CHAPTEREIGHT

Birds of the Same Feather

{ Worries }

 

[ 10:00p.m. In Chanyeol & Luhan's Dorm ] 

 

"Yah, Chanyeol, where have you been?" Luhan said, as his eyes were stick onto the computer screen as Chanyeol quietly stepped into the dorm. He replied to him briefly as he took out his shoes and placed them neatly in the tiny shoe rack, as he tossed his bag onto his desk and hopped up onto the bed, and stared at his phone attentively.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" Luna then asked again.

Chanyeol mumbled a satisfactory reply back as he continued using his phone, as Luhan grew more impatient and could not tolerate his moody behaviour. He stood up from his seat as he hopped onto his bed, peeking into his phone as Chanyeol hurriedly hid his phone behind him.

"Oh? Park Jiyeon? Isn't she Myungsoo's girlfriend? Oh talking about that, Myungsoo had a pyscopathic ex-girlfriend." Luhan said, shooking his head in disgust. "But why is she texting you anyway? You two are from different courses anyway." Luhan asked curiously.

"I just came across her not too long ago, we're just close friends, nothing else." Chanyeol explained.

Luhan smirked, "I didn't even ask what is your relationship to her anyway... Why are you overthinking? Haha, but anyway, why is she texting you?" Luhan asked again.

Chanyeol sighed. He was not sure whether to tell him or not, but his mouth eventually spilled the beans. "She fought with the crazy ex-girlfriend of Myungsoo and I went to comfort her. She texted me to thank me. That's all." Chanyeol explained.

Luhan gasped in shock, he smirked as he smacked his chest playfully. "Are you... perhaps, in love with her? Or do you have feelings for her?" Luhan curiously asked.

"Yah, I don't have! I won't break up one's relationship, you know me so well!" Chanyeol retorted.

"Sure... you won't." Luhan replied sarcastically.

"But, hyung, let me ask you something. This is about my bestfriend okay, in my class." Chanyeol said, cautiously. He then continued, "Because my friend's girlfriend's ex-boyfriend is back, and the ex-boyfriend wants to claim the girl back, and is very possessive to her, what do you think will eventually happen to them?"

Luhan thought for a while and replied, "Most of the time the girl will go back to the ex-boyfriend, and dude, you got to cheer your friend up sooner or later. Since the guy is so possessive, he'd do anything to win her back. Guys gotta be guys, gotta be ferocious about it." 

Chanyeol bit his lips and nodded his head in understanding as he let off a sigh. He kept mumbling several words to himself as he stared into blank space for a while. Luhan was curiously staring at him as he kept murmuring words to himself. Feeling disgusted by him talking to himself, Luhan smacked his chest again, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" Luhan asked, wearing the disgusted expression on his face.

Chanyeol shook his head and stepped down from his bed as he rushed to the toilet. Locking the toilet doors shut and leaning against the toilet door, he let off a dreadful sigh, as he thought of the worst consequences that would happen to both Jiyeon and Myungsoo at the end, in accordance to Luhan's reply. The sight of Myungsoo dumping Jiyeon breaks his heart as he could not help but to feel worried for her.

He stared at the reflection on the mirror, his face was frowning. His happy virus left his soul temporary as he could not help but to keep thinking of Jiyeon. The sight of Jiyeon's crying, sad face traumatized him as he dread that day where this situation will fall between them. It is only the matter of time, and Chanyeol hopes it would not be any time soon.

Chanyeol took out his phone and scrolled through the contacts. Pausing at Jiyeon's number. He bit his lips and thought for a while before he sent her the message.

To: Park Jiyeon

Jiyeon-sshi, can we meet for Lunch tomorrow? Are you free?

Within seconds, Jiyeon replied him.

To: Park Chanyeol

Sure, Myungsoo's having extra lessons during then, I guess we can meet up. In our school cafe? Does that sound great?

Chanyeol replied with a yes as he shut his phone and stare at his reflection on the mirror again. Now, his lips curled up, as he wore the most confident smile. His mood was regained again, as he went to take a shower, removing those wild thoughts out of his mind.

