A Lot Of Love

It All Started With Green Tea Latte

For the next few nights, Kai continued to visit Taemin to learn more from him. The two had become really close and Kai really valued their friendship. As an act of gratitude and more of an act out of free will to help his friend, Kai helped to bring drinks out to serve the customers during Taemin’s shift each night. On a side note, this gave Kai more reason to be around and talk to Taemin. 

 

"One Mocha Ice Blended, Taemin-hyung!" Kai chirped as he entered the back area. "Coming right up!" Taemin hummed back in his melodious voice. 

                                                                                                      ***

It was D-1 to comeback. That night, Kai visited the coffeehouse after practice as usual. It had become a daily habit and his day didn't seem complete without visiting Taemin. 

 

"Wow, you're such a quick learner Kai! Look, now you already know how to make awesome green tea latte and even nice coffee...won't you brew it for me someday?" Taemin chuckled, teasing Kai. Kai's cheeks grew pink at Taemin's request, thanking his hyung. "Sure! Thank you for teaching me, Taemin hyung!" And Kai instinctively wrapped Taemin tightly in a warm hug. As Kai's skin touched Taemin's milky ones, an unfamiliar jolt was sent through his heart. Kai jerked, pulling away from Taemin. Not understanding why his body reacted that way, Kai rubbed the back of his head, trying to understand his body’s actions. Chuckling, Taemin ruffled Kai’s hair.

 

As the two left the coffeehouse after they packed up for the night, Kai suddenly remembered, "Oh yes! Taemin hyung, tomorrow is our comeback, we'll be performing on Music Bank...want to come and watch? It'll be fun, I promise! Please comeee" Kai's huge doe eyes met with Taemin's, hoping that they could convince Taemin to catch Exo's performance the next day. 

 

"Oh! Good luck for your performance, I'm sure you'll do great!! I would love to go, but I'm not sure if I can make it, sorry Kai..." Taemin's voice hinted a genuine apology to his good friend. Disappointed at Taemin's response, Kai pouted. "Don't be sad, Kai, I'll be there with you spiritually! My heart will be with you," Taemin smiled, and his hands found their place on either side of Kai's cheeks. Mouthing some words that only he could hear, Taemin's long fingers brushed against Kai's cheeks once before they left Kai's face. Taemin waved goodbye to Kai, actions seeming like they were telling Kai that he hoped they could meet again soon. 

 

Kai's heart beat rapidly as he waved goodbye to Taemin, triggered by the sensitive touch of Taemin's soft fingers. He hoped he could find another reason to visit Taemin soon since their coffee making sessions were completed. 

                                                                                                    ***

It was finally D-day! The Exo members were all hyped up, gearing up for a good show on Music Bank. Kai was excited as well, hoping that their performance would be well-received by the audience. As they made their way up to the stage for their performance, everyone was pretty nervous yet excited to put up a good performance. Kai glanced over the audience, hoping that maybe, just maybe, Taemin was there. As he scanned the audience, to his dismay, Taemin wasn’t there; he really couldn't make it. A little dejected, Kai took his place as the song started playing. 

 

Through the middle of the performance, Kai suddenly noticed a yellow lighted screen waving frantically at the back of the audience. 

 

"Saranghaeyo~" the members sang as part of the lyrics of the song, and Kai spotted the owner of the screen. It was Taemin! Kai's mood immediately lifted, and his face lit up entirely, happy that Taemin could make it in the end. 

 

"You were wonderful, Kai-ah, your dancing and your voice is so good!" Taemin embraced Kai in a warm hug after Exo's performance, backstage. Taemin was granted access backstage as Kai confirmed that he was a friend. 

 

Kai's heartbeat increased, from Taemin's sudden hug and their exhausting performance. "Your stage make-up and all...you're especially handsome today," Taemin whispered into Kai's right ear, words hinting a very slight smirk. Kai blushed violently, as though his cheeks weren't red enough from the blusher and performance. Preventing himself from getting any redder, Kai quickly pulled away from Taemin, to face the other members. 

 

"Everyone listen up! This is Taemin, he makes reaaaally good green tea latte!!" The members laughed at Kai’s introduction, but welcomed Taemin, and some even commented that he was too pretty for a boy. Sehun recognized Taemin, and gave him a warm welcome, "Nice to meet you again, Taemin!" 

 

As everyone chatted, a sudden bright idea popped up in Kai's mind. 

 

Dragging Taemin to one side, he whispered "Oh Taemin hyung! We should make coffee together for the members today to celebrate! Can we borrow the shop for a while? Pleaseee” Kai tugged at Taemin’s arms, wanting to carry out his idea. 

 

Taemin hesitated for a while, not sure if he could ask to borrow the shop as he wasn't the boss. However, as he didn't want to disappoint the excited Kai, Taemin agreed to try persuading the manager there. Kai grinned widely, thanked his hyung, and turned to the other members. "Guys! We're going somewhere after this, you're going to enjoy it!!" Kai announced proudly. 

