WHAAAAT?!

He's taken.

 

“I hate you. Shut up and get out of my life.” He yelled.

You know he was just being childish and he said it out of his own control. But you were stunned, hurt, more likely shocked that those kind of words would come out of someone who you have spent all your time with. The silly dates, confessions. That last words you would like to hear to end this relationship weren’t those words.

A tear escaped you eye for no reasons, maybe your mouth were gaped open too wide or the pressure from not blinking.

Your boyfriend, Tao, widened his eyes in shock as he covered his mouth in reflex. He doesn’t seem so scary now, but more scared of himself.

“yeah. I do feel like we need sometime apart. Good night.” You bowed politely and flipped your head to the side, trying to cover your face with the ridiculously useful hair by now.

By the time you reached home, you didn’t want to sob and cry like others would during times like these. Instead, why not you have some fun? It’s rare enough that you could slip out of your annoying boyfriend who wouldn’t let you go. You do need some freedom.

“Eo. Yeah. I’m free. Let’s go dancing, haven’t done that for a while.” You said through the phone that was on loudspeaker while you tried to put eyeliner on your bottom eye.

“Woah girl. I don’t see that coming. Sure. I’ll come pick you up.” Your best guyfriend sounded excited. Just excited as I am.

“Sure. Call me then.” You shrugged and gave a kiss as you hung up.

You were missing this life, partying and clubbing away with your friends. As silly as it was, you actually got into a ‘good girl’ look when you were in college, just when you met Tao. Everything changed, clubbing doesn’t become your escapade any longer. Nor did drinking, however, tao was and you didn’t regret a thing. Giving up your rebel like lifestyle away to a stable relationship with a childish panda.

So there you are, being amongst tipsy and sweaty clubbers that have lost their mind on either depression. Yeah, mostly on your trip to the bar. You observe, maybe that’s what made you scary as well. (Suiting nicely with Tao’s scariness)

“Hey. ________? Tao’s girlfriend right? What are doing here? He let you out?” You heard a very familiar voice coming from someone so mature. Who else would it be other than Tao’s own brother. It’s Kris.

“Kris gege. Alone? Yeah. I’m better off that way now.” You shrugged, and sat comfortably in between the small space from Kris and some of the male friends I wasn’t familiar with. But I do recognize this guy, Suho.

“Ah~ _______. Funny not seeing you with Tao.” He snickered as he raised a shot glass filled with clear toxic liquid.

“Care to drink?” he offered.

“Better not suho-ah. You wouldn’t be able to handle Tao later on.” Kris placed a possessive arm around the petite brunette.

“Ehm. I better go then gege. See you both soon.” You stood up awkwardly and bowed as you went around to search for the possibly drunken Jokwon, fooling around with some guys.

“Ahhh~ Come on~ I’m pretty awesome as a guy~” you heard his slurred words that were filled with confidence as it always will.

You turned around to find him dragging a reluctant guy.

“Kwonniee. Let’s go okay~ Leave that poor guy alone.” You rushed in to pull them apart.

“Ooh.. You’re friends? For you lady, I’ll leave my number.” He winked.

“eo? Ehmm…. I better be going. Before my friend here gets more than sick.” You nervously chuckled.

“The name’s Kai by the way. I’ll see you tonight… In my dreams~” He continued with the cheesy pick up lines.

You gave an awkward smile and rolled your eyes as you left with your drunk bestfriend. You decided to just bring him home. It’s not nice to be alone espescially at the time like this. So dark.. and spooky…

“Eoooo~ ___________...... I hate boys~ why are they so pickyyyyy….” He whined.

“Kwonnie. You still have me~ oh! And that Seulong? That guy you met on a blind date. He seems great~” You tried to coo him, but whether he heard it or not. It no longer mattered as he is too busy snoring while you struggle to place him on the guest room.

Finally after an hour of struggling, you can finally rest. Firstly taking off your make up and just lay yourself on the bed. Through the night, it must have been hot from the alcohol and your thick blanket, so you did strip yourself into just undergarments.

Barely giving any thought of what will happen.

Tao’s POV

“Eo. You’re finally letting your lady have fun huh?” Kris gege said as he reached my apartement.

“huh? What do you mean?” I chuckled, trying to hide the guilt and nervousness.

“You let her go clubbing didn’t you? She seem to have fun mingling with dudes yesterday.” Kris chuckled again.

“WHAAAT? Where is she?! She went clubbing?! WHHHHHAAAT? GE! How can you let her do that?!” The nerve in my body suddenly split.

