☆☆☆

Fifteen Minutes

The first half of Minseok's morning passes by quicker than expected. Even with his head swarming with thoughts about the Chinese transfer student, Minseok manages to pull himself together and actually get stuff done in all his classes. Minseok takes notes, does well on his tests, hands in his homework, and finishes his projects on time.

Minseok was a pretty decent student, but the only problem was; Minseok never really participated in class. He only spoke if he was called on. He was nearly invisible, and even if three months of school have already past, teachers still struggle trying to remember the round faced, four eyed kid’s name.

The fourth period bell goes off, signaling the beginning of the school’s one hour lunch break. Minseok scrambles to pack up his things and stuff them in his bag. He gets up out of his seat, and tucks his chair in under the desk before heading towards the door. Minseok stops in his tracks when he hears a soft voice come from behind him.

“Hey, Minseok wait,” Luhan says, reaching out to put a hand on Minseok’s shoulder. Minseok turns around and looks past Luhan’s shoulder to see Chanyeol, left arm raised high in the air, keeping Baekhyun’s small makeup pouch way out of his reach while the short brunette continuously jumped up at it. In front of the couple, Yixing has an arm slung over Sehun’s shoulders, laughing about some stupid joke that has something to do with nuts.

Minseok focuses his attention back to Luhan when the taller boy asks if Minseok wanted to join him for lunch. “I heard that the food in the cafeteria isn’t all that bad, and plus you could help the others show me around?” Luhan looks at Minseok with a hopeful expression on his face and Minseok doesn’t know what to say other than, “Oh.” He considers accepting Luhan’s invitation for a brief moment but when he looks back at the other boys, he notices Sehun glaring right at him.

Sehun clenches his fists and shakes his head slightly when he makes eye contact with Minseok. Minseok quickly looks away from Sehun, and without sparing Luhan a glance, he hastily replies, “Sorry, I have something planned today.”, before he scurries out of the class.

As soon as Minseok gets out into the hallway, he speed walks past all the classrooms on the main floor and skips up the steps leading up to the second floor of the school. Minseok ducks his head when he spots Kim Jongdae, leaning against his locker, talking to a clearly uninterested Kim Junmyeon. Minseok keeps walking down the hall until he reaches the school’s library. He turns around pushes its doors open with his back while he rummages in his bag, looking for the book’s he borrowed last week.