                                                                                                       ***

As they entered the coffeehouse, Taemin approached his manager to ask if they could borrow the place for just two hours while Kai brought the members in. After much persuasion, the manager finally agreed to it, conditions being Taemin working overtime for the next few days. 

 

Taemin signaled a thumbs up to Kai, gesturing for him to start on their "project coffee" in the back. Kai grinned, excusing himself from the table where the members sat. "Excuse me for a while guys, I'll be back soon!" And Kai disappeared into the back. Taemin and Kai worked so well together, cooperating flawlessly to make the eleven beverages for the members. High-fiving each other once a drink was done, the two were delighted with their work once all the drinks were prepared. 

 

"Ta-da! Guys, taste Taemin-hyung's and my work! Keke" Kai chuckled as he brought drinks out one by one. All the members laughed at the surprise, Tao complaining how Kai's cooking skills should not be trusted. "Tsk, hyung!!" Kai whined. 

 

As Kai hopped into the back to bring out more drinks, Kai accidentally knocked into Taemin who had just brought out some drinks from the beverage counter, causing both of them to fall onto the floor in the back area, Taemin collapsing onto Kai. The green tea latte spilled all over Kai, messing up his shirt.

 

"Ah! Whoops, sorry!! I didn't see you..." Taemin bit his lower lip and apologized to Kai, hands moving all over Kai's face and white button down shirt while trying to wipe away all the warm green tea that had spilled over Kai's body. With Taemin's touch all over his body, Kai's mind was too blurred with thoughts and emotions to get anything out of his mouth. He silently nodded, trying to say that it was okay. 

 

Deciding that it would be better to wash the shirt first before any stain got permanent, Taemin's hands started working at the buttons of Kai's shirt without warning. "Damn, I should wash this off now before it gets permanent..." Taemin mumbled. 

Taemin now had both legs on either side of Kai's body, kneeling on top of Kai as his hands worked their way down the buttons on Kai's shirt. Kai's heart pounded hard in his chest, making him wonder if Taemin might actually even hear it.  Kai's mind was filled with thoughts that he couldn't understand. Why was he feeling this way?! Why was he even feeling anything towards Taemin?! What was it that he was feeling?! 

 

Taemin jerked the blouse off Kai, and threw it in the sink from the floor where he was. As he turned back to face Kai, Taemin's blue eyes suddenly coincidentally met with Kai's brown ones. As Taemin's hands moved to wipe the remains of the green tea off Kai's neck, Kai's muscular hands suddenly grabbed hold of Taemin's petite wrists, placing Taemin's smooth palm on the exact spot where his heart was. Kai placed his own palm on Taemin's chest, and he could feel that Taemin's heartbeat was exactly like his, rapid and irregular. Taemin's cheeks grew pink, his eyelids fluttering as he looked down to the floor, embarrassed. 

 

Knowing how Taemin felt, Kai smiled. He finally understood what he was feeling. He had been attracted to Taemin from the start, it was indeed...love. Sehun was right. 

 

As the questions cleared up in Kai's mind, Kai's fingers tilted Taemin's head to face him. Inhaling a deep breath, Kai wrapped his arms around Taemin's back, and brought their faces together for their lips to meet. Taemin didn't argue, for he wanted to taste Kai's luscious lips too...ever since he saw Kai the first time. He just didn't tell Kai about it. Their kiss was sweet and passionate, tongues locking and exploring each other's mouths endlessly. Taemin's arms locked around Kai's neck instinctively and Kai bit onto Taemin's lips in response. Taemin chuckled into Kai's mouth, teasing his newfound lover. 

 

Breaking from the kiss, both were panting for air. They were so blissfully happy. 

 

Taemin moved down on Kai, their hips grinding together in response. Both boys blushed violently, as they felt each other's member, both erected and hard. 

 

"OH MY- I'm so s-sorry please er...continue with...err..." Suho had entered the back, fumbling at his words, "I just came in to get some coffee...it's okay I'll just-I didn't see anything!!" He grabbed a cup of coffee on the counter and made his way back quickly to the table to join the others. 

 

Taemin and Kai blushed madly, embarrassed that Suho saw them like that. "WHOOPS. We need to...get a room" Kai whispered into Taemin's ear, emphasizing on the last three words. Taemin blushed, burying his head into Kai's chest. 

 

"I love you, Kai." Taemin whispered to Kai, resting his head on Kai's chest snugly. 

 

"I love you too, Taemin." Kai smiled blissfully, adding, "Remember our hearts? They beat as one. This means that our hearts will always be as one, we will always be together." Taemin beamed.

 

 

 

A/N: So, here's the last chapter! :) I hope you all like it, although I think I could really improve on my fics >< This is my first fic that isn't a one-shot, so...I'll improve in my future fics! :) Thanks for reading~ ^^;;