Mission

Heliotrope

Heliotrope claims a large area within the forest, a forest that spans for hundreds and hundreds of miles, the landscape nothing but shades of green as far as the eye can see and even further.

Life for Heliotrope's members was easy but as we all know, easy means boring and two members of the pack have had enough, chosing to leave the large cave they called home in search of something fun, something that would keep them amused, if only for a while.

A large chocolate brown wolf ran through the trees, body cutting through the air, a slightly smaller, darker brown wolf running beside him. They were on a mission, not one given to them by the alpha, but one that they had given themselves. A mission to fill the boredom that was almost as common an occurrence as hunting was for them.

"We're nearing the border, we should go back" The two wolves came to a halt, staring at the forest in front of them. The smaller of the two had decided to voice his thoughts, they weren't supposed to be out here anyway, they weren't hunting.

"Relax, let's go past the border" The larger wolf began running forward once again, the smaller hesitating before following. 

They had left the safety of Heliotrope's territory, they were vulnerable to attacks and other unknown threats but they can stand their ground. They weren't a part of Heliotrope for nothing.

"It's too quiet" The chocolate brown wolf strained his ears, listening out for any signs of other animals or maybe even the possibility of another pack.

His ear twitched when his nose caught a whif of something light, almost undetectable but it was still there, floating in the air. He began to focus on the smell, nose in the air and ears waiting for a sound to go with the sent.

He knows it's a wolf, a lone wolf.

"There's a wolf around here" The chocolate wolf's voice is full of excitement as he began to follow the sweet smell of the wolf he's discovered.

"We have to go back, alpha will be mad we left the territory" This fell on deaf ears as the chocolate wolf padded out of sight, the trees and plant growth consealing him from the second wolf.

"Chanyeol, you'll get lost" The smaller wolf cought a whif of the enticing sent and chose to track down this supposedly lone wolf that his pack mate was trying to do also.

"It's getting stronger, we must be close" The chocolate wolf known as Chanyeol stopped by a small stream, head bending down for a quick drink, might as well since he's already here.

After satisfying his thirst, Chanyeol's eyes caught a movement from behind some trees in the distance. He focused his eyes on the spot that had moved, becoming still when a pair of bright eyes locked with his own.

The eyes were a shocking yellow and as quickly as they had appeared they had disappeared. Chanyeol didn't think before running in the direction that he saw the eyes, the only wolves that he had the pleasure of meeting in the past few years were his pack mates and the unfortunate few that had entered Heliotrope's territory.

But they had never caught his eye like this one had, whenever they found a wolf in their territory the alpha would let them look at the wolf to see if it was lucky enough to be chosen as a mate, but none ever were.

Every wolf that had ever stepped foot within their territory had been killed.

Chanyeol was fast, he had the unknown wolf in his sights, he could tell that the other was trying his hardest to get away with the way he kept turning a weaving through the unfamiliar area. Kai, the darker brown wolf that had accompanied Chanyeol on the mission was beside him. He separated from his larger pack mate and fastened up, trying to get the wolf in front to go were he wanted it to. 

Chanyeol picked up his pace as well and the unknown wolf was sandwiched between them, not literally but they were on either side of the lone wolf.

The air hitting Chanyeol in the face almost made him slow down, the scent overpowering his senses and his brain, this wolf had a rather delicious aroma. The smell had the same effect on Kai and he was equally as desparate to catch the wolf, maybe he wasn't a lone wolf, he hoped he wasn't.

Chanyeol got rid of the distance between himself and the wolf, close enough to tackle the smaller to the ground with a thud. The wolf thrashed on the ground, trying to get up but Chanyeol had the wolf pinned to the earthy floor of the forest.  He heard a whine leave the wolf's throat, growling himself to prove status between himself and this wolf.

Kai came up to his pack mate and the one he had pinned to the ground, watching Chanyeol's mouth biting at the neck area of the much smaller wolf.

"Stay back Kai! He's my mate!" Kai took a few steps backwards, he had guessed this much when the larger had taken off after the sweet smelling wolf he had caught. The small purple wolf began wiggling again, trying his hardest to escape from the one who had captured him.

Chanyeol stopped biting and opted for smelling instead, body still on top of the caught wolf that was whining and trying to get up. The purple wolf was definitely the one with those piercing yellow eyes he had the honour of getting a glimpse of earlier and after he had finished smelling and checking the wolf out, he lifted his body off the smallers.

