Page 4

The Ending Page

 

Page 4


Chanyeol knew Krystal didn't sleep. How she squirmed below the duvet proved it all.

"Hey Krys," he called her but she didn't respond. "I know you are not sleeping."

She still kept her silence. Since she wasn't sleeping, he decided to talk to her anyway, knowing she would listen at the very least.

"What's that about that muse thing?" Chanyeol asked her again. "Muse is a band, isn't it? or a goddes or something? what does it have to do with me?" 

"Chanyeol I'm tired, I really am going to sleep right now." Krystal mumbled below the cover.

"I'll let you sleep if you answer me," He started shaking her.

Krystal briskly emerged from the duvet. "I told you to forget it! It was just a spur of a moment, my head is dizzy so I can't think straight!"

"If it's nothing, then why can't you tell me? what's muse?" Chanyeol insisted.

Krystal rolled her eyes, "why are you so curious? it's not even important."

"You make me curious. I won't act like this if you just tell me."

Krystal bit her lips, if she knew it would be like this, she wouldn't even think about it in the first place. Making a story about her and Chanyeol? for her debut novel? that sounded beyond ridiculous.

"Okay! fine," she glared at him. "it's inspiration." She decided to explain it in the simplest way possible.

Chanyeol tilted his head in confusion, "...huh?"

Krystal groaned, "you know something like someone who gives you inspiration for art or something." She explained it carelessly.

Chanyeol nodded uncertain,"How can i become your muse..?"

Krystal felt like she choked on something, she couldn't believe Chanyeol really took it seriously. She was planning to drop this subject quickly but the look on his face telling her that he considered this idea. This stupid idea.

"I told you to forget it!" Krystal was about to cover herself again with the duvet when Chanyeol grabbed her arm to stop her. Perplexed, she stared at him. She didn't get why this was so important for him to act like this.

"I don't understand how this muse thing works but if it can help you with your novel, I kinda want to try." He scratched his head.

Krystal's jaw dropped. Did he just agree to this ridiculous idea?

"Krys..?" He waved his hand in front of her face. "Krystal!"

"Oh! yeah?" She finally came back to her sense. 

"...so?"

Krystal coughed awkwardly, honestly she never saw this coming. She always wanted to write about her unrequited love toward Chanyeol, her step brother, for her debut novel. But she was too scared that people around them would know that it's their story and God knew what would happen to her later. Especially if Chanyeol knew about her feeling for him. So in the end, she decided to delete this idea from her memory because well, it's not like she had many interactions with him to begin with. But if Chanyeol was actually fine with it then...

"You see.. I'm writing my novel right now, right?" Krystal started carefully.

Chanyeol nodded, waiting for her to continue.

Her heart beat fast as she wondered what his reactions would be to her next sentences. "The theme that I actually think about is... a forbidden love between step siblings." 

She eyed him as his face stoned for a moment there. She immediately regretted ever telling him this, thinking he must think she was a freak or something.

"uh.. okay." Chanyeol finally found his voice back. "so.. what can I do for you?" 

Krystal blinked. Was he not disgusting about it or anything?

"are you okay with it? I mean.. you don't feel.."

As if knowing what she thought about, he quickly chimed, "Of course I'm okay." He shrugged, "It's just a story, right?"

Her face fell but she immediately shook if off with a smile that faintly ironical. Of course, it's just a mere story for him. She should be glad that he was thinking like that, shouldn't she?

"Yeah, it's just a story." Krystal laughed, a little bit forced, "so, will you help me?"

"sure, but how?"

"I'm still not sure... but you know I need some inspiration.. so.. can we spend some time together?"

Unexpectedly, Chanyeol smiled at her request. "that'd be great."

Krystal beamed. For a second, she didn't care about the novel anymore. Spending time with Chanyeol would be more precious than that or anything for that matter.