. I was also waiting for someone and then you came. You cleaned me up, you cherished me, you valued me, you turned the antique me to a new me. You also gave me happiness and I'm also thankful for that. Thank you Sunny." Meaningful words were exchange between them as every little word that came out from each other's mouth were treasured. Everyday, they would be beside each other as Sunny never stopped cleaning the mirror and Taeyeon never forget to thank her. Sweet and happy days filled each other's lives. Soon a year passed by since then.
 
"Hey Sunny"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Today is your birthday right? Let's celebrate"
 
"You really want to?"
 
"Of course" Taeyeon cheered happily. With a flick of her wrist, and a snap of her finger, the old attic was coated with decorations and in the middle of it was a cake as sweet words were on top, coating it. Taeyeon sang her a happy birthday song as Sunny sang along as they both clapped there hands happily. Sunny has never been this happy and she wasn't afraid to accept more but of course, she also sends some to Taeyeon to be fair.
 
"Happy birthday Sunny. Now make a wish before you blow out the candles" Sunny closed her eyes and clasp her hands tightly then she opened her eyes and blew out the candles.
 
"Yay!" Taeyeon cheered as she clapped once again.
 
"Thanks Taeyeon"
 
"hehe. Now tell me, what's your wish?"
 
"I didn't make a wish"
 
"eh? Why?"
 
"Because I have you" Taeyeon blushed as she looked down so Sunny wasn't able to see her face.
 
"...and instead of a wish, I made a promise"
 
"What promise?"
 
"For us to be together forever" The day ended with them having fun together like what they did every other day.The wizard granted everything Sunny asked for but Sunny doesn't call her a wizard anymore because she calls her as her precious friend.
 
"Hey Taengoo" Sunny blushed from her own way of forming Taeyeon's nickname but Sunny wasn't the only one who blushed, Taeyeon blushed so much that she looked like a tomato due to her pale white skin that the blush really stood of.
 
"Ta-Taengoo?"
 
"Yeah. It's my nickname for you...I-If it's okay with you"
 
"I think it's cute! then.....hmmmm.....I'll call you....Bunny!"
 
"Bu-Bunny?"
 
"Ne because your skin reminds me of a bunny's white fur. Do you like it?"
 
"Mm" Then they laughed from there own silliness. They just talked and talked and no one was there to destroy there happiness. The next day, Sunny was crawling from all over the place as she was cleaning the attic as she was already finished cleaning the mirror.
 
"Hey Bunny"
 
"What is it Taengoo?"
 
"Why do you keep cleaning the attic by yourself when you can just ask me to clean it for you" Sunny stopped crawling as she looked at Taeyeon then smiled.
 
"It's because, I have to get use of moving everywhere without using my own legs and feet."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I have a disease that affects my feet and legs making me unable to walk. You could say that half of my body is paralyzed" Sunny explained with a smile on her face like it was normal for her. Taeyeon just kept quiet as she pitied the crawling Bunny. She raised her hand then with a snap of her fingers, Sunny raised from the air.
 
"Wh-wha? Yah Taengoo put me down" Sunny was trying to get down as her body squirmed tying to get back to the floor. Sunny kicked with all her might then suddenly she stopped moving as she looked at her legs and feet.
 
'Di-Did I just kicked?' She lift her leg again and instead of just laying there in the air, the leg move up indicating that she did kicked. Soon she was settle in the ground as her legs and feet are now supporting her.
 
"Come here" Taeyeon laid down her hand inside the mirror towards Sunny as the girl slowly made her way. Step by step she walked towards her as tears were falling from her eyes. At first she was wobbly since she was still not used to using her feet to move. Everyday, Taeyeon would let Sunny walk as part of her exercise so she can get used to walking.Taeyeon cured her illness, so walking wasn't a chore for her anymore. That long-lasting war is finally ending as the quiet room, is now full of laughter.
 
"Everything is turning perfect Taengoo. I can now walk, that war is now done, I don't feel lonely anymore, I have my happiness and I now have you. I'm so happy Taengoo"
 
"I'm glad that you're happy Bunny" Sunny thanked Taeyeon all day as she cleaned the attic. Soon night came and the girls are ready to go to bed. Sunny sleeped peacefully without all those booming sounds and with Taeyeon beside her, it was like heaven. She never forget to pray though before she falls asleep.
 
