Happy Endings Aren’t Only On Fairytales

Bonded

All throughout the day, I was silent. Shane knew the reason why so she never bothered asking me. I entered my apartment and went directly to my room. I looked at myself at the mirror and saw how haggard I looked. I noticed a letter at the side of the mirror and opened it. It was the letter they (umma and appa) sent me for my graduation. They weren’t able to come to the Philippines since they were preparing for Sehun’s debut into entertainment life. Upon learning about the news, I was so ecstatic and was more excited than my own coming graduation. I was so happy that my own family knew I was so proud.

           

            After EXO’s debut, I was not able to contact my foster family since I was so busy with the review and the exam and finding a good company for my internship. I was so focused with my career but I never forgot to send them cards during Christmas and New Year. Recently this year, I got a surprise call from umma. She told me that EXO along with other groups will hold a concert here in the Philippines. I was so thrilled to watch my kid brother perform on stage and see him again after 4 years. It has been a very long time.

            An emergency conference at the company was the reason I missed the concert and the chance to meet Sehun again. I was so disappointed at that time. I did not care that even though I was crying while fixing my things after the meeting. To forget that unfortunate happening, I buried myself with loads of work piled up in front of me.

            I slept that night peacefully. I did not know why. Maybe I was just too tired.

 

            I entered my cubicle the next day and was surprised that there is no Shane waiting. I shrugged it off and started with my new project. I was interrupted when a noisy Shane came running wild like a maniac.

 

            “Hey, what’s up?” I asked her and tried not to laugh.

            “I was just minding my own business while in the elevator and heard that there is going to be a concert this coming Saturday!” she said while catching her breath.

            “Oh okay. So what are you excited about?” I asked her.

            “The concert’s going to be attended by EXO and two other groups!” she said with a squeak.

            My ears perked up upon hearing the group’s name. “Really?! You’re not joking with me are you? I’ll kill you if you are” Excitement filling up my voice.

            “I’m not joking! But there’s just one BIG problem. All the ticket’s been sold out.” She said to me cautiously.

            My expression did not change. “So what?” I shrugged coolly.

            She gave me that did-you-not-understand-what-I-said look.

            I just smiled at her. “Hey Shane, want to accompany me to the concert?”

            She stared at me. “We don’t have tickets. No ticket. No concert”.

            My smile got wider and winked. “There is this thing called backstage pass, girl.”

 

            I surprised umma with a call and told her about my plan. She was over to the top willing to help. She got me and my friend a backstage pass through the group’s manager. Umma told manager hyung not to say anything about this to Sehun. At last, I’m going to see that little rascal again.

 

30 minutes before the concert. At EXO’s tent.

 

            “Thuho-Hyungggg!!! I’m hungry again! I want cake!” whined the member with multi-colored hair. The other members inside the tent snickered.

            “Sehun-ah, I told you a hundred times. You’ll get to eat cake as much as you want after the concert. We are just preventing you being hyperactive during the event.” Suho explained very calmly.

            The other members kept on laughing silently and betting if their leader is going to give in to the maknae’s whining.

            “B-b-ut, I am tho hungry.” Sehun’s eyes starting to tear up.

            “Really Sehun?You are all grown up yet you still act like a little brat.” Somebody on the tent’s entrance exclaimed with a hint of murderous aura.

 

Sehun’s POV

            “Really, Sehun? You are all grown up yet you still act like a little brat”. Everyone turned around towards the direction of the voice, except me. The female’s voice and the murderous aura seemed very, very familiar. My heart started to race and I swallowed hard. Could it be…? I turned around slowly to face her and my eyes went wide. It’s noona! It’s Keyci-noona! She’s really standing there looking like a boss (as usual) and wearing that smirk on her face!

            “NOONA!!!” I immediately rushed to her.

 

My POV

            All the other members turned around except Sehun. What’s wrong with that rascal? Then he suddenly turns around slowly. I smirked when I saw his reaction. So this kiddo still remembers me. That was a relief. It all happened in a split second; him crying ‘noona’ then embracing me into a tight bear hug. I swear I could not breathe. When I was sure that I was alive, I turned to the group members and introduced myself and Shane, who was still dumbstruck while staring at the twelve gorgeous men. Lol.

 

            “Hello, my name is Keyci and this is my friend Shane.” I said to them (in Korean) and then bowed. They bowed back and introduced themselves individually.

            “Whoa. Noona, you can speak Korean?” Sehun asked with awe.

            “Of course I had a language class, pabo.” I replied while laughing and the other members laughed too.

            “Sehun-ah, what is your relationship with her?” Kai asked.

            “Yeah, are you keeping a secret from us? Is she your girlfriend?” Chanyeol asked with a hint of mischief in his voice.

            Sehun blushed furiously and tried to answer but just stuttered.

            “I’m not his girlfriend. I’m his older sister” I answered them with a smile.

            “Noona? But…” Suho asked with that wondered expression.

            “Oh. We’re not siblings by blood but his family was my foster family when I stayed in Korea 4 years ago. So basically, he’s my brother.” I explained.

            “Ok. Now I understand. But why did you not tell us about this, Sehun?” Kris asked and the others nodded in agreement.

            “Because, if others knew about this, bad people will find her and make her life hard. And I am afraid of the issues coming up. So I just kept it a secret.” He explained to them. The members patted his back assuring him that they understood.

 

            “Guys were up in 5 minutes. Please get ready.” It was manager-hyung.

            “Oh shoot! You better get ready. You still have a concert and thousands of fans to attend to!” I told them in a panicky voice.

 

            Sehun hugged me before going up the stage. “I missed you so much, noona”.

            “I missed you too, you little rascal. Now go and break a leg!” I answered.

            I watched their whole performance and I was so happy that he was able to take a giant step towards his career. I knew this was just the beginning and there will be greater more challenges to come. We are both the same starting out on our own careers but as long as we have our families and friends at our back, climbing walls will not be as hard. By blood or not, we are connected by a bond. He’s my brother and I’m his sister. Period.