Fifteen Minutes

Kim Minseok stands awkwardly at the doorway of his homeroom class. He fixes his glasses before glancing up at the clock hanging in the hallway for the third time.

8:15 am, fifteen minutes before class starts. Minseok is always early. He likes to be early. Not because he wants to be something like a teacher’s pet or what not, (The class already has Jongin for that.) but simply because he likes the feeling of sitting in a classroom alone, surrounded by silence. The sound of nothing in an empty classroom has always calmed him down before the hectic eight periods (plus lunch) of his day come to a start.
 
On a regular day, Minseok would take the seat next to the window in the fourth row, on a good day he steps a bit out of his comfort zone, and moves up a row or two. On extremely ty days, where he stays up late the night before and gets up late feeling like crap in the morning, Minseok drags himself to the back of the class room and takes the seat nearest to the back entrance of the room.
 
Today was none of those days. Today Minseok continues to stand outside of the classroom, staring at the dark blond haired boy sitting where Minseok would usually sit on a regular day. The boy has his feet propped up on the desk, fingers tapping away on his phone, one ear bud in his right ear while the other dangled around his neck. Minseok takes his eyes off the kid to glance back up at the clock.
 
8:22 am.
 
A small cough, followed by the sound of throat clearing comes out from the classroom and startles Minseok, making him jump a little. He turns his attention back to the boy, now sitting properly in his seat, phone sitting on the top right corner of his desk, placing his ear buds neatly into a small translucent container. When he’s done, he tucks the container into his bag, and looks up at Minseok, a small smile lingering on his lips. 
 
"Hey uh, you've been staring for like, ten minutes."
 
Minseok gapes. He has the urge to correct the boy, but no words form in his brain, not a syllable comes off his tongue. His soul has left his body, and the only thing that matters are those bright, brown, doe like eyes, framed by long eyelashes. Those thin lips, stretched out to reveal straight, pearly white teeth. That fair skin, those pink tinted cheeks.  
 
How the hell is this thing even real?
 
"Um. Do you need anything?" The boy asks, his sweet, beautiful voice pulling Minseok out of his trance and back into reality. He was standing in front of Minseok now, towering over him a bit. There's a long moment of silence, and Minseok has never felt so uncomfortable in his life. He looks back at the clock briefly.
 
8:24 am.
 
"Nine minutes." Minseok blurts. The boy stares at him, one eyebrow raised, "Excuse me?"
 
Minseok takes a deep breath, mumbles "You got this man," under his breath, puts on a straight face, and reaches up to place his hands on the boy's shoulders. 
 
"I have been staring at you for nine minutes. Not ten. Nine. You were a minute off. Nice try though."
 
The classroom is quiet. Minseok studies the other boy's face, looking for any signs of uneasiness, confusion... arousal, but there's nothing. Pretty doe eyed boy just stands there, face as blank as a fresh sheet of 8.5" x 11" white printer paper. After a few moments, the boy starts laughing. He shrugs Minseok's hands off of his shoulders and gives the shorter boy a pat on the back. "Funny." he says, before going back to his seat. He pats the desk beside him and pulls out a chair for Minseok to sit in. After Minseok puts his bag down and takes his seat, he looks over at the boy with a slightly confused look on his face. "Who are you anyway?"
 
The pretty stranger laughs before answering. "My name is Luhan. Chinese transfer student." He extends his arm for a handshake and Minseok takes it. "Kim Minseok." he says, shaking Luhan's hand lightly. Luhan smiles at Minseok, a sweet, warm smile that made Minseok's heart flutter just a tiny bit. "Well Kim Minseok, you're kind of cute. I like you." The shorter boy blushes,and pushes his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose. He laughs shyly and hesitates before replying, "Yeah, you're kind of cute too."
 
A bell rings and Minseok turns away from Luhan to check the clock.
 
8:30 am.
 

a/n: ahHAHAahahAHAAAa..

sorry i dissapointed u. <3 please forgive me. and comment. ha. hahahahha. <33333 (and i havent edited it yet since its kind of late so please excuse any grammar mistakes or whatever, ^^;)