Yes!

That One Special Person

"I need five more of those copied paper, yes that one. Oh and also —"

 

"Ms. Wang?"

 

You turn around when you hear your name being called. You're greeted by a young, smiling man.

 

"May I help you?" you reply.

 

"You have a delivery" he says while rummaging through his pocket suit, showing you his tablet. "Could you sign here for me?"

 

You don’t even bother to ask him what the delivery is, because you want to get back to whatever the hell you’re doing. You just assume it’s just something for the next company’s meeting in two weeks. So you quickly sign and return the tablet to him.

 

“Do you have the thing with you?” you ask him.

 

“It’s on your desk already”

 

“Why didn’t you just give it to me right here, right n–“

 

“I didn’t think it was appropriate.”

 

You sigh. This kind of thing was something you just could not deal with lately. It had been weeks since you and Minseok were busy with your own works. Him being in EXO, and you being an employee in a company didn’t give much time to see each other, physically.

The fact that Minseok was busy performing with the other eleven guys for their tour in other parts of the world did not make it any better. You barely had time to Skype him—hell—even to call him. So neither did he.

But he never forgot to text you good night’s, good morning’s, I miss you’s and I love you’s every day, every night. Even a simple text from him was enough for now. But still, that didn’t change the fact that you missed him so much.

“Thank you”, you tell the delivery man through gritted teeth.

He nods at you before leaving. You turn back to call your assistant and continue to tell her about all the last minute things that needed to be done. When that’s finished, you return to your desk to look at the items that had been delivered. When you open the door to your office, however, you are completely surprised to see a gorgeous arrangement of colorful roses, and a huge cute radish plushie on your desk.

“Oh my God” you whisper.

You sit down in your chair and admire the flowers and plushie up close. The sweet aroma overtakes you, the roses still fresh and wet with little beads of water. You giggle upon seeing the big cute radish plushie. Among the sea of colorful roses, you see a white, small envelope addressed to you.

 

You open it and pull out the note inside.

 

Thinking of you everyday… I’m going to miss you every second that I’m away.

When you go home, open the dark blue box at the bottom of my drawer.

I love you.

– Minseok.

 

You smile after reading your boyfriend’s notes. Even though you’re happy, you’re also extremely curious by his cryptic message. You lean back into your chair for few minutes and think of what could be in the box, but nothing comes to mind. It looks like you’re just going to have to wait until you go home to see what surprise he has for you.

Not forget to mention that you’re completely oblivious (and forgot) that today is your birthday.


You arrive home immediately and run straight to your room after hanging up your coat. Walking over to the drawer, you open it and look down.

There it was, the dark blue box with a note taped on top.

 

Because you need to be reminded everyday why I love you.

Like a vitamin, one a day.

 

What is he up to?

Curiously, you pick up the box and take it out of the closet. You shake it slightly, hoping you could identify what was inside by the sound but you don’t hear anything. Setting it on the bed, you untape the note on top before opening the box.

Thin, white envelopes are stacked neatly side-by-side, a vivid contrast to the dark inside of the box. They span the entire width, leaving no space unpacked. You take out the first envelope in the box; the front says March 25, 2013. Inside, another note in Minseok’s neat, careful and delicate handwriting.

 

90 letters. 90 days.

For when you miss me the most…

For when you want to cry..

For when you need to hear ‘I love you’…

For when you need a big surprise in a day.

 

Although tears are starting to fall from your eyes, they are met with a smile and a laugh.


March 29, 2013

Green scarf. White t-shirt. Acid jeans vest. Black skinny jeans. Red-maroon boots. A beautiful and gorgeous smile. A reddening nose because of cold which is cute.

What you were wearing the first day we met 4 years ago.


April 1, 2013

Last night, I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.

Even though today is April Fool, I’m not telling you lie. Trust me.


April 20, 2013

I’m not a photographer but I can picture us together forever.


April 30, 2013

Do you remember our first date to that café you love so much? I’ll take you there when I’m home.


May 5, 2013

Do you remember that fight we had over your favorite plushie? You had blamed me for losing it because I was rushing in airport. Well, I found it. It’s on the top of the drawer. I also got you the bigger one. I expect to be fully rewarded when I get back.


May 15, 2013

If I had wings and I could fly, I would still walk with you.


May 22, 2013

I love your eyes but I love mine more because without them, I can’t see yours.


