Chapter Two: The Tragic News

Forgotten Memories

Chapter Two: The Tragic News

(Kris Wu's Point of View)

               It's been a week since my wife flew to Seoul, South Korea to attend a business meeting. I haven't heard from her ever since. I tried calling her cellphone but all I heard was a busy tone or an automated voicemail system. I am worried sick and I can't get this troubled feeling that I'm having by the time she left the house here in Taipei, Taiwan.

               "Appa! Appa! Oppa-Cai won't stop taking my food." Hsiu Mei cried, she's my youngest daughter. I lifted her so she can sit in my lap. "Cai! Will you leave your sister alone, please. You have your own share of food." I scolded. My eldest started walking towards our direction and sat beside Mei. "Mianhaeyo, Mei. Here you go." he said while handing the food to his little sister. I hugged them both and Mei kissed my cheeks. "Appa, when is Umma coming back? I miss her already." Cai muttered his voice lonely. I started carressing my son's cheeks and replied, "Umma, will be back soon son. I miss her too."

               The phone started ringing and moved my children to the couch where they can sit while I answer the phone. "Nihao! Wu Residence, Kris speaking." I greeted. On the other line, it's our dear ee-mo Ah Jin, from Korea. "Yeoboseyo, Kris is this you?" she muttered, her voice a little shaky. "Neh, ee-mo. How are you? Have you heard from Hyu. She hasn't called me yet. I'm worried about her." I answered. It was silent on the other line for a moment. Then she finally spoke, "Kris, I have to discuss something with you. Will please move some place where the kids won't here you." she exclaimed. My heart started beating faster and there's an uneasy feeling that's rushing through me.

"Hyu got into a car accident a week ago. She just woke up and she's doing okay but...." Ee-mo stopped speaking for awhile and let out a deep breathe. "She doesn't remember you or the kids. The doctor said she has partial amnesia and has forgotten 5 years of her life." she finished. I was shocked and stared in distance. "Why is this happening? My wife doesn't remember me or our kids." the pain started to pricked through my heart, it felt like it was ten times harder to breathe. "Kris! Are you there?" Ee-mo shouted on the other line. I cleared my head and tried to speak. "I am here, Ee-mo. We will fly back to Seoul tomorrow morning. See you then." I muttered.. Almost sounded like a whisper. 

I sat back beside my children.. I placed my hand to cover my face. "Appa, was that Umma on the phone?" Cai asked with such excitement... I looked at my children and they looked to eager to hear my answer. I hugged them, "No son, it was Ee-mo Ah Jin. She said we have to visit umma. We're going to Korea tomorrow." I answered. Trying really hard to contain my feelings.. I hugged them both once again, so tighty as tears starts falling down my cheeks. "I can't tell them what had just happen. They don't deserve to know that their mother lost her memories and doesn't remember us." I thought... 

I can't let go from hugginv my kids as they're the once who's giving me strength.