Rescued

Rescued

Rescued

Peppercoatedlips

-

Rescued

-

I watch him as he stand at the aisle of the church. He looks manly in his newly cut hair, leather black shoes and black tux. Every woman could fall for him.  He’s Josh Calae, the notorious Casanova. He’s been playing with every woman’s heart since then. He even played mine.

-Flashback-

June 27, 20xx

Its 9:00 in the morning when I woke up. I excitedly got up and went to the bathroom; I took a bath, brush my teeth and fix my hair. I wore a baby pink below the knee dress which I bought yesterday. I check my phone if there’s a message from him; a sly smile is drawn to my lips. He’s been avoiding me for these past 2 weeks. I let a sigh escape from my mouth. Im expecting him to call me, no, it’s okay to me even if he just leaved a message since it’s our special day today. Today is our 1st anniversary, Josh and I’s 1st year of being inlove. I send him a message telling how much I love him and I will wait for him into our first meeting place. I hurriedly went out on my room and got my car key at the top of our center table. It’s already 12:00 when I arrived, this place looks like the same when I first got here.  St. Andrew’s church, the place when Josh and I first met. I looked around to check if Josh is there, but there’s no sign of him. I sat on the bench outside, waiting for Josh to come.

-End of flashback-

The song started to play as he walks.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.

The song suits them well.

And emeralds from mountains towards the sky
never revealing their depth.

He looked at me and flashed a genuine smile.

Tell me that we belong together,
Dress it up with the trappings of love.

The moment he looked at me, a fragment of our memory flashed….

-Flashback-

Im sitting on this bench for already 2 hours but there’s still no sign of him. Did he forget? Is this event still important to him? A bunch of questions pop up on my mind. My eyes got blurred as tears stream down on my face. I’m losing hope. I picked my phone and start dialing his number. He didn’t pick it up, he even turned it off.  I felt like I’ve been stabbed a hundred times. Im hurt. But I chose to stay, I still waited for him. Hours passed when I received a message from him.

‘Im sorry, I’m a jerk. You don’t deserve me Collie, you deserve some one better, a man that can’t let you get hurt, a man that can fight for you, a man that can only love you, only you. I loved you, but I fell out of love. Im sorry’

So. He really fell out of love huh? Great. It is so great that I wanted to jump from a 50 floored building. I want to punch him, stab him, and kick him for felling out, for leaving me like this. But do I have a choice? I need to let go of him. I walked away as I let go of him.

-End of flashback-

A memory when he broke my heart.

I'll be captivated,
I'll hang from your lips,

Am I not mad at him?  Yes, at first, I really want to bury him alive. But now, I’m thanking him for letting me go.

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.

I watch him as he stands beside his bride. They look perfect.

I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

 

A drop of tear fell from my eyes. Not because Im sad that we didn’t make it until end. I’m happy because he finally found his destined partner.

 

The music finally ended

 

 

I took out my gaze from Josh because..

Someone held my hand from the back.

I smiled when I felt his warm palm. I intertwined my fingers to his.

 

 

 

I faced him and smiled.

“Luhan honey you’re late, where have you been?”

Yeah right. I have my man here too…

He’s Luhan, my rescuer, and the one who rescued my heart.