The War

Get Out Alive

 

“Don’t touch him!”

 

Kyungsoo blinked severally and looked at his behind. It was a boy.

 

“But why?” He stuttered. There was a dead body and Kyungsoo wanted to be sure about it. If he wasn’t dead, Kyungsoo could help him.

 

“Because he’s not dead.” The boy replied. Kyungsoo gulped. The boy’s voice was scary. He moved a little bit and tried to avoid dead man’s view.

 

Suddenly the man who was lying on the ground opened his eyes. He looked angry.

 

Kyungsoo and the taller boy murmured at the same time. “Oh, .”

 

 

As soon as the man opened his eyes, he stood up and grabbed Kyungsoo’s chest. He stood behind Kyungsoo and his sharp teeth appeared.

 

Kyungsoo gulped again and shut his eyes waiting for pain. Then he heard a scream. He opened his eyes again to see what happened.

 

The taller boy was running towards them while shouting. He kicked the ex-dead man’s guts. Ex-dead man lost his balance and fell again.

 

The boy took his flashlight from his belt and lightened the dark night. With his action the ex-dead man started to scream and burn.

 

Finally he really died this time, Kyungsoo released his unknowingly gasp.

 

The taller boy put his flashlight back and offered his hand to shake. Kyungsoo hesitated to accept his hand or not but finally he took his hand.

 

The taller boy smiled. “I’m Jongin. Why are you here at night? Do you want to die? The cemetery is really dangerous, the Eaters are everywhere.”

 

Kyungsoo stuttered while blinking blankly. “E.eaters?”

 

Jongin raised his eyebrow. “You don’t know? How is it possible?”

 

Kyungsoo kept his silence. He didn’t have a word to say anyway.

 

“Why are you here?” Jongin asked again. He raised his voice unwillingly.

 

“I…I don’t know.” Jongin sighed this time. “When did you come? I was around here and didn’t hear you.”

 

The reply was the same. “I don’t know…I can’t remember.”

 

Jongin looked at him suspiciously. “Who are you?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. Finally the boy asked a question that he could answer properly. “I’m Do Kyungsoo. I’m 21 years old. I’m a college student.”

 

Jongin looked surprised. “You’re older than me? The world is an incredible place…And, well, actually there is no college since the war has begun.”

 

“War? What war?” Kyungsoo asked with a desperate voice.

 

Jongin was getting more surprised minute by minute. “You know…The war between the Eaters and the Takers.”

 

Kyungsoo was about to cry right now. “What…”

 

Jongin took a deep breath. “Eaters are night creatures; they can’t live under the light. And Takers are light creatures, they can’t survive in darkness. They’re…simply fighting and the losers, which mean us, have to run from them. Eaters like the one I killed a minute ago, can eat you and yes, I’m serious. And Takers…um…take your life? Actually I don’t know what they take but they kill us. I’m just trying to survive. I live, see and think, you know…”

 

He smiled at the boy who looked lost right now.

 

Kyungsoo sat down on the ground. “But…if they can’t live under the same conditions how they fight?”

 

“You know…Darkness cells, deadfalls, lambs with time table...It’s hard but not impossible.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed slowly. “I…can’t understand…”

 

Jongin patted his shoulder. “Okay, you’re coming with me!”

 

Kyungsoo blinked severally. “What? Why?”

 

Jongin talked with a ‘duhh’ voice. “Or else you’ll die pal. You have no idea about the events. I can’t let you die like…”He snapped his fingers. “…that easy.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at him with horror. “No…”

 

Jongin got surprised at the last time. “What do you mean with saying ‘no’? Dude, you’re gonna die and that’s not a joke.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped and shook his shoulders lightly.

 

“You’re right. I don’t know what to do. I’ll be just a burden to you. I…don’t want it.” He murmured.

 

Jongin smirked. “You’re cute and you’ll come with me. The end of the story!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N// LOL, of course not the end…*winks*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Wufan, we need some bandages, disinfectants, and that damn…”

 

Wufan started to shout at him. “Well, then go get them because obviously I cannot!”

 

The shorter boy sighed. “Don’t be harsh on him Baekhyun, you know he gets really nervous when someone is injured.”

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly. “I know Minseok…but I’m trying to help here, too”

 

Minseok patted his shoulder. “Then…How is Zitao?”

 

Baekhyun looked away. “Fine but…If we don’t get a medical supply, he won’t stay fine long time.”

 

Minseok gulped. “We’ll find then. We have to.” Both of them stayed silent and watched Kris’ nervousness walk.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Haha…ers!” The tall boy was running while laughing at the Takers who were behind him.

 

“Yah! Yeol! Be quick!” The other one called him. Chanyeol smiled and quickly threw a glance at the Takers. Then he sat down beside his friend. Now both of them were hiding.

 

The Takers looked for them but they failed and they went back to their asylum.

 

“Jongdae, we won’t be hungry for days!” Chanyeol cheered happily. Jongdae smirked and checked his backpack. “Okay…We have…everything now. We can leave this place.”

 

Chanyeol nodded eagerly.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Hyung…I’m hungry!” A boy whined. The older but the shorter one sighed, left his gun and looked at the younger. “Be patient Sehun-ah! Yixing will be here any minute.”

 

Sehun nodded silently.

 

“Ugh! I hate this war, Junmyeon-sshi! It keeps places empty and it bothers me.”

 

Junmyeon nodded and smiled. “Welcome back Yixing. Give the things you brought to Sehun. He whines and whines all the time.”

 

“No, I don’t!” Sehun took the bags from Yixing.

 

They started to eat their dinner in a desperate silence.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“No! Don’t die! You can’t die! Mi Cha, look at me!” The boy was shouting while crying.

 

Mi Cha smiled weakly. “You know…No one can live for eternity…”  She murmured.

 

The boy shook his head. “Please, don’t leave me!” He was begging now. Mi Cha touched his hair. “Luhan…My dear friend…You should go now. The sun is setting and the Eaters will come to finish my job.”

 

Luhan shook his head again. “I…can’t! At nights Eaters, in days Takers…I can’t survive without you!”

 

Mi Cha sighed and it gave her a lot of pain. “Go and find people who are like you. You need yourselves Luhan. Move in daylight at least you can see…At night you can’t do anything.”

 

Luhan nodded slowly. “Like we always do.”

 

Mi Cha forced herself to smile again. “Like…always.”

 

Then they heard voices. Mi Cha got frightened. “Leave Luhan! NOW! They’re coming!”

 

Luhan nodded. His tears were still dropping. “Go and survive” was the last sentence he heard from the girl. He was running right now. Then he heard a scream. It belonged to Mi Cha. He gulped and tried to find a place he can hide.

 

 

 

A.N// It was a character advertisement:D

I hope you like it

Please comment^^

Live long and prosper:D