Caked.

Caked.

 

Dongwoon jammed a finger in his ear as a parked car wailed outside of his dorm’s complex, struggling to make out his manager’s voice on the other end of the phone.

“Why did you abruptly leave from practice like that? You certainly act like the maknae of the group. You may think that your age excuses you for the way you’re acting but it doesn’t. Come back to practice or I’ll make Doojoon –“

Dongwoon rolled his eyes as he hung up on his manager before pressing the button to turn off his phone. He had enough of his manager’s complaints and nagging. His manager always called him the “three-second member” of B2ST because he only sang for a minimum of three seconds in each song. That day during practice, Dongwoon made a mistake in the choreography for “Fiction” which resulted in the manager scolding him and calling him that insensitive and cruel nickname again. Having had enough, he walked out without a second glance.

Dongwoon sighed as he entered the apartment building, his hands stuffed inside his jean’s front pockets. He pressed the button for the elevator. As he waited for it to arrive, a short girl with jet black wavy hair and big, glistening dark brown eyes stepped out from a corner. In her hands was a boxed up homemade chocolate cake, topped off with slices of kiwis, peaches, and strawberries.

He remembered seeing her outside with the crowd of fans that waited each morning in hopes of seeing B2ST come out of their dorm for their schedules.

He smiled warmly at her, his spat with his manager momentarily forgotten.

“Do you live here?”

The girl shook her head.

“What are you doing here then?”

“I’m here for you.”

The girl handed him the cake which he gladly accepted. He was used to getting presents from fans.

“Your name is Liane?” He asked, seeing that the note tied up to the box was signed with that name.

Liane nodded. One side of quirked.

He opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by the elevator’s ding, announcing its arrival.

He flashed Liane a bright smile.

“Good night. Thank you for the cake, Liane.”

He stepped inside the elevator, his finger about to the press the button to close the doors before Liane walked into it.

“No.” She murmured, looking down at her feet.

Dongwoon sighed. He knew what she wanted – for him to take her up to his dorm. He couldn’t do that however, no matter how much he wished to. It wasn’t in his discretion to allow someone into the dorm.

But because of the spat he had with his manager earlier, he was willing and daring enough to defy his hyungs’ and manger’s orders. He would worry about the consequences later.

He let the doors close with her still inside. Neither of them talked as the elevator slowly rose up to the seventeenth floor.

The two quietly exited out of the elevator, an awkward silence surrounding them.

Dongwoon quietly opened the front door with his keys, taking off his shoes before walking into the living room. Liane copied him before shutting the door behind her.

Liane stood awkwardly in the middle of the living room, a look of awe and amazement in her face.

Dongwoon chuckled, noticing her expression.

“Is this your first time being inside an idol’s dorm?”

Liane rolled her eyes.

“What other idol group has a member that allows innocent young girls into their dorm?”

Liane plopped herself down on the couch as Dongwoon stared mouth open at the short girl, taken aback at her sudden change of personality.

Liane surveyed the messy living room and motioned Dongwoon over to sit next to her. Dongwoon hesitantly sat down next to her, setting the cake down on the coffee table as he did.

The girl tilted her head and reached out to the Korean boy’s hair, twirling a strand of it around her pointer finger.

“Hand me the cake.”

Dongwoon complied, his hands shaking as he picked up the box and gave it to her.

Liane unknotted the bow around it and opened the box, pulling on the Styrofoam plate the cake sits on top of.

Once she got the cake out of its box, she placed it on her lap before discarding the box somewhere. Liane dragged her pointer finger on the surface of the cake, gathering frosting before scooping it up with her finger.

Liane smirked, her eyes locked with Dongwoon’s. Dongwoon gulped, knowing what will happen next.

The girl leaned over towards him. She tapped her frosting covered finger on the middle of his lips, leaving most of the frosting there.

Dongwoon eyes widened, his lips now quivering.

“ it off.”

Dongwoon slipped his tongue out from his mouth and lapped up the frosting. He didn’t know what to do or what to say. The strange girl he thought he might have some fun with was the one who was having fun with him.