F.A.Q.

Treat Me a Fic!

F.A.Q. (altered, to suit the needs)

 

1. Does the pairing have to be together in the end?

No. As I stated, I don't mind angst. I don't mind tragedy either. As a matter of fact, I do enjoy angst. So, if your fanfic already dwells on the deep/throrough analysis/portrayal of my OTP, and in the end, they just can't be together, if that's for the purpose of the story, I don't mind. So, go ahead. This semi-contest is open to tragedy, angst, drama, whatever genre & whatever plot twist are available out there :)

 

2. So, I can have the freedom to make your OTP perish in my fic, right?

*murderous glance* I'd like to see you try.  Ahahaha, I know I might sound as if I'm contradicting myself. But you see, I often have a good intuition and I am quite trained to see the reasons behind a writing. Destroying my OTP and writing a tragic-ending for my OTP for the purpose of creating a good fiction are two different things. It might sound vague, but I quite believe I'm good in telling which entry is created to merely destruct my OTP, and which one is created to contribute to the wonderful collection of my OTP's fandom's angst/tragedy fic. 

Of course, even after me having said this, as you are the writer, you have the complete freedom to write what you want. Though again, I'm having quite a keen intuition/perception in identifying this kind of thing, hehehe.

 

3. Why haven't you read my entries?

Because I want to read it when I'm in my judging mode, not now. I want to give equal chance to the entries.  My lack of comment in your story does not mean I ignore your story. Every single entry is very much appreciated.

 

4. Can I send you only soft copy/keep the story private?

For the time being, no. I want you to publicize the stories, so that anyone can see your entry. Yes, this may sound cruel to you, but this is to anticipate situation where, say, your fiction wins the semi-contest, and the other contestants are curious to know what makes me think your story deserves to win. So any evaluation will be made public for the winners. Secondly, I want to treat all entries as equal as possible. 

Thirdly, one of the reasons that I'm creating this contest is that I want to host a "tribute" to my each fandom. I want my fellow fandom's friends be able to read the gorgeous fictions you'd be creating. 

 

5. If I get your OTP to end up together, will it increase my chance of winning?

No. Winning is not determined by the fact you get my OTP together or not. Making my OTP together will probably make me like your fic more, but that won't always guarantee the victory, eh? 

 

6. What if, worst come to worst, I haven't finished/completed my fanfiction by October 20, 2013 (the deadline)?

Your entries will still be considered valid, but I will only judge the entries you made until that far. This will surely put you in a more disadvantageous situation as you have a possibility that I'm docking the plot's section due to the "disrupted plot" or something.

 

7. What are your common reasons for "rejecting" an entry?

a. Stories made before the semi-contest starts. (Entries made before July 28, 2013)

b. Stories made in 1st or 2nd POV

c. Other reasons that prove you haven't read that Rules part.

 

8. Your favorite genre is dark romance. If I write dark romance will it better guaranty my chance?

Nope. Though yes, I do enjoy dark romance and other dark-themed story more than the happy ones, that does not mean I cannot enjoy romcom or comedy or the likes. When a fic is good, whatever genre it is, it will still be good. Just pick whatever genre you want, and try your best there.

 

9. Can I have my "goody bags/reviews" sent in private?

Yes, you may (just let me know prior hand). But if you're one of the winners or the Best of each OTP category, I will still post my reasoning in this page, so that people can see why I choose those fics as the winners. 
 
 

-additional F.A.Q may come in the future-