Behind The Recording

BTS The Classic - Recording

The recording days for The Classic album had started some months ago. It had been busy and tiring days for Shinhwa members. Freaking busy and tiring days for Minwoo, Hyesung and Eric, to be precise.

The other members worked hard too, but it’s different for the said three. Minwoo, it’s because he did a lot of the composing and lyric writings, let alone he still have a lot in mind because he’s the main dancer too and we haven’t mention about the co-CEO thing. Hyesung, clearly because he was  the main vocal, he recorded more than the other members because he needed to record the back-vocal too, and he had to help Minwoo to find the right tone, pitch, mixing voices and those singers' stuffs. Eric, oh man, do we have to make it clear, of course no matter what they were doing, it must be the CEO who had the most in mind, and by the recording days started, days of looking for inspiration to make the lyrics of their rap part started too, and yet again, the leader had to help the other two rappers.

Since Hyesung had plenty of recording to do, they managed to put Hyesung part in between. So Hyesung recorded first, and then one or two members recorded, before Hyesung came into the recording room again. This kind of thing sounds trifle but it’s actually necessary in order to keep their main vocal’s voice stable and keep him away from weariness.

This trick worked to keep his voice stable and no-hoarse at last, but the weary eventually came. It was because they were not just simply recording. They also managed everything else about their upcoming album, activity and a bunch of everything else. It’s been hours of days he kept coordinating with Minwoo about the singers' stuff, and not just simply that, he had to observe the other’s part.

Hyesung couldn’t take it anymore, he just done another turn of his, and there were Junjin’s turn, Andy’s turn, short break, Dongwan’s turn, before finally his turn came again. But he’s grateful enough with that, Hyesung rarely had a long gap in between his turns, now he had about an hour to rest, at least. So, he hardly dragged his heavy body to the rest room, found a comfortable couch, leaned his head on the back of the couch and supported it with the palm of his right hand. Trying to have some nap in that empty room.

He already managed to have about half an hour power nap when he felt a hand patting his right cheek while he was half sleeping. He opened his eyes and found Dongwan in front of him and the main vocal stayed in place, enjoying whatever Dongwan was doing as long as he himself didn’t have to move.

Just as Hyesung was thinking about whatever-as-long-as-I-don’t-have-to-move, Dongwan pulled his hand used to lightly supported his head. “I’ve got no strength!” so don’t move me around, protested Hyesung right away.

"I’m helping you stretch your hand," explained the other man softly as he actually stretched the main vocal’s hand. "And my part is coming up, soon. I’m sorry to molest your nap, but mind to watch over me? You know how I’m doing once I entered the recording room," asked Dongwan still in those soft tone of his.

Hyesung pulled his hand and rubbed his face to wake himself up. “I got it. When is it? Right after this?” The main singer still trying to get himself together from his nap.

"No, it’s still Andy inside, we are going to have a break and then it’s my part. I’ll warm myself up, okay?" said the older man as he was leaving with the cameraman, while Hyesung just nodded weakly.

It was only a minute or two after the door where Dongwan left closed, opened again and another man came in. It was Eric this time.

As soon as Hyesung saw that tall figure of his close friend, he whined in a weak voice. Seems like all of these things were really killing him.

The older man simply came closer and moved all the stuffs placed on the couch next to Hyesung’s couch to another place and sat there. His left arm spread behind Hyesung’s back to give some comforting pats. “It’s okay, it’s going to finished soon.”

The singer didn’t say anything. Instead, he pulled away Eric’s arm from his back to his original place and immediately leaned his forehead to Eric’s shoulder and closed his eyes again.

"Dongwan told me you were alone at the rest room so I decided check on you a little and your condition is actually horrible." He let out a small chuckle. "Anyway you are too warm. Must be dehydration. Here," said Eric as he gave the bottle he had been holding on his other hand.

Hyesung lazily brought his head up, took the bottle and gulped it until it’s empty. “How hard was your day?” asked him sarcastically.

Like it or not, the rapper let out a short laugh. “Pretty hard. But the hardest part is over, making the lyric. Junjin and Andy successed on memorizing their parts too. It’s only Andy having a hard time to catch up with his beat, other than that, I got everything under control. You?” Eric answered smoothly, knew very well that nobody would like to mess up with a tired Hyesung.

"I’m dying," answered Hyesung while he massaged his temples. "Had any rest?"

"Not really, but my job is not that much. I’m fine. You had any?" Again, Eric answered calmly. He always took everything calmly so it didn’t stressed him out. Much different to Hyesung who took everything so serious because he would like everything to be perfect, yeah, the hard thing about being perfectionist.

And man, Eric knew it very well ever since years ago. That’s why it’s always Hyesung he worried the most when Shinhwa had a lot of work to do. And that’s why Hyesung couldn’t actually pushed him away, because that rapper simply know him too well that their bond were meant to be that close.

"Not that much my , whatever it is, the CEO must be the one burdened the most. I had some short of power nap just now and Dongwan came to tell me his part is coming up. I need to get going," explained the singer.

And then silence. It’s always like that between the two of them. It’s not that kind of uncomfortable silence, anyway. It’s strangely calming. Hyesung said he needed to get going so Eric didn’t say anything. The singer himself said he needed to get going but he was staying. Hyesung was actually staying yet Eric still didn’t say anything. Weird. They enjoyed the silence, though.

"I really need to get going. Have some nap if you have time, Eric-ah," said Hyesung as he stood up.

Eric followed him to stood up. “I will. Grab some food before going to another turn.” Eric really pitied that cute face of Hyesung in miserable expression right now.

"Here, give me a hug," whined Hyesung. Suddenly, the younger man came closer and hugged Eric at his shoulders and leaned his head on Eric’s shoulder again. "I’m really tired I’m going to cry," said Hyesung in between sobs. Sobs with no actual tears of course, but he really felt like crying because of the fatigue.

The older casually wrapped his arms on Hyesung’s slim waist and easily swung both of them to the right and left. “I know. But we have to do this. We’ve been through a lot of these kind of things and we survive, we alive,” Eric chuckled again. “Be strong, it’s going to finished soon. Remember anything that burn your energy. The members, Shinhwa Changjo, your family, sleep, food, me.” This time he could help himself no more, Eric was literally laughing out loud.

Hyesung unconsciously smiled with his joke. He let go of the hug and slightly punched the older man by the chest. “Thanks,” he said casually as he made his way to the door.

Eric nodded in a glance. “Anytime. Cheer up, Hyesung-ah!” The rapper said in a bright tone, barely childish.

The said man flashed him a smile and eventually left, leaving Eric who was going to have some nap.

 

 

Ah, unfortunately the camera didn’t catch this precious moment.


…..what was that?

WHERE IS THE RICSYUNG? I’M FEELING FAILED.

I just rewatched The Classic behind the scene and I kind of realised Hyesung looked super tired and Eric even though looked super tired either, he seemed like he tried to ignored the weary so I hope this happened came up with this idea.

And no, this scene didn’t really happen.

….well, I don’t know if this is actually happened and the cameraman already left (…mindblown).

But this is really just a fiction of mine.

It’s lame and boring I know.

P.S.: The translation I wrote is from Shinhwa Forever Subs! And the video I used to make the collage is subbed by Shinhwa Forever Sub too! Thank you! ^^

But let me know what do you think about this by leaving comment? ^^

I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistake, English is not my native languange. Thanks for reading! ^^

P.P.S.: I just found out that my earlier had a massive mistake. Corrected it already! ^^