(Imagine Tao like this whenever he says "what": )

“Hey. Chillllllll… I saw her went home with some dude. I don’t know, she’s your girlfriend. Not mine.” Kris pulled me away as he explained simply.

Without bothering, I immediately took his car keys and left.

“HEY! MY KEYYY!!! THIS GUY. #%^&*().” I heard his curse as I left.

 

“__________-ah! There’s someone on the door!” I heard a male voice if I’m not mistaken.

“Eo? Why not you open the door opppaaaaaaa.” She whined and opened the door in the least expected situation I am to find.

The door wasn’t far too open but I managed to find a well-built man facing his back towards me. The only thing he had on was a white towel to cover his lower section.

“WHUUUUUUUTT?!” I had my eyes wide opened when I see her also in the similar wear, almost similar, a bathrobe.

“Tao gege?” she had her eyes wide opened as she tried to cover her body.

“You? Him? What?” I started pointing around disbelievingly.

“Me. Him. Nothing.” She tried to defend herself.

“Who is it?” the mysterious guy finally turned around.

I was again in shock that “he” had abs. Not those that you can see because he was skinny. But it was as chiseled as a sculpture. I’ve finally lost.

“WHUUUT?!” I said from any other words.

“Gege! Stop shouting! Come inside. Gosh. What is wrong with you.” She pulled me in with all her might since I was just frozen in spot and pointing around, not a word came out my parted lips.

“Ooh.. a hottie.” I heard the ‘perfect Mr.’ person mumble before being dragged into the toilet.

She came out soon after, changed into a more proper outfit. Looks like a random sweater found on the top of her dresser and short pants.

“So. Why are you here gege. Didn’t you specifically said you didn’t want to meet me?” she started out as she sat on the couch. Keeping some distance.

“Yeah. But I didn’t expect you to start another relationship with another man that fast! We haven’t even done it!” I said from my impatience.

“Done it?! WHUT. You’re thinking I’ve done it with him?” she scoffed.

“Why not?! He’s perfect isn’t he? His chiseled abs, charming face, beautiful hair, not scary looking.” I pointed out all the things I saw in a second.

“What?” she started chuckling.

“What? You did it right?” I’m starting to get impatient again.

“Tao ssi. Can I say what a terrible boyfriend you are. Not to even notice that Jokwon is my bestfriend? And he was there in every birthday party. Wedding. Once on a date. With us?” she rolled her eyes, seeming like she regretted being committed into a relationship with me.

“Jo-kwon?” I repeated.

“Tao ssi. I guess. We really couldn’t work out. Let’s just be truthful then. It’s over.” She sighed apologetically.

“It’s over?” I scoffed. “Who would be there to keep me company when I want to watch a horror movie? Or who would be there to take a shower with me in the middle of the night? And have you asked yourself who would be there when I need to eat in the middle of the night as well? Or haven’t you…”

“TAO! Stop it! I never knew you were this selfish. Now you get out of my life. I hate you! I don’t ever want to see you.” She scoffed, with tears nearly flowing out her eyes as she is ready to stomp her way out.

“I haven’t finished talking.” I stood up and firmly grabbed her hand.

“What? Will it be about who will do your laundry. Chores. Take care of you when you’re sick? You sick bastard.” She rubbed her eyes angrily.
“I was going to say.” I sighed and pulled her in for a possessive hug. “Who would be there to listen to you complain about how tired you are doing the chores. Who else would be there to compliment your cooking. Who would be there to accompany you when you get scared after watching the scary movies with me. Who would be there to take care of you when you get your nightmares. More over. Who would be there to embrace your weak points without asking why?”

“So. You’re saying I’m unwanted by the society?” she sobbed.

“No honey. You know what I mean. Don’t you play dumb with me baby. You are a smart girlfriend.” I chuckled.

“Meanie.” She playfully hit my shoulders.

“So.. Princess. Would you forgive me then?” I pecked her head.

“Should I?” she hesitated, trying to pull away from me.

“You are not going anywhere. I’m not finished yet.” I chuckled and pulled her back in for an embrace. “I’m sorry. Sorry for yelling and saying those words I never meant to. I was just mad that you didn’t have time to watch my goodbye stage and go out on a date with me after.”

“So. I’m the wrong one here?” she raised an eyebrow.

“No. NO. No. I meant..” I stammered from the misuse of words.

“haha. Got’chya.” She snickered.

“Woaaah… Handsome and romantic. Can I have him then?” Jokwon sprung out of nowhere, causing her to become surprised now.

“You did tell him to get out of your life.” Jokwon snickered.

“yah. Jokwon! He’s taken.” She wrapped her hands around me even tighter. I shrugged and smiled back at Jokwon as I leaned my head on hers.