A Cold Heart

Open Hearted

You're Kyuhyun's girlfriend from 7~10 years ago, but he "lost" his memories of you after the car accident. The two of you never truly broke up, but you decided to leave Korea to study because he didn't remember you/was in critical condition. And now that you're back, you bump into him in the middle of the night when he's wandering around after fighting with Sungmin (this set around early April, so it's still a bit snowy/cold). You are either the same age as him or older;  everything else will be left up to the reader.

 

A Cold Heart

 

You shiver and tug at your jacket and scarf as a gust of wind sprays some snow in your face, picking up your pace. High heels are such a pain . . . Looking up at the sky, you take a moment to appreciate the stars before pouting.

Why do the sunbaes at work always have to go out drinking so late? And drag me along, too?

Yes, it's true that you lived near the office building, and the club was also within walking distance to your apartment complex, but . . . Honestly? It's freaking cold out, and deserted streets and alleys have always creeped you out.

"Why should I?" You suddenly hear an angry voice snap from somewhere a few paces ahead of you. "Sungmin-hyung--no, Ryeowook, I didn't say that--" You walk towards that voice, wondering why it seemed familiar. A few paces more and you can see the outline of a warmly dressed, tall man on his handphone. And few more steps, you see a face that makes your heart stop as he looks up. Shock registers in those dark, saucer-like eyes as he almost drops his phone. "You--"

"You . . ." You began.

"Ryeowook, I'll be back in a bit," Kyuhyun hangs up on the man on the other end. And he closes the gap between the two of you in three long strides, lowering his face to your eye level.

"Kyuhyun-ah?"

He squints, turning his head this way and that, making you realize that he wasn't wearing contacts or glasses. His eyesight is still as bad as before? "Do I know you, miss?"

And you feel your heart sink. That's right, it's been over seven years . . . there's no way he'd remember. You find yourself looking away from those deep brown eyes, focusing on a discarded cigarette near his right foot. The embers glow, and you begin to wish that you could be like them and just disappear after being snuffed out. People really need to stop throwing these where-ever . . . 

"Ah, are you one of my fans?" He fists his palm as he thinks about who you might be a bit more. Then impulsively, you stomp at the cigarette by his foot and miss, stepping on him instead. You feel all the color draining from your face as he crouches down to nurse his foot.

"I'm so sorry, Kyuhyun-ah," you bow and apologize over and over. I stepped on Super Junior's Kyuhyun's foot, what do I do? What do I do? You panic, forgetting for a moment that he was just Kyuhyun right now. He's evil, isn't he? What do I do, what do I do? Frantically, you begin walk in small circles.

"First off, I'm not evil--"

Oh. My. God. He can read minds now, too! What do I do, what do I do--

"And second--"

What do I do, what do I do--

"Hey, you--"

What do I-- "Ow! What was that for?" You flinch as he clocks you lightly on the top of your head.

"That was for my foot," he says, smirking smuggly. "And I don't read minds. You're just a bit vocal when it comes to thinking." Your face feels like it's burning and you look away sheepishly. "So."

"So?"

"Are you my fan?"

You fluff out your cheeks. "No, I'm Sungmin-oppa's fan," you say, partially wanting to make him jealous, partially hurt because he doesn't seem to remember you.

"I see," he says, narrowing his eyes as his voice gets colder. "So you like sleezy pink rabbits."

"I . . . no," you stammered. "I like--"

"Baby-faced noona-killers that can't hold alcohol?"

"I like Kyuhyun," you blurted out, covering your face immediately afterwards. You peek out between your fingers and almost regret blurting out that you liked him as that all-too-familiar I-knew-it smirk stretches over his handsome features.

"I knew it," he practically sings this, his eyes twinkling. "You." He tugs at your hands. "It's not like you committed a federal crime or something, come on!" He tugs a bit harder, pulling you off balance and into a tight hug, and that smirk never leaves his face. "Thank you for liking me."

Thanks for liking me . . . Your eyes sting as you remember those same words he told you over seven years ago, before his car accident. Your body feels numb as your heart breaks from remembering the time you once spent by his side, and the tears burn your cheeks as they roll down to your chin. 

"H-hey . . . Are you crying right now?" He asks, flustered.

". . ."

"Don't cry, ok? You're making me look like a bad man . . ." He continues to hold you, hiding your face with his larger frame and arms. He sighs as you sniffle, trying to stop the tears, and you let him guide you as he begins to move. Lightly, he seats you on a bench, tugging again at your hands. "I thought this was the end of my memory; the faces I’ll never see again pass me by. I stood at the end where I couldn’t do anything, putting my hands together and just praying . . ."  You freeze as he sings. "So I could show you my heart that still hasn’t done everything. Get up again; I want to see the you that has waited for me. Go back again; I want to say 'I love you.' Don't cry, ok?" He tugs again at your hands, this time pulling them off your face. He smiles warmly at you as he crouches on the ground, and his breath is warm as he sings, thawing your face. "If you keep crying like that, your eyes will get frozen shut and you'll turn really ugly. Come on, I'll be nice and walk you home." Gently, he pulls you to your feet and releases your hands, taking a few steps ahead, but you stayed frozen in place. He spins around, pouting slightly. "Come on, it can't be too far if you're wandering around so late." He tugs your wrist and begins to lead you in the wrong direction.

"My house is actually that way," you say, pinching his sleeve and pointing to the opposite direction. You even forgot where I lived before I went abroad . . .

And the two of you walked in silence.

 

Arriving at your building, he releases your hand, smirking as you turn away from him and begin to walk towards door.

"Hey, you!"

You turn around. "Thanks for walking me back--" Suddenly, he pulls you into another tight embrace.

"Did you think I would be cold-hearted enough to forget you for even a second?" And just like that, under the flickering street lights, he bends down and kisses you. "I love you, my cold-hearted princess that left me seven years ago."

 

END

 

20130826 - Cheesey D: And choppy D= Jaedelle's running out of ideas! TT_TT