 

The night soon set in, and daytime comes up after a while. The sun rays penetrated through the glass windows and shine brightly on Chanyeol's eyes as his eye lids jerked upon reaction as he opened his eyes and covered the sun rays with his hand. Pulling himself up from the bed slowly as he rubbed his eyes dreamily, he made a loud yawn as he stretched his body. 

He looked at his phone and saw a message from Jiyeon. It read, "Hope to see you soon later for lunch! :)". That message send wide smiles on his face as he hopped out of his bed as he placed his phone on the table, making his way into the toilet to brighten himself up.

Luhan sneakly, pulled himself out of the bed cover as he gently, quietly tip-toed to Chanyeol's table. Secretly picking his phone up, he read the conversation between Jiyeon and him.

His eyes widened in shock as he read the corny messages of Chanyeol. To his disbelief, his eyes were blinking in denial as he shook his head profusely. "Can't be.." he said to himself as he read the later messages. "Woah, has just really gone real here. Chanyeol is developing feelings for her. ." Luhan cursed under his breath.

Stealthily placing his phone back down, and reseting to his default screen, he shut his phone and he gently changed his clothes on the spot. Wearing a baseball jacket over his green, striped shirt and khaki chinos, he wore a pair of sneakers and grabbed his bag of books, he bid farewell to Chanyeol outside the toilet as he hurriedly went out of the dorm.

He ran and ran, hopefully to find Jiyeon before the start of her lesson.

"Oh boy, if it weren't for me being her senior, Jiyeon would probably have difficulties in her relationship." Luhan mumbled to himself as he ran to the science block. 

He ran through the lecture halls, as he spotted a girl with brown, long wavy hair, walking with a tall, handsome figure. Both of them were intimate, hugging and cuddling each other as they slowly walked through the corridor. He pinned the target and dashed towards it, to be greeted by shocked expressions on the girl's face.

"Jiyeon, I need to talk to you." Luhan said.

"Oh... Luhan oppa? Wae?" Jiyeon curiously asked.

"Um, Myungsoo, can I borrow her for a while?" Luhan asked politely.

"Um, sure. You may." Myungsoo said, furrowing his eyebrows.

Luhan brought her to a quiet area at the corner of the corridor, where there were not many people there. He was panting heavily while Jiyeon curiously stared at him, wearing questionable looks on her face as she gave him a piece of tissue.

"To wipe off your sweat.." Jiyeon said.

"Thanks dongsaeng. Anyway, I heard of you and Myungsoo and that ex-girlfriend issue." Luhan stated.

 

"Oh, news surely travels fast in the campus." Jiyeon commented, forcing a laugh.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry to hear about that though." Luhan said, bitting his lips in pity.

Jiyeon smiled and shook her head. "It's alright. I think I can handle this." Jiyeon said.

"But that aside, you know Chanyeol?" Luhan asked.

"Yeah, he's just a close friend of mine. Wae?" She asked curiously.

"I don't know how to say it to you, but.. I'm pretty sure by my instincts, that Chanyeol has a feeling for you. It might not for now, but I think he's developing the feelings for you." Luhan said.

Jiyeon stepped back as she gasped in shock. Luhan bit his lips again and added on, "I know this is a shocking thing for you. Anyway, I am Chanyeol's dorm mate. I know him for quite a while now. We're buddies, and I am just telling you this, so you can know what to do about it. I don't want you to end up having to choose between 2 guys and to have your relationship with Myungsoo to be strained as a result. I am hoping it won't happen to you and Myungsoo." 

Jiyeon lowered her head as she nodded her head silently. "Is that why he wanted to see me for lunch today?" She mumbled to herself. 

Luhan heard them as he gently pat on her shoulders and gave her an advice, "You should go and see him for lunch, and maybe talk to him about it. Don't make him fall for you even deeper, if not, things are gonna be really hard on you. Tell him what you feel about it." Luhan said. 

Jiyeon nodded her head as she slowly walked back to Myungsoo.

