Donghae's Side

Affections & Messages

Lee Donghae was lying on his back, clutching his phone to his chest. He was waiting for a certain someone to send him a text. His lover, Choi Siwon, was out of the country at the moment with his family. They were having a family vacation which meant that Donghae had to stay and anxiously wait for his return.

They hadn’t been able to communicate much since Siwon was distracted by family, but that didn’t mean they didn’t try. They would have late night conversations after the taller one was sure that his family didn’t need him anymore. At those times it was just the two of them in their own little universe and the only thing that would disturb it would be when one of them fell asleep in the middle of a text.

Suddenly, Donghae felt his phone vibrate on his chest. A grin threatened to split his face when he knew it had to be his handsome horse. He sat up and crossed his legs, the grin still on his face until he realized it was only his friend, Hyukjae, texting him. Donghae groaned in frustration and texted his friend back before falling backwards onto the bed.

“Stupid Hyukjae with his stupid text” the brunette muttered softly.

A few seconds later, he heard his phone vibrate once again. Rolling his eyes, the brunet sat up, expecting his friend once again. Opening his phone, completely ignoring the name of the person who sent it, he read the message he had received and instantly became confused.

‘I miss you Hae baby’

“Miss me? Why would he miss me?  And why is he calling me ‘Hae baby’? Only Siwon calls me th-” Donghae’s eyes widened as he stopped himself. Siwon was texting him! He had to stop himself from squealing like a little fangirl. He took a deep breath before responding.

‘Siwonnie! :) I miss you too’

With that, he pressed the send button and waited anxiously for a response. The brunet’s phone buzzed again and another grin showed itself on his face. They sent texts back and forth to each other without fail, telling each other about their days, how both of their siblings found some way to mess with them, and of course saying how much they missed the other. As time went by, Donghae’s face was starting to hurt from the constant smiling. However, he was sad deep inside. It would still be a while before Siwon would return home.

‘When are you going to come back?’

‘You’ll have to wait and see’

Donghae sighed when he read that. For whatever reason, his boyfriend refused to tell him when he was coming home. It was slightly frustrating and he wished Siwon would just tell him already. He wanted to meet Siwon at the airport, run to him, squeeze him to death, and kiss the living hell out of him. Was that so bad?

‘I should have seen that coming.’

‘Sorry Hae baby. I just want to keep you in suspense’

The brunet rolled his eyes at that. As if that wasn’t obvious to him already. Before he got a chance to reply, another message came through.

‘Please don’t be mad Hae. *kisses your forehead* I promise to spoil you rotten when I get back.’

Donghae could feel his cheeks get a little warm and another smile beginning to form once again. How could he stay mad at his tall lover when he just started a little roleplay? Donghae always liked when they roleplayed in their texts. For the brunet, it was almost as if Siwon was there himself, giving him kisses and hugging him tightly.

‘*pouts* you better. You owe me that much at least.’

‘*laughs* I think I’ve spoiled you too much.’

‘I know you don’t regret it though’

‘True I don’t. *kisses your cheek*

‘*hugs you and doesn’t let you go*’

‘*laughs* someone is getting clingy’

‘Can’t help it. I miss you so much.”

‘I know. I miss you too.’

This continued on for a while. Donghae could feel his heart beating quickly in his chest. It was times like these where he realized why he had fallen for the tall and very handsome Choi Siwon. The man was such a sweetheart and knew just what to say to make Hae a giggling mess.

Another hour went by and Donghae could feel himself starting to fall asleep. Whenever he closed his eyes it became difficult to open his eyes again. Why now? He wanted to talk to Siwon a bit longer! Life was so unfair. He groaned when his phone vibrated. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at the bright screen of his phone.

‘You’re falling asleep aren’t you? Get some rest Hae baby.’

The brunet whined before responding ‘But I want to talk to you more.’

‘I know you do but it’s important for you to get some rest. We’ll talk tomorrow’

‘*groans* fine. Goodnight Siwonnie. I love you’

‘I love you too.’

With that, Donghae curled up on his side and fell asleep. That night he had sweet dreams about reuniting with his darling Siwon.


The first part is done! I'm sorry it took so long. I thought this first part was going to be longer but I guess not. Hopefully it'll be easier to write the second part to this fic but I have a feeling that it's going to be harder ^^;