Marshmallows

Marshmallows
Sitting in front of the T.V, Steph took out marshmallows one by one from the plastic bag. She ate them at an agonizingly slow pace savoring each part of it. Taking another marshmallow out, she placed it on her lips ready to eat it. Before eating it though, She sighed. ‘Myung…. When are you going to come back?” She asked no one in particular as she slowly consumed the marshmallow in hand. 
 
The marshmallows were soft and easily melted on her tongue. Sometimes, it felt as if it was his lips that melted along with hers. She let out a small sigh looking to her right where a portrait of him lying on her lap hung on the wall. She traced each one of his precious features before getting up and walking to the picture. As she reached closer to the portrait, her hand rose from her side reaching out for his hair in the portrait.
 
Her hand traced over his hair as she gazed lovingly at the sleeping figure. He had gone to Japan for a seminar related to his work for about 2 weeks. He should’ve been home by now since it was past 3 weeks already. At first, she wondered if something bad had happened to him, but just a few days back, his personal secretary, Woohyun, called her up and informed her than his work would extend for a few more days. 
 
She took a deep breath wishing that she could feel that short, silky, lush hair of his and run her long fingers through them. She bit her lips lightly gazing at his smile. She wished that she could caress that childlike face of his and kiss those pink, soft and marshmallow like lips of his. She closed her eyes and heaved in disappointment before walking back to the couch. She took a seat and resumed what she was doing previously. She slowly started to eat marshmallows again thinking about Myungsoo all over again.
 
Little did she notice that the door clicked. It was unlocked letting way for the stranger to step into the house. She was too lost in thoughts to notice this and just ate her marshmallows. She chewed on it slowly as the stranger’s lips curled up in amusement at the sight of her. He noiselessly placed his suitcase down and slowly inched forward to her direction before surprising her with a back hug. She started to choke due to accidentally swallowing her marshmallow. 
 
He patted her back until she spit it out. Her face was as red as a tomato as she tried to catch her breath before shouting at him. “Yah! Do you have any idea of what you did? Damn it Myung, you could’ve killed me!” She coughed once or twice in between her attempt to scold him. He clapped both hands together and gave her a sheepish smile. “Sorry Steph. I just wanted to surprise you. I didn’t intend for you to choke.. Please forgive me, ne?” He uttered the last sentence laced with extra cuteness which made her heart melt into a pile of goo. After all, this was what she had longed for for almost a month.
 
She frowned a bit before moving closer to him and hugging him lightly. “Myungpabo…do you know how much I missed you? Why did it take so long for you to come back?” His face softened with his lips curling into a gentle smile. “Judging by the amount of Marshmallows you have consumed, not so much?” He said jokingly which made her punch him lightly on the chest. 
 
Steph always tended to eat marshmallows in his absence because Myungsoo reminded her of marshmallows and by eating marshmallows, she could try and fill his absence in her heart. He just let out a small laugh before grabbing her hands. “Sorry sorry, but I just can’t help it. You are too easy to tease!” He said rustling her long brunette hair. She just pouted before walking back to the couch. She started to eat marshmallows again ignoring him. He frowned slightly before following her to the couch. “Aww Steph! I’m sorry..” He said pouting a bit, but she paid no attention to him.  
 
He then had an idea causing him to smirk playfully. He took a marshmallow from her packet and placed it on his lips before grabbing her arm turning her his way. Before she could respond, His lips were on hers and the marshmallow was in . Her whole body became weak when he slowly pushed her down on the couch and kissed her passionately. The taste of both him and the marshmallow combined was too intoxicating for her.
 
His hands went to the back of her neck slowly brushing her long brown strands. Her hands unconsciously wrapped itself onto his neck letting her fingers caress his hair. Both their heart rates rose because both of them were too deprived of the other and longed for this moment since the minute they parted at the airport. After a while, He broke the kiss and smiled at her playfully. “Will you forgive me now?” He asked her. 
 
She just glared at him before grabbing his collar and pulling him closer. “Just shut up and kiss me.” He happily leaned down to her and fulfilled her wish. Breaking apart for a moment, she chuckled. “This is way better than marshmallows.” She kissed him again followed by a few more. Let’s just say that they both had a blast that night. :D
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------