"Why did Luhan-sshi look for you?" Myungsoo asked.

"Ah, nothing just asking me about my studies.. He's really concerned.. about.. um my studies." Jiyeon lied.

"Oh, really. He's surely a thoughtful senior." Myungsoo commented, interlocking his hands with Jiyeon as both of them entered the lecture hall.

 

[ 1:00 pm In the School Cafe ]

 

"Oh, Jiyeon you're here." Chanyeol said, smiling brightly as he waved his hands to greet her.

Jiyeon smiled back at him as she took a seat across him. "Am I late?" She asked, panicking.

Chanyeol smiled again and shook his head. "Nope, you're not late. It's just that I came here early. I don't want to keep you waiting for me, so I came here way earlier than the time we decided on." Chanyeol explained.

Jiyeon bit her lips nervously upon hearing his reply as she finally understood what Luhan has said. Chanyeol indeed is surely to develop feelings for her in the matter of time. Chanyeol began talking about the ex-girlfriend issue, asking Jiyeon to no matter what stick with Myungsoo to fight Suzy. Jiyeon was nodding her head in understanding.

She understands what Chanyeol is talking about and what he is going on at. She began to have wild thoughts as he speak. Could he have been worrying over her all these while? Maybe he already developed feelings for her. Jiyeon let off a dreadful sigh, which causes Chanyeol to stopped talking and stare at her curiously.

"Are you alright Jiyeon-sshi?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

"Ah, Chanyeol. I appreciate you understanding and giving me advice on this. Yesterday you comforted me, I am grateful for that, and I fully understand what to do. You need not worry over me." Jiyeon said.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Uh, am I bothering you?" He asked softly.

"Not like that.. But Chanyeol-sshi, do you have feelings for me?" Jiyeon asked openly.

Chanyeol's eyes widened as his heart started beating abnormally fast. "Uh, I don't." He lied.

Jiyeon stare at him curiously and questionably and verified, "Are you sure, Chanyeol-sshi?"

Chanyeol nodded his head silently. "Good. Because, I don't want to trouble you, because my heart belongs to Myungsoo. I.. just don't want to land myself in a dilemma at the end, having to choose between you and him. I also don't want to hurt you, Chanyeol-sshi." Jiyeon explained. Playing with her fingers underneath the table, she then continued on, saying, "We're friends right?" Jiyeon said.

"Yeah.." Chanyeol replied back softly as a frown was buried beneath him. 

 

"Anyway, I had a great lunch with you. See ya soon." Jiyeon said. bidding farewell as she left hurriedly for the next lecture. 

Chanyeol's mind was at lost. Those words from Jiyeon just now, came too unexpectedly. His mind was flustered and filled with questions on her sudden confession. What does that all mean? Chanyeol took a seat on the bench as he placed the books beside him as he rest his head on his arms. Thinking back at the conversation just now, he felt really weird.

"I think I am giving you false thoughts, Jiyeon-sshi." Chanyeol said, letting off a sigh. 

His eyes were wandering around aimlessly. He decided on skipping the next lesson anyway, as his eyes stumbled upon an advertisement pasted on the school happenings' notice board.

He carried his bag and his books as he approached towards the board and read the advertisement.

It read: The Seoul Bukhansan Mt. Nature Park Reopens, with a festival organized this weekend. Free Entry for All

Chanyeol was beaming with smiles as he messaged Jiyeon with a photo of the advertisment.

To: Jiyeon

Are you keen on this?! It's gonna be fun and interesting, and we can get to hike up Bukhansan mt together, like you always loved. But don't worry, we're going as friends... :) will you go??

 

Jiyeon was having her lessons as she suddenly felt vibration on her phone. Curious about it, she took out her phone secretly and read the text. Her eyes widened in shock. "Should I go or not? But he looks desperate for me to go with him..." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

 


Here's an update!
Please comment about this chapter! Any grammar / spelling errors, please notify me! :)

Send me friend requests if you want, I'll accept and please subscribe if you haven't! :)