One Summer Night

One Summer Night

 It has been five years since the show ended and although the hype has died down but the two people has managed to keep their hearts next to each other even though somedays they are ocean aparts. But it was not always like that.

As both were young and chasing their dreams plus the hesitation to take the next step forward for fear of hurting the other, they were tiptoed around the subject for the first year. Texts flying in random hours and a phone call once every random month, each yearning for the other.

It was that one night where the who’s and who’s of Korean music industry come together to celebrate the end of another great year. Organized by the broadcast station that linked the two people who in reality might not have really truly see each other for who they are if not for that reality show.

And it was the same thing over again as the station unknowningly played matchmaker again. She was stood a distance away in a dress of his favorite colors blue and gold, her eyes sparkling like the stars that night. He was mucking around with some of his friends and band members when one of them nudged him towards her direction.

It’s as if she has senses when it comes to him, for she turned and their eyes met. The eyes are the window to one’s soul, they say and it’s hard to explain what exactly transpired between the two but something changed that night. As if magic was in the air and magic came in the form of courage.

And then there was no doubt in their minds that they love each other. Everything about her makes him smile. When she hold his hand, she never want to let go. When she is sad, he would do anything in his power to make it better. He mean so much to her that it hurts. They would give anything to be with each other every second of every day.

It was one summer day, five years down the road later – a year of tiptoeing and four years filled with longings, joys, happiness, sadness, distances, uncertainties, insecurities but most of all each other when two people took a road trip to nowhere. Some time to be no one else but just two people in love with each other and spending time together.

Under the starry night, they smiled at one another, and then he bent forwards, brushing his lips against hers, deepening his kiss until she pulled away. A kiss that expressed longing and love. 

He raised his other hand to her head, tilting it upwards, then he kissed her eyes, his lips barely touching her skin, but nevertheless sending sweet electrical charges through her body. 

He kissed the nape of her neck, his arms went around her, and she relaxed against him. Her eyes followed the line of his powerful arms, arms that had held her, the curve of his mouth that had covered her body with kisses, the dark brown eyes that had burnt with feverish passion. His arms tighten around her as if he had no intention of letting her go.

Her cheeks were flushed with shyness and longing. He kissed her eyes, trailing his lips to hers, covering them with exquisite, teasing gentleness, until she thought that she would faint. It isn't fair, she thought, it just isn't fair that one man can do this to her. 

The summer breeze that blew that night was as gentle as their lovemaking. There's nothing between them, except the air that they breathe. 

The birds chirped and he begrudingly open his eyes, only to came upon a wonderful sight, her sleeping form.

“If I woke up next to you every day, I would be more of a morning person,” he whispered softly while brushing away some of her fringe.

Always a light sleeper, she slowly open her eyes and smiled shyly at him. He leaned in to steal a kiss and her body shivered against his touch.

She looked at him and thought back about the past years. She won’t lie, it’s been hard on her and on him as well. There are many times that either one wants to give up, to the point where they don’t know whether it’s worth fighting for.

One of the hardest time to hit them was when he was caught in a scandal and as their relationship is a secret, she was rendered helpless. Her unnies even told her perhaps she should just give up. 

But she said, “I know he's not perfect, but he tries so hard for me. But I'm thankful he isn't. How boring would that be? It's the little imperfections and the sudden change of plans, like when he misreads directions and we're lost, but still holding hands. Yeah, I live for the moments like that.”

And then there was the two years where he went off to the army and she had to be contented with mostly his music to fill his presence.

As if sensing her thoughts, he took her in his arms.

“You know what, I want to wake up next to you, eat breakfast with you, get changed with you, play computer games with you, watch movies with you in bed, hold your hand and watch tv, send you cute texts, buy you gifts, nap together, look into your eyes, be with you at sunrise and sunset, fall asleep whilst on the phone with you, snuggle in bed, mess up your hair, and lastly, kiss you goodnight. It’s been a long time coming, so marry me,” he tells her softly but firmly.

There was a long pause and she eyed him warily from under her lashes. She didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Neither could express the profound happiness spilling inside of her. She sat up and flung her arms around his neck, settling for laughing, although her eyes were glistening.

"Does that mean that you accept?" he whispered, and she could hear the smile in his voice.

"What do you think?"

"Think?" he looked down at her strangely. 

"I lost the ability to do that competently when I fell in love with you once upon a time."

Note: I love this song very much atm... and somehow i feel that there is a story for Yong & Hyun, so taaaadaaa! Dry spell be gone?! All credit for any quotes belongs to their respective owners.