One Second

One Second

It takes one second to meet you...

 

 

"Alright class, let's have a fun group activity!" The whole class groaned in misery.

"It's a 'get to know your classmates' game! I have set you up with your partners, which is the person right next to you!" I looked to my right, which was a girl, with straight auburn hair. The one on my left, had honey-brown hair, with that -like face of his. I scoffed.

'I ain't talking to this -faced creature.' I looked at the auburn haired girl, who now had a partner. I sighed sadly.

'I guess I have no choice...' I coughed to get the -faced guy's attention, and luckily, I did.

"Hey, I'm Park Moonjoo! What's your name?!" I said happily.

"Kris." Conversation over. What a .

 

 

One second to become friends.

 

 

I was about to walk into the classroom, until I walked right into that faced dude.

"Watch where you're going, Park." I rolled my eyes.

"Get out of my way, jackass." He rolled his eyes also.

"How can I get out of your way, when you're in my way?" I scoffed.

"There's something called backing up. God dammit Kris, just move before I get late for class!" He didn't even budge. I groaned in frustration.

"You're so damn lucky there's only a couple minutes before the bell rings." I stomped away, only to be pushed to the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" The girl that pushed me down bowed, and ran away.

"What the hell." I mumbled. I was about to stand up, until I saw a hand stick out. I looked at the owner of the hand, and saw that it was Kris's.

"Take my hand." I scoffed.

"Why?"

"Just shut up, and take the damn hand. I don't ask three times." I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"Because that's what friends are for." I smiled a little, and took his hand.

"Yeah... Friends."

 

 

One second to become lovers.

 

 

"Park, talk to me." I ignored him.

"Why won't you talk to me?" I don't know why either.

"What did I do this time?" You didn't do anything. He sighed angrily.

"You're more complicated than Soojin." Tears flew out from the sound of her name. Soojin. Kris's girlfriend.

"H-Hey, are you crying?" I started crying harder.

"N-No , I'm sweating through my eyes!" He looked at me weird.

"Ew, that's gross." I tried wiping my tears away, but he grabbed my hands, and started doing the job for me. He pinched my nose, and gave it a light kiss, which caused me to turn bright red.

"Why didn't you tell me that you liked me." My eyes widen.

"W-What? No, I don't like you." He shrugged, and started to walk away.

"Fine. Then I won't like you either." I grabbed him.

"What about Soojin?" He rolled his eyes.

"Soojin? The imaginary girlfriend that I made up to get you jealous... She's long gone." I stood there, frozen, trying to process everything he just said.

"Does this mean..." He gave me a small smile.

"I like you Moonjoo. I don't even know like is even the right word for this." Tears came out of my eyes again.

"Aish, do you hate me that much?!" He said sadly. I shook my head, and wiped my tears away.

"No... I'm just happy. I like you too. No... I think I love you." He grabbed me, and pulled me into a hug.

"What does this mean now?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"That we're boyfriend and girlfriend, duh." I was about to say something until he shook his head.

"Do you know what couples do?" I looked at him confused.

"How hard-headed can you be? Screw it, I'll just do it." He captured my lips.

 

 

One second to fall apart.

 

 

"What are you doing?" I asked Kris over the phone, since he was in China.

"Talking to you. Duh." I sighed sadly, and the TV, which was on the news channel.

"How's China?" I asked him, since he hasn't been there in a long time.

"It's okay." I hate the fact, we're talking like strangers. Pen pals to be exact.

"How are Exo-M?"

"Great~" I looked at the TV.

'Exo-M's Kris caught-'

"Listen babe, I gotta go. My friends are waiting for me. Bye." He hung up, as quickly as he could. The phone dropped from my hand, as tears dripped from my eyes. I covered my mouth to prevent any sound coming out of my mouth.

'Exo-M's Kris caught kissing a couple of girls in China?!'

 

 

One second to break my heart.

 

"You knew." He mumbled over the phone, since he was still in China.

"Of course I ing knew! It's all over the damn news and internet! Why the hell were you kissing other girls?!"

"It was only payback..."

"Payback for what?!"

"You and that damn crack head!" He now started yelling.

"Since when did Chanyeol have to do with any of this?!"

"I know you've been cheating on me with him, so I started to get payback!"

"Me and Chanyeol are just-"

"Just friends. The best ing friends I ever seen in my life! What? Friends with ing benefits?!" Tears started dripping.

"Why the hell would I do something with Chanyeol?! We're just friends!"

"I don't want to hear it. We're done." I froze.

"W... What?" He started chuckling.

"How can you still be so hard-headed? We are done. I'm breaking up with you."

"Kris-" The call ended... Along with our relationship.

 

 

One single second...

A life was lost...

 

 

"Baby don't cry... Tonight." I sighed at the sound of their voices. Exo's voices to be exact. I started chuckling, as a single tear ran down my cheek. I turned off the TV, and listened to the beautiful sound of nothing. The lights were turned off, and I couldn't see anything but darkness.

In my hand was a single pill. A pill that could make it all go away.

All the pain.

All the misery.

All the memories of him.

In one second, it'll go away.

In one second, I'll be free.

I put the pill to my lips, and into my mouth. I swallowed it without hesitation.

I already started to feel my body shut down. First was my nerves, so I couldn't even feel anymore. The second one to go was my heart. It just stopped beating, making me unable to move. My eyelids dropped, and my breathing stopped. I felt like I was underwater. Each function stopped working one by one, and my hearing was the last one to go.

One second, my hearing will disappear.

One second, I won't be able to hear anything.

One second, I won't be able to wake up.

But in that one second, I heard the door open.

In that one second, I heard his voice call out my name.

In that one second, I heard an apology.

In that one second... I couldn't hear ever again.

And in that one second... I left the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A lot can happen in just one second. A new life couold be made, a new creation, a new realtionship, or a new happy ending. A life could be lost, a creation was rejected, a relationship was broken, or sometimes, happy endings could have never happened.

It all just happened in one second.