Fairytale (Ft. Hyukjae)

Super Junior & EXO One Shots/Scenarios

Rain pelted down relentlessly. I was glad the wind was kept to a minimal.

Ignoring my image, I was just walking aimlessly in the rain while everyone was rushing to and fro with umbrellas.

It was a bad Monday at work. It was a bad start as I entirely screwed up my work. Rainwater or tears on my face; I have no idea.

It was then a shadow fell over me and an umbrella shielded me from therain. I recognized the face immediately; my company, SM Entertainment’sCEO’s son; Lee Hyukjae.

I blinked my eyes. Under normal circumstances, we never would have met. He was a total package as what all the ladies would call; smart, athletic,rich, kind and handsome. He possesses all traits of a perfect boyfriend or even husband material. Lets be real; like the rest of the female population at my company, I had a crush on him too regardless minor or major.

“Heading to the bus stop?” He squinted at me while looking at my work pass. I could only nod. “Oh so you work here too? I have never seen you around.What is your name?”

Of course he doesn’t. The entire company is so huge. How would he be ableto recognize me and worst under a rainy day? Do I really have to answer that? Great now he would remember me as the soaking girl with hair plastered on her face.

“Lee Hyerin.” I muttered, looking down and avoiding his gave. Why was heeven talking to me? He was probably just feeling sorry for me.

“Pretty name you have.” Hyukjae commented.“

I know. I mean who doesn’t know you.”

Complete silence. Awkward atmosphere.

“Well Hyerin-ah I got to go. You can have the umbrella and return me otherday.” Hyukjae broke the silence and dashed out across the road where he gotonto his car just before I could say anything.

Did he know me that well till he was using informality with me already? Well he was really just feeling sympathetic for me. What a failure you are, Hyerin. I mentally cursed myself.I headed my way back home while thinking back about that less than 5minutes encounter with Hyukjae. Was it even a dream? Did that really happen? I shook my head in utter confusion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a week since that awkward encounter with Hyukjae. I totally wrote it off as him doing a good deed and having pity on a stupid girl who did not bring an umbrella on a rainy day. It must have been a little deal tto him and it would never happen again.

Full stop.

I was being snapped out of trance when there was a slight commotion at mydepartment; with ladies sworning and whipping out their cosmetic pouches.

Next thing I knew, Hyukjae was at desk.

All attention was immediately on me with curious and sharp gazes. I wasn’tused to all this attention. Lee Hyukjae, it is your entire fault. Now I am going to be a sharp thorn in everyone’s eyes.

“Did you get home well that night?” He asked. Well-asked. It does sounds suspicious without any context.

“Well…the rain kind of subsided and thanks to your umbrella…and yeah I did…” I replied awkwardly still avoiding eye contact with him. It was just that hard to look up and see his beautiful face with perfect jaw line.

“Alright. Let’s get dinner after work tomorrow. I will see you at the entrance. You could return me my umbrella too.” He stated boldly. Again it was a statement instead of a request. With that, he breezed through everyone not even giving me any second to reply.

I mean who could possibly reject him but it was just basic manners isn’t it?

“Omg omg omg. Did Mr Lee just ask you out on a DATE?! A date! Omo Emily ah,you have struck it rich. The CEO-to-be just asked you out on a date. You need to get prepared, hurry!” My close colleague Jieun started spazzing tome.“Hush it down Jieun ah!” I glared at her. I was embarrassed enough. It doesn’t even feels like a workplace anymore.

“Was it really a date? Ok no it isn’t. It is just me returning him hisumbrella. Nothing else and nothing much.” I mentally face palmed myself.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It seems like news travel fast. Plently of ladies were lurking nearby after work. Ready to sworn over Hyukjae or attack me? I am not sure. One thing I am sure about; I was a little intimidated by them. I just found myself tobe getting myself into a big mess by intertwining my life with this CEO-to-be.

“Ready to go?” Hyukjae’s deep voice snapped me back to reality. I simply nodded. “Just ignore them.” He said once again before reaching my hand and pulling me away.

I blinked. DID LEE HYUKJAE JUST HOLD MY HAND?!

Ok whatever is going on, I have no idea myself.

Silence and awkward atmosphere again.

Apparently, our conversation seems to end after I return him his umbrella at the café.

Fidgeting and swirling my spoon in my cup of tea were the only things I am fond of doing now.

“So Emily ah, did you hear of the famous musical that is portraying at D-Cube Arts Centre now?” Hyukjae started.

There he goes again, not using formalities with my name.

I shrugged. “Jack the Ripper musical? Yeah I have heard about it. It was a great hit. But I could not get tickets so probably going to give it amiss-” I replied.

“Here.” Hyukjae interrupted and pushed me an envelope acosss the table.

I took it hesitantly and peeked inside and to my amazement; it was 2 front row tickets for the musical.

I wanted it so badly but still I pushed it back to him. “Aniyo, you should keep it for yourself or even your girlfriend”

“I’m trying to right now.” Hyukjae gave a sigh of exasperation.

“What do you mean you’re…?”

Oh wait. I fell silent when the true meaning of his words struck me. Was he calling me his girlfriend? That would be crazy.

I frowned at him and in a serious tone, “Mr Hyukjae, we have only met twice and what exactly are you doing?”

“I feel like I know you very well. I have been asking about you.” He countered. “The girl dancing in the rain.” He grinned.

A blank expression fell on me. So I was being stalked and I didn’t know.

Flustered Hyukjae was cute as he saw my expression and began to explain.“Ani, I am usually not creepy; just wanted to know more about you.

”“So the tickets?” He asked again pushing towards me.

“What am I attending as?” I asked, not daring to breathe.

Hyukjae smiled at me and took my hand across the coffee table. I think the whole room drew into a collection breath. “If you give me a chance, then my girlfriend.”

 

Dedicated to my friend:) sorry if I didnt wrote it well. Comment and support. Thanks ^^