The purple wolf stayed on the ground, even after he had felt the larger wolf get off him, he turned his head to look backwards towards the two wolves that were chasing him. The purple wolf locked eyes with the same wolf from earlier, the one that had caught him. 

"Are you from Heliotrope?" The wolf asked, barely above a whisper to the larger of the two but didn't recieve an answer from him, the darker brown wolf answering his question instead.

"Yes, are you a lone wolf or are you part of a pack?" Kai prayed and hoped that he wasn't a lone wolf, that he was part of a pack. Maybe he would be as lucky as Chanyeol and find a mate as well.

"I'm part of a pack but we don't have a name, we stay hidden" The purple wolf looked away from the brown wolf to the larger one that was staring at him and sniffing at the air around himself.

"But you found me, I'm in trouble, you're going to kill me aren't you?" The wolf knew what Heliotrope did when unwanted guests enter their grounds, they don't live for much longer after being caught. Even though he wasn't technically in Heliotrope's territory, he had been found by them.

"Did you not hear what I said?" The smallest out of the three wolves jumped slightly at the deep voice of the largest wolf, ears laying flat against his head as the wolf approached him. He was afraid of this wolf, he had after all tracked him down and threw him to the ground.

"You've done what no other wolf has and caught my eye, I'm going to make you my mate" Chanyeol watched the small wolf's eyes widen before quickly turning around, trying to run away again. 

"Hey!" The purple wolf found himself eating mud once again as he got pinned down by the larger wolf.

"Don't run away, you can't escape from me" Chanyeol bit the wolf on the scruff of his neck, the smallers ears still pressed flat on his head and body trying to disappear into the ground.

"What's your name? How many are in your pack?" Chanyeol growled in the smaller wolf's ear, hearing him whimper in reply. He had finally found another wolf that had sparked his interest and he wouldn't let the other go, not when he was right underneath him.

"Please...don't hurt me..." Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, he wasn't going to hurt the other, he just didn't want him to run away anymore.

"I'm not going to hurt you, what's your name, mines Chanyeol" Said wolf got off the purple coloured wolf and watched him turn his head back to look at him, still laying on the forest floor.

"Ba-Baekhyun" Chanyeol moved forward towards the wolf that now had a name, he was called Baekhyun.

"Okay Baekhyun, the wolf behind me is Kai, he needs a mate too" Baekhyun looked behind the wolf named Chanyeol to see a dark brown wolf, standing back and watching him and the larger wolf.

"He-hello" Kai jogged forward, Chanyeol growling at him.

"Where is your pack?" Baekhyun lowered his head as Kai continued to stare at him, not looking away even once. He was caught off guard when Chanyeol started at his muzzle.

"Baekhyun, Heliotrope need mates, we're desparate even though our alpha won't admit it himself" Baekhyun moved his head away from the tongue and thought about the situation he was in for a second. This wolf he had only met wanted him to be his mate and his pack mate needed one too and to add to this they were both from the feared pack known as Heliotrope.

Should he take them to his own pack and accept this other wolf as his mate? Baekhyun always wanted a mate more than anything but knew it was impossible with the way he and his pack were living. They had decided that the best way to get away from danger and unwanted attention was to stay in an area that no one else dared to step foot in.

And that would be Heliotrope's territory, or in Baekhyun and his packs case, an area right on the border of the feared packs territory.

"I'll take you to my pack but we're small and I don't want Heliotrope to fight over them, we have to stay safe" Baekhyun locked eyes with Chanyeol's, the laters eyes shinning brightly as he processed the words.

"Heliotrope is small too! Only four members!" This change in Chanyeol's voice shocked Baekhyun, earlier he sounded almost scary but now he was bouncy and excited, does he really belong to Heliotrope?

"Really? We have four members as well" Baekhyun watched both wolves eyes widen as they focused their entire beings on the small purple wolf.

"Well, it seems we hit the jackpot, doesn't it Kai"

"it certainly does"

...................................................................................

Hello :)

Thouht I'd jump on the bandwagon and write an Exo wolf fic, I've had this idea for a while now so thought I'd start to write it.

I don't know how long this will be hopefully not too long and I don't really have that much of a plot except for a vague outline so bare with me.

Thank you for reading and subscribing *hugs n kisses* and sorry it's kinda short and Heliotrope is another name for the bloodstone gem, I thought it would suit the pack :)

bye

PrettyDeadRose11