"Hey Taengoo, I once had a dream and it was like our memories from long ago. I used to be a princess, living in a grand castle.I remember it so vividly, although it’s only a memory but now that dream has become reality because of you Taengoo."Taeyeon didn't answered as she just smiled contented towards the happy bunny as she leaned at the frame of the mirror.
 
'You’ve granted all my silly wishes, all my senseless dreams but there’s still something I am missing. This "magic", only you can cast
Please let this magic last. I wish I can do something for her besides just cleaning her mirror'
 
"Hey Bunny?"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"What are you thinking about?"
 
"Thinking how I can repay you" Taeyeon just giggled at the sigh of the cute bunny thinking hard.
 
"Uugh, I can't think of anything!"
 
"I do have one" 
 
"What is it?" Sunny looked so excited and Taeyeon laughed.
 
"Can you become mine?" Sunny blushed as she listened to Taeyeon's request.
 
"hu-huh?"
 
"I love you Bunny ever since I laid my eyes on you. I was waiting for the day my mirror will be broken and be shattered to pieces because no one cleaned it. They treated me like a trash but you were different. Instead of leaving me alone, you cleaned the mirror and I was able to see you.At first I thought, she's going to give up on me sooner or later but then one day you smiled at my mirror after you finished cleaning it.It was my first time to see someone smiling at me like that. Everyday you cleaned my mirror until it sparkled in beauty and it was all because of you Bunny. I was treated as a precious friend by you other than just a magician who always grants wishes. You treated me differently. The moment our hands touched was the moment I felt warmth spreading through my whole body and it made me happy.Days passed and I found myself falling for you so can you accept this dork as your girlfriend?" Tears stung Sunny's eyes but they were happy tears.
 
"I love you too Taengoo" With that the two smiled happily as they belong to each other. Happiness was given between two and they couldn't ask for more besides being with each other forever. Sunny slept happily that day as a smile graced upon her lips. Taeyeon watched her girlfriend sleeping happily before she snapped her fingers. Taeyeon felt so happy having someone beside her even though she was inside the mirror. Taeyeon can never feel so happy then as she closed her eyes, a light consumed the whole room and the whole house but the two didn't noticed it because they were in dream land together. Soon, morning came but Sunny was still asleep.A figure can be seen inside the attic as it made its way downstairs. A lot of sounds woke Sunny up. 
 
"huh?" Another sound came from downstairs. Sunny's heart thump faster in fear.
 
"Oh no, I thought that the war was over. What's going on? Taengoo, do you know what's happening?" Sunny looked at the door of the attic fearing that they came back to find her and kill her. No one answered Sunny's question as silence only came next like how it was before. She turned her head towards the mirror but only for her eyes to widen in fear. The once beautiful mirror has been shattered to pieces as some part of the glass has fallen down on the floor.Blood was dripping down the mirror as if it was injured. There was no Taeyeon but only a shattered mirror.
 
"Ta-Taengoo?" Sunny jumped when she heard sounds of footsteps heading towards her. She can't move even though she can but fear swallowed Sunny's body. No one came inside the attic but she was still worried for her girlfriend. Even though she has magic, Sunny can't help but get worried so she collected all of her courage and went downstairs. Since she can now walk, she went down the stairs easily. She was going to clamp her nose since the smell of a rotten body was going to invade her nostrils but it didn't as she studied her surroudings expecting her family to be on the floor dead but she didn't. They weren't there but she was still not able to find Taeyeon.
 
"Taengoo?" Her small voice echoed inside the house. Silence came next but then it was broken by a sound of a voice. Tears stung her eyes as the voice continued to invade her ears. It was in the kitchen, her feet slowly made its way and soon her hand has made its contact with the door then with a push, her tears fell from her eyes towards her cheeks but she didn't wiped it. She used her tears as a  way for her to express her emotions and right now only one emotion filled her, happiness.
 
"Hi Sis"
 
"Hi Sunny"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hi Bunny"
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ta-Taengoo"

 

"There is also a mirror there, take care of it and it will take care of you" 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why but I wrote a oneshot starring the ace couple, SunYeon. I know I was a locksmith but then, I tried to do some change.  If there is some part that are confusing you, feel free to ask me and I will not hesitate to answer it. I hope that everyone enjoyed reading this oneshot. ^-^ Misaio out~