June 8, 2013

Sometimes I wonder if I’m dreaming because I can’t believe an angel like you fell in love with me.


June 16, 2013

I miss you. I love you. I want to hold you. I want to kiss you. I want to cuddle up with you while doing our weekly movie marathon.


June 12, 2013

My heart is, and always will be, yours.

Is yours too?


July 20, 2013

It’s so great to finally find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. Yet it’s so frightening to not knowing what her answer might be.

You still have one thing left from me, babe. Check it out on the top of the drawer, right under your radish.


July 25, 2013

You get up and make your way to the drawer. Happy to see your radish plushie back, you hold it gently in your arms, and finding a DVD disk, neatly wrapped in its paper-wrap, with something written in black marker pen on it.

 

Play this disk. And do what the instruction says. I love you.

 

Curious, you quickly set your laptop and put the DVD in.

 

The disk starts to play. And a cute-yet-good looking Minseok appears, with that bubbly smile of his. His eyes curved into crescent moons, sending butterflies in your stomach. He waves at the camera.

 

“Hey babe. How have you been? Don’t forget to take your vitamin once a day. I miss you so much” Minseok says in the tape, then there’s a brief pause.

 

You chuckle at his words. “I’m good. But I miss you like crazy” you mumble under your breath.

 

“I know that I can’t see you that often, or as much as I want. I’ll take you to movies and buy you that hedgehog plushie you’ve been ogling for when I’m back, I promise.”

 

How come he knows?

 

“Nobody’s perfect, and that’s why I want to apologize if I’ve ever done you wrong sometimes. I’m guessing that you’re very happy to see Mr. Mu back?” he laughs

 

“So… Straight to the point. Happy birthday, honey. I’m sorry I can’t make it this year” he sighs “But always remember that you’re my number one priority. Even though I hardly ever call you or Skype you, because whenever we’ve finished performing it’s always late, I’ll always love you no matter what. Please remember that. It’s just that I don’t want to wake up your cute self when you’re asleep” he chuckles.

“I’m guessing that you’ve read all the notes that I’ve stacked in the box, yeah?” he pauses “Well, have you found that one person you want to annoy for the rest of your life yet?” he pauses again “Because I have”

Silence.

"..... and it's you"

 

What is he up to?

 

“Wang Xiauhua, would you give me the honor to change your last name? Would you take the honor on being a Kim, or Mrs. Kim Minseok?” he asks in the tape.

His face shows a clear anxiety and nervousness. Despite separated miles away, you can feel him here. You feel your tear ducts start to water.

 

“If you, Wang Xiauhua, take my request, please call me. Or tell me. Or do something to make me know. I love you”

And so the video ends.

 

You choked your own happy tears. Your boyfriend of four years, is proposing to you. In your birthday. Hell, you even forgot that today is your birthday.

 

You quickly reach your phone and hit Minseok’s number.

 

Hey this is Minseok speaking. I’ll call you back when I’m done doing whatever I’m currently doing. Thank you, and have a nice day!

 

You sigh, he must be asleep by now. But that small thing doesn’t make you sulk or something. Instead you send him a voice message.

 

“Hey Minseok. Thank you for reminding me that today is my birthday. Are you 100% sure you want to annoy me for the rest of your life? Because once I say yes, you can’t step back. I love you”

 

Right before you hit the red button, you notice that there’s one note left inside the disk’s paper-wrap. Smiling to yourself, you open the letter and read it.

 

Can’t come home soon enough.

 

At the same time, your phone vibrates, and the screen flashes Minseok’s name.

 

“Hey babe” his voice is groggy from sleep, but you can detect happiness and giddiness in it despite miles away.

 

“Hey Minseokkie. Thanks for the birthday gift. How are you feeling?”

 

He laughs, “I’m feeling very, very great because that one special person agrees to be the one I want to annoy for the rest of my life. Thank you.”

 


 

JJHHDFDIOFGUHQWYUETYQW90YUDVHNQWW-EFFIWYUIREWHUDCGVHBSSCJ I JUST CANT........... HERE ARE SOME GIFS OF MINSEOK I KNOW YOU CANT RESIST

tumblr_mp8c69Xt4H1s4rgnxo2_500.gif

 

tumblr_inline_mk9xgvtpOO1qz4rgp.gif